'10 CA QB Nick Montana

came back to this thread and it finally sunk in with me that people born in 1988 would be 20 now.

people born in 1988 shouldn't be 20 already...

getting old...

cool video with Nick---

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIPMyt7PRQo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIPMyt7PRQo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Everything I have read lately that Joe Montana and Casey Clausen have written, I believe this kid is going to be really good. They both said he is just now peaking and he is going to get much better.

Everything I have read lately that Joe Montana and Casey Clausen have written, I believe this kid is going to be really good. They both said he is just now peaking and he is going to get much better.

Isn't that a contradiction though? If they're "peaking", how can they "improve?":blink:

the kid is probably super polished already... i dont think we want him. I just dont see him getting any better.

the kid is probably super polished already... i dont think we want him. I just dont see him getting any better.

I'm pretty sure every recruiting writer and D-1 coach disagrees with you.

Every article out there right now is raving about how far Nick could go.

He was a junior last year and if I'm not mistaken, it was his first year starting.

Nick Montana is going to do a great deal of chart climbing this year, if he can avoid injury.

I'm pretty sure every recruiting writer and D-1 coach disagrees with you.

Every article out there right now is raving about how far Nick could go.

He was a junior last year and if I'm not mistaken, it was his first year starting.

Nick Montana is going to do a great deal of chart climbing this year, if he can avoid injury.

im not basing any of this off of facts, im just stating my personal opinion.. don't you think a kid whose dad was such a great QB has probably been to about every camp he possibly can? im not sure how to say what im thinking, but it seems like a kid this famous is probably very near his peak already. Most high school players are raw athletic talent, and then they are polished in college. This kid has probably been being polished all his life and might not have that much more to offer. sorry if that doesnt make sense.

im not basing any of this off of facts, im just stating my personal opinion.. don't you think a kid whose dad was such a great QB has probably been to about every camp he possibly can? im not sure how to say what im thinking, but it seems like a kid this famous is probably very near his peak already. Most high school players are raw athletic talent, and then they are polished in college. This kid has probably been being polished all his life and might not have that much more to offer. sorry if that doesnt make sense.

two words: peyton manning

Montana is good, but I think he's a little overrated, probably due to his name.

He's not a top tier guy like Blake Bell/Connor Wood/Jake Heaps/Phil Sims/..etc, but you can pretty easily put him around the top 5-10 range for QBs.

I doubt we get him though. You know ND is gonna go after him hard, and Ohio State has made him their #1 priority, not to mention all of the other offers.

good point. who knows... its just my opinion.

No I get it. thats probably the glass half empty look at him. Another way would be to say that because of his father he would understand the pressures of being a big time college qb and would handle that better than most. the truth is probably somewhere between those two extremes. still, i know i for one would kill to have a montana as our qb for the next 4 years

I'm pretty sure I understand where you're coming from after that opening.

You just have a hunch he's just not going to work out. Yes?

not even so much that he wont work out. I think he will be average or a little better on the college level. I don't think he has enough potential to become a top QB in college football.

Ohio State insiders are saying that they got a silent commit, and thats why Devin Gardner cut OSU from his list.

Ohio State insiders are saying that they got a silent commit, and thats why Devin Gardner cut OSU from his list.

Of course they said that. Who wouldn't want to go to a NC almost every year? ................ except for the people who want to WIN the NC.

I'm just saying. A guy they have thats literally inside the program posted it. He's probably the most credible message board poster on any site in the country.

Rivals $

2/22

Recaps his visits, recent offers and contact with local programs such as USC and UCLA...says he is considering coming back to OSU for the spring game.

Scout $ - Busy Week In The Books For Montana

2/22

From the OSU site...more of the same...talks about how fortunate he is to have the offers he does...admits the ND offer is a little different but says he is keeping an open mind...was at USC on Sunday for a junior day.

Montana is good, but I think he's a little overrated, probably due to his name.

He's not a top tier guy like Blake Bell/Connor Wood/Jake Heaps/Phil Sims/..etc, but you can pretty easily put him around the top 5-10 range for QBs.

I doubt we get him though. You know ND is gonna go after him hard, and Ohio State has made him their #1 priority, not to mention all of the other offers.

we have not even offered him a scholly yet, that alone should tell you something

I think a couple more QB's will surface after their senior year gets started. Hope we don't put all our hopes on Heaps!

VN Store

Back