who's predicting a double digit win over UF

I still don't know what people mean when they say "he has turned the team over to the captains". I mean we had captains last year and I'm sure these same guys rotated into those roles at some point. DeBord will still be calling the plays with approval from Butch. Butch will still decide the game plan and make the call on tempo and critical downs.

By having year long Captains and saying "Own It", that is a clear indication that CBJ expects the Captains to lead #120, thru their personal ownership of the team and season. How detail they will be involved is yet to be seen, but with more responsibilities comes more accountability. From what I can tell, they will only be limited by their own initiative. As they step up and show they are ready for more, I expect Butch will give them more. I doubt Butch will limit their growth, similar to what he said last year, any mistakes made are on him. He is taking ownership too.

See you in Tampa.

Yeah, it is possible to take this idea of "turning the team over to the captains" too far.

Butch will continue to lead the program. His Coordinators will continue to call all the plays. The coaching staff will continue to set conditions, lead and mentor on a daily basis.

Having said that, yes, it is a good thing to have so many capable student-leaders on the team. It just makes us that much stronger, like bulking up the structure inside a building.

Go Vols!

Are just that, idiots.

That is a very good program, even after Musky tried to screw it up (he's no Dooley). They will field probably the second best defense Vols will play this yr. Yes, their offense is an issue but it's been an issue the last 3 yrs.

Bottom line is the game will be relatively low scoring. It won't be s blowout either way. I'm saying 24-16 Vols. Stop the stupid blowout talk Knoxville media. It's not gonna happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Are just that, idiots.

That is a very good program, even after Musky tried to screw it up (he's no Dooley). They will field probably the second best defense Vols will play this yr. Yes, their offense is an issue but it's been an issue the last 3 yrs.

Bottom line is the game will be relatively low scoring. It won't be s blowout either way. I'm saying 24-16 Vols. Stop the stupid blowout talk Knoxville media. It's not gonna happen.

Well that settles it. I'm betting my life savings on Florida with the points.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll predict it just on the simple fact that it's in Knoxville and of course because of talent we're wielding this year. I've got a feeling this will be a coming out party for one of our receivers.. Josh Malone? PW?

Vols 30-16

What is the vegas point spread for the game?? A florida fan at my office wants me to give him 10 points for a $100 bet.

It will come down to a breakdown in coverage one way or another that will change momentum and the game will end that way.

Neither team is aligned to blow out the other.

Reactions: 2 people
It will come down to a breakdown in coverage one way or another that will change momentum and the game will end that way.

Neither team is aligned to blow out the other.

This is an example of lowering expectations based on a streak that means nothing to this game. I am with you in that I am bewildered by the outcomes against Florida and have also said "I'll believe it when I see it."

That being said we have more depth on defense aside from secondary (we're deep there too). We have a better return game and better RB's, QB, OL, TE and WR's. We're also at home. I give them the edge at kicker.

We are favored by 12+ for a reason by Vegas because we are clearly better than them. Will we win? I don't know but typically when streaks end they end with a bullet. I believe we beat the hell out of them physically on offense, defense and special teams.

Can't predict these games. The Gators have been kryptonite for the Vols for 3 decades now.

Tabor has certainly provided enough motivation for the team however.

I doubt we win a close game against Florida.

I agree with 08Vol in this regard. If the game is close, Butch Jones will be too tight. He'll go back into that conservative shell.

Only way we win Sept 24 is in a blowout. 20+ points.

Anything less and we're playing with fire simply because I don't trust Butch Jones.

Hard to argue with this.

Everybody watching in the stadium or on TV and even his team can feel when he gets tight. I get sooo angry when that happens.

No way in hell we should have lost to Oklahoma or Florida last year!!!!

Woosah...woosah...

UT has opened as a 12.5 point favorite over the Gators. Sounds fair. Although their defense should be strong, it may very well be weaker than it was last year with the losses of Bullard, Hargreaves, and Morrison from all three levels of the defense. Based on how good our OL should be and our stars in the backfield, we may be able to run up the score on them.

VN Store

Back