811 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II Page 28. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Originally Posted by OCIVol I think Smart is our next head coach. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #406 (permalink)
Moooooon River...

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCIVol View Post
I think Smart is our next head coach.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #407 (permalink)
DBU

I want Charlie Strong over Smart any day. It's not even close. IMO I want Gruden or Strong as my bext coach. Don't want anymore first timers. Spend the money right the first time and hire a real head coach.
VN Likes: 3
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #408 (permalink)
V,B

Quote:
Our fanbase is setting itself up for failure with the Gruden talk. JMO. Just because you say something over and over and eventually convince yourself it's going to happen...does not mean it's going to happen.
Haven't believed it since it all started. It's just a snowball effect. Someone throws it out there because he has ties to UT, then everyone convinces themselves it's a legitimate chance.

I think it's a huge long shot he goes from Super Bowl coach, to MNF making $4-5M working a few hours a week acting like a celebrity, to college football at a program that is down.

Crazier things have happened, I guess.
VN Likes: 1
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #409 (permalink)
the.oci.vol@gmail.com

Sadly, anyone we hire will likely be a more successful head coach than Dooley. I commend him for taking the job when he did and correcting some of the issues.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #410 (permalink)
Moooooon River...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the breakerboy View Post
i want charlie strong over smart any day. It's not even close. Imo i want gruden or strong as my bext coach. Don't want anymore first timers. Spend the money right the first time and hire a real head coach.
This.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #411 (permalink)
Quiz'N'Vol

Quote:
I think Smart is our next head coach.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #412 (permalink)
"Flip the Switch" - CBJ

BB and I on the same page again.....weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breakerboy View Post
I want Charlie Strong over Smart any day. It's not even close. IMO I want Gruden or Strong as my bext coach. Don't want anymore first timers. Spend the money right the first time and hire a real head coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspvol76 View Post
I don't want Dooley fired because I would like this team to win out, however, to answer your question. Gruden or Strong for me.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #413 (permalink)
V,B

Quote:
This.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #414 (permalink)
"Flip the Switch" - CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxVol View Post
Haven't believed it since it all started. It's just a snowball effect. Someone throws it out there because he has ties to UT, then everyone convinces themselves it's a legitimate chance.

I think it's a huge long shot he goes from Super Bowl coach, to MNF making $4-5M working a few hours a week acting like a celebrity, to college football at a program that is down.

Crazier things have happened, I guess.
I would have agreed with you up until this morning. They will make a strong push for him, whether he accepts is a different story. I personally thought he wasn't even in the picture, but apparently that is not the case.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #415 (permalink)

Quote:
So everyone wants Dooley fired but the only head coach that will satisfy people is Gruden (or Gary Patterson)? Just want to make sure I understand.
Patterson I just my first choice at who I want. Cause I refuse to believe the Gruden rumor if it happens great if not it's whatever I just want a proven HC. I'm thankful for the job that Dooley has done here and the improvements he's made to the roster and the off the field image at UT.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #416 (permalink)
VFL

Quote:
Agreed on Strong.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #417 (permalink)
Moooooon River...

Quote:
Sadly, anyone we hire will likely be a more successful head coach than Dooley. I commend him for taking the job when he did and correcting some of the issues.
...back when I still supported him, I said whether he succeeds or is eventually fired, he'll have done more good for this University than bad.

I still stand by those words, even if the guy can't beat anyone other than Vanderbilt.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #418 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that either Strong is number two or three on my list of possible replacements. Cutcliffe is in my top five as well cause if you can win a Duke ACC or not you can coach and should be given a chance at bigger program.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #419 (permalink)
VFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblood79 View Post
...back when I still supported him, I said whether he succeeds or is eventually fired, he'll have done more good for this University than bad.

I still stand by those words, even if the guy can't beat anyone other than Vanderbilt.
I agree. I said the same before the season started.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #420 (permalink)
DBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolorange View Post
I wouldn't mind that either Strong is number two or three on my list of possible replacements. Cutcliffe is in my top five as well cause if you can win a Duke ACC or not you can coach and should be given a chance at bigger program.
Cutcliffe would have the offense and Bray producing at a very high level. The amount of offensive talent this team is wasting is crazy.
VN Likes: 2
Closed Thread