Will Tennessee Make The NCAA's?

The only way this madness "possibly stops", is for the LVs not to make the Big Dance...

It's a mercy killing if they don't........The fan base is fed up.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
As others have said, I think they are in unless they implode and lose the next 3 games. They will get their #9 seed, and at best will get blown out by either Baylor or UConn on the road. And Holly will be back next year with a team that will be worse without Cheridene's work on the glass and Meme's streaky 3-point shooting which hasn't surfaced since the first Auburn game...

Reactions: olddog
As others have said, I think they are in unless they implode and lose the next 3 games. They will get their #9 seed, and at best will get blown out by either Baylor or UConn on the road. And Holly will be back next year with a team that will be worse without Cheridene's work on the glass and Meme's streaky 3-point shooting which hasn't surfaced since the first Auburn game...
Agreed they are in. Now it's just about seeding.

Better be recruiting a pg for next year. EW's mom said in another forum that UT fans won't have long to bash her daughter anymore. Sounds like she may leave after this year.

I do hope not. She's a great player with high potential.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Better be recruiting a pg for next year. EW's mom said in another forum that UT fans won't have long to bash her daughter anymore. Sounds like she may leave after this year.

Not that I'm keen on kicking Evina to the curb, but Massengill is supposed to be the true PG on the team. If Evina does leave, hope Jazmine has a big leap during her sophomore year.

Question about transfers. Given the recent rulings on not sitting out a year after transfers, if a head coach leaves does an existing player get to transfer and play immediately at the new school? I know that players that signed but not yet played can opt out and go elsewhere.

Question about transfers. Given the recent rulings on not sitting out a year after transfers, if a head coach leaves does an existing player get to transfer and play immediately at the new school? I know that players that signed but not yet played can opt out and go elsewhere.

My guess is no. Otherwise, Promise Taylor would be suited up for MSST.

If a player has signed an NLI with the school, they’re locked in to playing there for at least a year. Or losing one year of eligibility.

Last edited:

Please !

Not that I'm keen on kicking Evina to the curb, but Massengill is supposed to be the true PG on the team. If Evina does leave, hope Jazmine has a big leap during her sophomore year.

If Holly is still the coach, no big leaps will happen. Players, no matter who, don't develop and grow in Holly's system. Candace Parker could come back and regress under Holly, ha!

Man I hope not. What forum was this?

Man I hope not. What forum was this?

From our dear, concerned friends in the Northeast. Apparently posted on FB somewhere.

"Sonya Howell you won't have to worry about my daughters poor performance and all the negative things you have to say about a 20 year old student athlete for long. Honestly what type of person, an adult, talks about a young lady that gives 200% to her team every day? You know nothing about my daughter and you have no idea what you're talking about. Any D1 school would be happy to have her. Learn some facts before your twitter fingers get the best of you. Oh and thanks again."

Most elite level players and families I've known long ago learned to disregard internet chats and enter only at their own risk.

If the biggest problem her Mom sees is us internet nitwits "bashing", then I would respectfully question her priorities. The players and their families would be fine with how their careers are going if we would just shut up? Any concerns about development and improvement as individual and as a team? Breaking every negative record in the program's history would be no biggie if we didn't bemoan them as they fell?

Do we diagnose and criticize her play in a know-nothing keyboard warrior way? Of course, It's our very reason for being. But read on! We immediately turn around and blame it all on Holly.
Hell I feel like by asking for a coaching change I'm crusading for the kids so they can salvage something from their remaining eligibility.

Hope it doesn't happen, but if anyone feels they need to transfer or decommit I wish them well.
It's more of the price paid for letting the damage to the program run so deep for so long. We may need a major reset to get off on a fresh foot including any player for whom the underachievement and frustration of the last few seasons is just too much to overcome.

Most elite level players and families I've known long ago learned to disregard internet chats and enter only at their own risk.

If the biggest problem her Mom sees is us internet nitwits "bashing", then I would respectfully question her priorities. The players and their families would be fine with how their careers are going if we would just shut up? Any concerns about development and improvement as individual and as a team? Breaking every negative record in the program's history would be no biggie if we didn't bemoan them as they fell?

Do we diagnose and criticize her play in a know-nothing keyboard warrior way? Of course, It's our very reason for being. But read on! We immediately turn around and blame it all on Holly.
Hell I feel like by asking for a coaching change I'm crusading for the kids so they can salvage something from their remaining eligibility.

Hope it doesn't happen, but if anyone feels they need to transfer or decommit I wish them well.
It's more of the price paid for letting the damage to the program run so deep for so long. We may need a major reset to get off on a fresh foot including any player for whom the underachievement and frustration of the last few seasons is just too much to overcome.
Fine line between criticizing the play and openly trashing a player. Hard to ignore something like that. It's weird also because E has been the most consistent player this year. Even when she wasn't getting points she was avg like 5 or 6 assist.

Last edited:
Well obviously openly trashing in a personal way is stupid and inexcusable. Afraid they'll find that dark side of the net wherever they go.

I agree with everything you have said and i will add my 2 cents to the mix. I call it like i see it, Holly has had her chance been there done that, Criticism as far as i`m concerned comes with the territory It is what it is.

I agree completely. Unfortunately, this a consequence of a player not realizing their true potential due to poor coaching.

Holly supporters found their new scapegoat.

Personally I think Evina is good but she needs a coach like the one Jordan Bone has been blessed with.

Holly supporters found their new scapegoat.

Personally I think Evina is good but she needs a coach like the one Jordan Bone has been blessed with.
Evina is highly gifted. The way she sees the floor is Chris Paul like. I think she would have benefited with Law.

Even if the head coach leaves or is let go? Example would be the three incoming freshmen.

School could release them from their NLI at their discretion. It's happened before. However, the opposite has also happened where the school refused the release and the player had to sit out the transfer period

You've got to play hardball here. You have to put the University first, and to do so you've got to give it the best chance of succeeding each season. Retaining those five star in four star athletes this way to do so. So you have to use that one year to influence them to try to get them to stay for another year. If you just let them walk away you have no chance at that

Remember how every year on tournament selection day how they have coverage of the teams gathered to receive their invitation. Pat always hosted them at her place and it was always a celebration for which regional they were seeded 1 or 2 in and who they were hosting in the first weekend at TBA. Remember how they also show coverage of the bubble teams celebrating and going crazy for just making it into the tournament. They seldom showed coverage of the teams in the middle of the field. I suppose ESPN will have a TV crew in Knoxville once again this year possibly from Holly's garage with the players sitting around on rented folding chairs and her Harley in the background. Oh yes, they will be the ones going crazy.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back