who's predicting a double digit win over UF

Treon Harris just received his release from Florida. Gators down another peg.

Breaking: Treon Harris transferring from Florida

Oh geez. Vols might win by triple digits now!

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
it looks like there are three homos, i mean gator fans on the board (oops). i believe that is plenty to start their own gator board.

Reactions: 1 person
UT has opened as a 12.5 point favorite over the Gators.... Based on how good our OL should be and our stars in the backfield, we may be able to run up the score on them.

Hopefully butch really runs it up late - a blowout win will look good to the voters

it looks like there are three homos, i mean gator fans on the board (oops). i believe that is plenty to start their own gator board.

They would much rather pollute our great board then dwell in the sewers where they belong. Obviously UF doesnt have anyone capable enough to create a message board on the VN level. It's actually pretty pathetic that they are even here.

I'll believe all this "we're going to trash the Gators" stuff when there is thirty seconds on the clock and we're up by 21. Until then, I'm am extremely cautious about this game and wouldn't bet a dollar on it. Seems like every time we are playing someone who is "clearly favored" and should trash us the game winds up being pretty close. Wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to us. Not to mention the fact that this "rivalry" resembles the hammer and nail rivalry the last eleven years. I know this clearly labels me a "Negavol," but all these threads about how awesome we are makes me nervous.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll believe all this "we're going to trash the Gators" stuff when there is thirty seconds on the clock and we're up by 21. Until then, I'm am extremely cautious about this game and wouldn't bet a dollar on it. Seems like every time we are playing someone who is "clearly favored" and should trash us the game winds up being pretty close. Wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to us. Not to mention the fact that this "rivalry" resembles the hammer and nail rivalry the last eleven years. I know this clearly labels me a "Negavol," but all these threads about how awesome we are makes me nervous.

Nah, that's not negavol, negavol is calling for a loss. You're just nervous Vol.
I'm no fortune teller, but we got this, start packing for Tampa.

Can the Vols just get a 1 point win over the Gators first, before predicting a double digit win?

Up by 21? With 30 seconds left? Wayyyyy too much time left to feel comfortable about it IMO.

This will be the year I will not fear the gators. This is the year I will buy into our team and know without a doubt that we are the superior team before the sun even rises on this new season. We will dominate them with a magnitude 120x greater than the frustration, anguish, and heartbreak that has soiled us in its cold and maligned embrace these past 11 years. Derek Barnett will have 12.0 sacks, Josh Dobbs will have 120 passing, 120 rushing, and 120 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara will each have 120 rushing yards and combine for another 12 touchdowns. And we will not stop when the four quarters are up, nay, we will grind them into our shiny new turf until their team dissociates their bonds and oozes back over the course of 120 years to their necrotic, pus filled swamp to tell all that the eradication that they succumbed to will forever be the pillar to which they are chained. So great will their defeat be that it will have driven out every memory of the previous decades' worth of wins and that it will be they who dread this game when next it comes.

...oh dang, Chael Sonnen hacked my account.

No. Only ignorant fans who have made the even more ridiculous arguments that UFs backups have destroyed us are scared. So are you scared?

I must admit, I'm scared to lose another game to the Gators......it may be unbearable, especially this year

I admire the way you exude confidence in Butch & the Vols with every word you speak........

Doesn't have much to do with Jones. Been watching the Vols-Gator series since 1976.....we're 6-24 in that timespan. I got very little to no confidence in Vols football to beat Gators football in general, and for good reason.....it rarely ever happens, no matter the circumstances.

Doesn't have much to do with Jones. Been watching the Vols-Gator series since 1976.....we're 6-24 in that timespan. I got very little to no confidence in Vols football to beat Gators football in general, and for good reason.....it rarely ever happens, no matter the circumstances.

There was a time Florida never beat Tennessee either.

Times change.

What happened in the past has no bearing on September 24, 2016 in Neyland stadium. What happens that day will be independent of anything that happened before.

Times change.

What happened in the past has no bearing on September 24, 2016 in Neyland stadium. What happens that day will be independent of anything that happened before.

I agree. It only matters to us fans. The players of note have only started 1-2 years against Florida. Played better each time. They're ready to get over the hump.

Times change.

There was indeed a time.....from 1916 to 1953 Tennessee won the first 10 games we played. Since then, we've played 35 games vs Florida and lost 26 of them.....we're 9-26 vs Florida since 1954. Even if you take out the last 11 game losing streak, we're 9-15 the last 24. Thought I'd give you a little Tennessee history lesson since you're not a Vol fan and wouldn't be expected to know.

And if you think there's not added stress and pressure for Tennessee to win this year's game because of, in large part, all that awful history of losing to Florida, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: 3 people
There was indeed a time.....from 1916 to 1953 Tennessee won the first 10 games we played. Since then, we've played 35 games vs Florida and lost 26 of them.....we're 9-26 vs Florida since 1954. Even if you take out the last 11 game losing streak, we're 9-15 the last 24. Thought I'd give you a little Tennessee history lesson since you're not a Vol fan and wouldn't be expected to know.

And if you think there's not added stress and pressure for Tennessee to win this year's game because of, in large part, all that awful history of losing to Florida, you have no idea what you're talking about.

That's because we have championship aspirations. The losing streak isn't the pressure in and of itself. Its the fact we're supposed to be the better team that we have tons of pressure to win. And that's rarely been the case the last 11 years.

Kentucky has lost 30 straight years to Florida and they have no pressure to win next year because no one expects them to because they are not a very good team.

Plus even if we manage to beat Florida the same pressure will come to win the following week against Georgia. And then the next week versus A&M. And so on.

If we do our job next year, we'll be playing for higher and higher stakes each week.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back