Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
facts

#1 Butch Jones didnt win with Ckelly's players at Cinci - he went 4-8 with Kelly's players - he then won his conference 2 consecutive years

#2 his record the last 2 years is better than C Strong's over the last 2 years at a worse school with far worse facilities

#3 CKelly did not recruit well in his time at Cincy - 67th in 2008 - 60th in 2009 - so cupboard was not stocked

#4 Bjones recruited better than his predecessor - 49th in 2011 - 50th in 2010

#5 when Ckelly got to a real school he showed an ability to recruit at a high level even though he did not show that at Cincy

Opinions

#1 Bjones will show an ability to recruit well when he gets to a big time school much like Ckelly's recruiting picked up dramatically

#2 Cstrong has proven nothing more than Bjones - in fact since Bjones was a HC prior and won at another school i would say Bjones has "shown" more

#3 when you can really coach you don't have to recruit at as high a level

#4 he took a team with less talent than Lville had and certainly no Teddy B and had the same record as Strong in the big east - the head to head went to overtime - i take from that he is every bit as good of a "coach" than Strong - likely better (and i do get there is more than just coaching)

#5 this is so far from a Dooley hire it isnt even funny - DD had 1 winning year out of 3 - Bjones has been first in his conference 4 of his 6 years as a HC

i also just had to throw in my favorite comment i read - "he is just like DD except he is a winner" - well if he is a winner then, my friend, he is nothing like Derek Dooley

Reactions: 4 people
facts

#1 Butch Jones didnt win with Ckelly's players at Cinci - he went 4-8 with Kelly's players - he then won his conference 2 consecutive years

#2 his record the last 2 years is better than C Strong's over the last 2 years at a worse school with far worse facilities

#3 CKelly did not recruit well in his time at Cincy - 67th in 2008 - 60th in 2009 - so cupboard was not stocked

#4 Bjones recruited better than his predecessor - 49th in 2011 - 50th in 2010

#5 when Ckelly got to a real school he showed an ability to recruit at a high level even though he did not show that at Cincy

Opinions

#1 Bjones will show an ability to recruit well when he gets to a big time school much like Ckelly's recruiting picked up dramatically

#2 Cstrong has proven nothing more than Bjones - in fact since Bjones was a HC prior and won at another school i would say Bjones has "shown" more

#3 when you can really coach you don't have to recruit at as high a level

#4 he took a team with less talent than Lville had and certainly no Teddy B and had the same record as Strong in the big east - the head to head went to overtime - i take from that he is every bit as good of a "coach" than Strong - likely better (and i do get there is more than just coaching)

#5 this is so far from a Dooley hire it isnt even funny - DD had 1 winning year out of 3 - Bjones has been first in his conference 4 of his 6 years as a HC

i also just had to throw in my favorite comment i read - "he is just like DD except he is a winner" - well if he is a winner then, my friend, he is nothing like Derek Dooley

Great, great post. The last line is poetry.

Reactions: 1 person
I used to believe that these colors don't run. However, we might as well change the team color to yellow to reflect the segment of fans quitting on the team before the press conference.

I'm gonna roll with Butch unless he proves he can't win at Tennessee. He's won everywhere else he's been, unlike Dooley. And Kiffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back