'10 CA QB Nick Montana

We (Oregon) have offered Scroggins. I guess he is coming out for a visit as well. I will be shocked if we finish in his top 3 but the oregon coaching staff must know something if they offered him.

The coaches in Oregan know that he is an elite QB prospect. Their sports acumen is truly amazing.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We (Oregon) have offered Scroggins. I guess he is coming out for a visit as well. I will be shocked if we finish in his top 3 but the oregon coaching staff must know something if they offered him.

I know Oregon offered him, but the reason I only mentioned "pro-style" is because Scroggins preference alone might wipe Oregon off the page.

That is why I focused more on Brunetti because he is the #1 DT QB according to Rivals, something the Ducks would like.

I know Oregon offered him, but the reason I only mentioned "pro-style" is because Scroggins preference alone might wipe Oregon off the page.

That is why I focused more on Brunetti because he is the #1 DT QB according to Rivals, something the Ducks would like.

I agree completely, which is why I will be shocked if we finish in Scroggins top 5. But if the coaches knew he is a definite "no," then they wouldn't have wasted the offer on him (at least that's my hope.)

Nick Montana going to Washington helps us out with Scroggins..... USC, LSU, and Washington are both now set at QB, so in my opinion it's between UT and UF.

jeez. At the very least, I'm not routing against you guys. It's not like I'm some of the previously seen Florida trolls or something.

Same goes for me as well. I'm not against Tennessee in the least. Just trying to provide some commentary on common recruits.

I'll also be looking for some pointers on what to see and where to stay when I come out for the Ducks game in Sept. 2010.

Nick Montana going to Washington helps us out with Scroggins..... USC, LSU, and Washington are both now set at QB, so in my opinion it's between UT and UF.

Even though I'm sure UW would have preferred Scroggins, the whole place would come crashing down if they turned down Montana just to wait for Scroggins.

As for Oregon, I do believe Scroggins can become the QB that Kelly envisions because Scroggins has the arm strength, above average mechanics, and the amazing athleticism to excel as a DT QB, but as we both recognized, Scroggins prefers to be a pro-style.

Why the hell are there so many Pac-10 trolls on our board?

Well, they obviously prefer Tennessee fans to their own. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose - it's kind of flattering, actually.

To me, it only further proves what we all know to be true - that our beloved school and its respective sports teams has created an overwhelming and irresistable vortex unrivaled by all other and notably lesser schools. Like so many coaches and recruits, they could no more resist us our many alluring qualities than the waves could avoid the shore.

Who amongst you would ever go to a Washington board, if only for a visit? How about Oregon, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, etc? Hel*, who could even find one?

Oh, I am sure that they'll offer an adamant opposition to this claim, irrespective of the irony involved with doing so here, on a Tennessee message board.

Of course, such will then only further substantiate my argument, and to a far greater degree than I could ever hope to argue, alone.

However, it should be noted that some degree of aggravation may result from those hoping that a message board entitled, "Vol Nation" would be for the exclusive discussion of all things pertaining to the University of Tennessee, and no others.

If such feelings begin to emerge, I pray you be patient and understanding with them - if you were a fan of any other school, wouldn't you be here, too?

Clearly, everyone wishes that they were on ol' Rocky Top.

Last edited:
Well, they obviously prefer Tennessee fans to their own. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose - it's kind of flattering, actually.

To me, it only further proves what we all know to be true - that our beloved school and its respective sports teams has created an overwhelming and irresistable vortex unrivaled by all other and notably lesser schools. Like so many coaches and recruits, they could no more resist us our allures than the waves could miss the shore.

Who amongst you would ever go to a Washington board, if only for a visit? How about Oregon, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, etc? Hel*, who could even find one?

Oh, I am sure that they'll offer an adamant opposition to this claim, irrespective of the irony involved with doing so here, on a Tennessee message board.

And in so doing, they will only further substantiate my argument, and to a far greater degree than I could ever hope to argue, alone.

