Wonder If Josh Dobbs will pack it in?

Long article today on Steelers options at QB. Not one mention of Josh as an alternative. Sorry to see that. He bailed Butch the tool out of his stupid coaching many times. Really smart guy, hope he has a great life after football.
wth? his salary to play practice QB is 1.4 mil.

Aer. Engineers make $80-$120K

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Wow...just Brister and Strom in 1990; Brister and O'Donnell in 1992; O'Donnell and Tomczak in 1993-94, with no slash that jumps out at me.

Most teams usually carry 3 quarterbacks.

Gonna be tough few years. Make them wish for Mark Malone again.
They still made it to the playoffs with Mark Malone and Bubby Brister. I credit that more to Chuck Noll running the ball as much as he did. I also believe Louis Lipps was one of the best WRs of the 1980s. People often overlook him due to being on those run heavy Steelers teams.

Dobbs just banking his NFL $ at an easy job and ride it till it ends. Then he will get a real job doing what he probably loves to do anyway. I'm really surprised he has lasted this long in the NFL without getting any real PT.

he has always said he wants to start his own aircraft company. I think he will still go that route. Still it has been quite a while since college so at this point he may well go into coaching or even consider a broadcast career. My money is on Aerospace until he says otherwise though.

he has always said he wants to start his own aircraft company. I think he will still go that route. Still it has been quite a while since college so at this point he may well go into coaching or even consider a broadcast career. My money is on Aerospace until he says otherwise though.
You thinking Sandpiper Air?

As most of you probably know, Big Ben was his biggest fan in Pitt. It was reported that he'd often watch film with the OC and then turn and say "what to you think Josh" or "hey Josh, what do you see with this formation"

Supposedly Ben though of him as a semi-assiatant coach. Now that Ben's gone, Josh may be too but my guess is he lands on a roster somewhere.

Players are vested in the retirement plan after 3 seasons and the number of retirement payment credits goes up with every season you can stay in the league. You can also contribute to the NFL annuity plan and a 401k. I'd bet Josh has a plan for the future that involves taking full advantage of all theses programs.
But, he won't get full retirement pay until age 55. If he were to opt to take the money before age 55, he'll get dinged with penalties and reduced pay.

Rumors are Trubisky is trying to land in Pittsburgh...wonder what that means for Dobbs ?
Probably on the move. I always thought Dobbs would be a good backup for some of the modern, mobile QBs so that he could come in and the team could keep running the same offense. I never understood the rationale for him backing up a statue.

Reactions: Zues1
Come on down to the Titans, Tannehill sure isn't the answer. His contract is killing the Titans at this point. He is what he is. Come on Josh!

Tannehill may not be the answer, but replacing him with a guy who has barely played in 5 seasons in the NFL doesn't seem like the answer either.

He will already receive the pension. He's been in the League 5 years and I'm pretty positive the requirement is 3 years. Obviously the more time he spends in the better the pension.
Edit: downside is he can't start drawing from it until 55
Draw at 55 heh? Well, we might see Tom Brady "double dippin" in a few years!😂😃😂

VN Store

Back