who's predicting a double digit win over UF

Their fans nor their players expected to win that game and it was written all over their faces in the fourth quarter as they watched with the same bewilderment that we did.

You must have watched a different game than everyone else. The stadium was rocking when Callaway scored. No one left when we were down by 13 points.

UF was 5-1 last season in games that were decided by 7 points or less. They learned how to win the close games.

You must have watched a different game than everyone else. The stadium was rocking when Callaway scored. No one left when we were down by 13 points.

UF was 5-1 last season in games that were decided by 7 points or less. They learned how to win the close games.

I just saw it yesterday, and I saw concern on the UT fans face(in fact 1 UT woman looked like she was praying) and smiles on the florida fans...unless my eyes were lying.

True. But they still beat us and played in the SECCG after surprisingly winning the East in CJM's first season.

You guys are certainly entitled to talk smack to the Florida guys, but for the life of me I don't understand why you would. They've won 11 straight and have dominated the series since the year before Johnny Majors became our head coach. I got no problem talking smack to a rival fan....I just typically don't do it til I have a leg to stand on, and right now, neither I nor any other Vol fan does. Jmo.

Beginning to sound a lot like Vandy up in here.

Reactions: 1 person

You're describing the last 5 minutes not the overall mood of the game.

You must have watched a different game than everyone else. The stadium was rocking when Callaway scored. ,No one left when we were down by 13 points.

Not true...I saw many of our fans leaving after Hurd's TD, at least a dozen in my section.

Those who stayed didn't give up and were still plenty loud when UT had the ball.

There have been 7 games decided by 3 points or less in the last 20 years of the Tennessee vs Florida series ('98, '99, '01, '04, '06, '14, '15) and that is the most of any other SEC series. Yes, they win most of these games but when we are any good at all, these games are very competitive and usually involve a 4th quarter comeback.

Whether we lose by 1 point or 40 points, there's simply no way Florida should've won 80% of the games vs Tennessee since the mid 1970s....just no way. And at the end of the day, when you go 11-0 and 24-6 vs a team, you "own" the series with that team, which is exactly what Florida has done against us. It's time to stop all that nonsense, start winning some games vs Florida and get this series back on the rails and evened up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I can't blame you for not believing we'll win until you actually see it happen, but UF isn't winning by 10.

I think Arkansas gave teams the blueprint to shut down Dobbs. It takes really good athletes, which teams like UK, Vandy, and NU didn't have. UF will have those athletes on D. Butch will stay conservative as long as the score is close, which I think it will be. I can see us up 10-3, then 10-6, it gets late and McElwain calls for a deep pass and someone gets burnt for a long TD, 10-13. Dobbs drives us down and Medley misses a 35+ yard kick. D steps up and gets the ball back. Dobbs is moving us down the field with short passes and time running down. Dobbs stares down Kamara in the flat and a UF DB picks it off and returns it for a TD.

If Butch wants to win this game then he has to be aggressive with the passing game on 1st down. If we let them load the box we won't be able to run on them, our O-line isn't that good.

I think Arkansas gave teams the blueprint to shut down Dobbs. It takes really good athletes, which teams like UK, Vandy, and NU didn't have. UF will have those athletes on D. Butch will stay conservative as long as the score is close, which I think it will be. I can see us up 10-3, then 10-6, it gets late and McElwain calls for a deep pass and someone gets burnt for a long TD, 10-13. Dobbs drives us down and Medley misses a 35+ yard kick. D steps up and gets the ball back. Dobbs is moving us down the field with short passes and time running down. Dobbs stares down Kamara in the flat and a UF DB picks it off and returns it for a TD.

If Butch wants to win this game then he has to be aggressive with the passing game on 1st down. If we let them load the box we won't be able to run on them, our O-line isn't that good.

With about 6 to go, it's 23-17, we get a pick six from Cam to go up 30-17. We kick off and get a 4 and out, Dobbs takes a knee, a new streak is started.

See you in Tampa.

With about 6 to go, it's 23-17, we get a pick six from Cam to go up 30-17. We kick off and get a 4 and out, Dobbs takes a knee, a new streak is started.

See you in Tampa.

I really hope you're right. I was screaming at the TV last year when Cam was playing 8 yards off his receiver. I'm still convinced he broke his jaw in the OU game and just wasn't ready to play against UF last year.

Am I the only one that gets sick at the thought of a person like this being a facet of our board and claiming loyalty to UT?

It's silly the way he behaves. I don't think he claims to be loyal to the Vols. If they win he is in and if they lose, them his is out again.

He will be around for a long while.

It's silly the way he behaves. I don't think he claims to be loyal to the Vols. If they win he is in and if they lose, them his is out again.

He will be around for a long while.

I just wish freak could ban him without taking a financial hit. He just posts too dam much.

True. But they still beat us and played in the SECCG after surprisingly winning the East in CJM's first season.

You guys are certainly entitled to talk smack to the Florida guys, but for the life of me I don't understand why you would. They've won 11 straight and have dominated the series since the year before Johnny Majors became our head coach. I got no problem talking smack to a rival fan....I just typically don't do it til I have a leg to stand on, and right now, neither I nor any other Vol fan does. Jmo.

Please go and take your groveling to the Gators message boards.

I'm sure most vols fans are disgusted by your behavior with regard to this subject.

See you in Tampa.

I doubt we win a close game against Florida.

I agree with 08Vol in this regard. If the game is close, Butch Jones will be too tight. He'll go back into that conservative shell.

Only way we win Sept 24 is in a blowout. 20+ points.

Anything less and we're playing with fire simply because I don't trust Butch Jones.

Reactions: 3 people

Agreed. If Butch thinks he can win a close game against Florida, he's setting us up for disaster again. He has to play the entire game going for the jugular.

I hope he stops with the conservative play calling the second we grab a double digit lead.

I pray he's learned his lesson.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back