However, it should be noted that some degree of aggravation may result from those hoping that a message board entitled, "Vol Nation" would be for the exclusive discussion of all things pertaining to the University of Tennessee, and no others.

If such feelings begin to emerge, I pray you be patient and understanding with them - if you were a fan of any other school, wouldn't you be here, too?

Clearly, everyone wishes that they were on ol' Rocky Top.

Thanks for the warm welcome.:good!: I hope your fans are as welcoming when I visit your stadium next season.

If you'd like to visit the best ducks site, head over to www.ducksattack.com

I enjoy having other teams fans here like GoDucks and whsie. They bring a point of view that we might not take into consideration otherwise, and contribute (for the most part) un-homerised opinion to topics. Wheaton also brings his own brand of comic relief as well. Not so much funny HAHA, but funny Awwwwwwww.

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome.:good!: I hope your fans are as welcoming when I visit your stadium next season.

If you'd like to visit the best ducks site, head over to www.ducksattack.com

I presume you meant in 2010.

Of course you will receive a warm welcome when you visit the stadium - just be sure to tell everyone that you are a former Oregon fan who couldn't resist The Orange and converted through Vol Nation.

You'll want to be able to sing, "Rocky Top" with the rest of us, and with Oregon being the opponent, you will undoubtedly have plenty of chances to do so.

P-lenty.

However, if you want to accelerate the learning curve (which I am sure that you do, being a recent convert), here's a link to the words:
Rocky Top lyrics - The Osborne Brothers lyrics

Great to have you around here, and welcome to the Big Orange Family!

p.s. - I would visit the Oregon site you recommended to let them know of your recent conversion, but as it's their site, for their fans, who want to discuss their teams.....I'd want to be respectful and not interject myself into their conversations with my notably outside perspective(s) and unsolicited opinions.

p.s.s. - there's a lesson there, somewhere....if only I could find it.

p.s.s.s. - This is sooooo awkward! I don't know why everyone is staring at you.

p.s.s.s.s. - I hear crickets.

I enjoy having other teams fans here like GoDucks and whsie. They bring a point of view that we might not take into consideration otherwise, and contribute (for the most part) un-homerised opinion to topics. Wheaton also brings his own brand of comic relief as well. Not so much funny HAHA, but funny Awwwwwwww.

:)

Well, that's two of us!

Finally! I don't feel so alone.

Sorry to disagree with you Justin, but that wasn't the case two years ago with Terrell Pryor, or this year with Bryce Brown.

Wait. I'm dyslexic.

Might as well include Tajh Boyd in that group as well.
So we missed out on a couple of top recruits. Big deal. I'm just glad that Oregon is making it in the top 3 for the #1 recruit 2 years in a row. 10 years ago, that would have been unheard of for our program. We'll keep offering and hopefully we'll start getting some of those top recruits ala Jonathan Stewart and Haloti Ngata a few years back.

And sorry to say Tenacious, I'll still visit the volnation site, but I won't be converting. As an alum of Oregon my allegiance will always be with the ducks. Thanks for the offer though. Maybe I'll sing a round of rocky top when I visit in 2010 for you.

Might as well include Tajh Boyd in that group as well.
So we missed out on a couple of top recruits. Big deal. I'm just glad that Oregon is making it in the top 3 for the #1 recruit 2 years in a row. 10 years ago, that would have been unheard of for our program. We'll keep offering and hopefully we'll start getting some of those top recruits ala Jonathan Stewart and Haloti Ngata a few years back.

And sorry to say Tenacious, I'll still visit the volnation site, but I won't be converting. As an alum of Oregon my allegiance will always be with the ducks. Thanks for the offer though. Maybe I'll sing a round of rocky top when I visit in 2010 for you.

Of course you will continue to visit us, brother.

Of course you will.

You can't help yourself.

I covered that earlier, Exhibit A.

His older brother apprently left ND for a JUCO is what they are saying.....Yes Nick is committed to UW

VN Store

Back