Will Tennessee Make The NCAA's?

Lady Vols entered today at RPI of 63
Win today should boost them to around 58

Power conference teams don't get left out above 43-45

Power conference teams don't get in below about 61-63

Beat LSU (or Arky) and lose to MSst and I see us finishing near 55-56

That would likely be in, but it's going to be close.

Unfortunately, us getting in is far more exciting than the team itself.

I think Tennessee will make the NCAA Tournament if they win two games in the SEC Tournament. I think Tennessee plays Georgia on Thursday and beats them.

The post game of the LadyVols game made it sound like it was really possible that Tennessee played Georgia on Thursday in the SEC Tournament

They are currently a 7 and we are an 8-9. Only chance we get to 10 is if Arky wins today and we lose on tiebreakers (not exactly sure how)

More than likely it will be LSU

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The so-called experts said Tennessee needed to win out and win 1 SEC tournament game to get in, and that was before the loss to Vandy. I think the Lady Vols need to win at least two SEC tournament games to get in.

The so-called experts said Tennessee needed to win out and win 1 SEC tournament game to get in, and that was before the loss to Vandy. I think the Lady Vols need to win at least two SEC tournament games to get in.
That Creme guy is saying UT is in it again. It does seem that he is lowering the bar so that UT gets in and thereby raising the bar for everyone else. There are quite a few teams (even from Power Conferences) ahead of Tennessee.

They won’t make it. They’re the 8 seed in the SEC tournament, meaning they have to face Mississippi State in the quarterfinals, if they even beat LSU. They have to beat State to even warrant consideration for an at-large, and that isn’t happening.

IMO today's decisive win, even if over the Sisters of the Poor and Needy, makes the LVs bubblicious again. SEC win + decent showing against Miss St + legend factor probably gets us in. Not sure how I even feel about that and yes I know I'm a terrible person and not a true fan.

One other factor will be the strength of the bubble. Who are the other teams and how deserving are they? Also, surprise winners of conference tourneys who get automatic bids hurt bubble teams.

I'm assuming the top RPI in each conference wins the conference.
I'm further assuming the top 36 RPI's get in.

I pulled this off NCAA.org, so it doesn't include today's games but
let's say South Dakota (37), Ohio (38), Villanova (43), Miami, OH (48), St. Mary's (52), Wyoming (54),
Boise St. (56), Penn (61) and Missouri St (62) get skipped over. That's 9 schools....I think it was 6 last year that got skipped over and they weren't all from non-power conferences. Clemson (53) would get the last bid and Virginia Tech (59) is also standing in the way.

I'm assuming the top RPI in each conference wins the conference.
I'm further assuming the top 36 RPI's get in.
, I pulled this off NCAA.org, so it doesn't include today's games but
let's say South Dakota (37), Ohio (38), Villanova (43), Miami, OH (48), St. Mary's (52), Wyoming (54),
Boise St. (56), Penn (61) and Missouri St (62) get skipped over. That's 9 schools....I think it was 6 last year that got skipped over and they weren't all from non-power conferences. Clemson (53) would get the last bid and Virginia Tech (59) is also standing in the way.
Wow impressive you did the research. Now we know who to cheer against. Or for. I'm so conflicted. Someone stop the madness!

Making the NCAA would be nice, however, the greatest issue is how do we stop this trend that we are in? Making the NCAA tournament is a great goal, however, we have to mold great recruiting classes into teams that play at the top ten level. No matter how many excuses you make, or who you throw under the bus, someone has to right the ship.

Making the NCAA would be nice, however, the greatest issue is how do we stop this trend that we are in? Making the NCAA tournament is a great goal, however, we have to mold great recruiting classes into teams that play at the top ten level. No matter how many excuses you make, or who you throw under the bus, someone has to right the ship.
The LadyVols situation is the same situation UCLA had from 1976-1995 after John Wooden retired

Reactions: teacherdean
Great post and to the point. We need a new coaching staff in place in the next couple of months. If admin waits another year, i will be disappointed.

Reactions: lvocd
The best question is if they will 'accept" it.

Well, if they did accept a WNIT invitation (and I hope they do) at least they could say to future recruits that “Tennessee is the ONLY program to be invited to participate in postseason play every year!” They’ll just have to conveniently forget to mention that one teeny-weeny detail about how one of those invitations was to the consolation tournament. lol

VN Store

Back