who's predicting a double digit win over UF

Am I the only one that gets sick at the thought of a person like this being a facet of our board and claiming loyalty to UT?

Never claimed to be loyal. In fact, I've been pretty open about this fact.

I like Tennessee when they put a product on the field worth watching. And imo only winning programs are worth watching.

I like Tennessee when they put a product on the field worth watching. And imo only winning programs are worth watching.

Heh, you know D4H, your perspective should be anathema to me. Loyalty and devotion to others are huge, have been throughout my army career and my life. So I should really, really dislike you deep in my bones.

But I don't. I think you're a good kid, bright and honest, though confused in your values. Values like loyalty and selflessness. Sometimes I read your posts and think it's just a matter of maturing, that you'll grow into it one day. Other times, I get the impression you've done all the growing you'll ever do and you're stuck this way for life.

I hope it's the former. Because whether you ever mature into it or not, one day you will come to the shocking realization that life really is about things that are bigger than yourself. You are defined by what you stand for, and if you don't stand for anything bigger than one person (yourself), you'll never be bigger than one person.

In the meantime, I still appreciate your presence despite the fact that we should be polar opposites. Isn't that weird? :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Please go and take your groveling to the Gators message boards.

I'm sure most vols fans are disgusted by your behavior with regard to this subject.

Must be a generational thing. I actually think that if you're gonna talk ish you better back it up.....that if you're gonna talk ish, have something you can point to that makes it valid. Otherwise you're a chicken ish blowhard that nobody should take seriously.

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt we win a close game against Florida.

I agree with 08Vol in this regard. If the game is close, Butch Jones will be too tight. He'll go back into that conservative shell.

Only way we win Sept 24 is in a blowout. 20+ points.

Anything less and we're playing with fire simply because I don't trust Butch Jones.

How can you say you don't trust Butch? He has turned the team over to the 4 Captains, best decision he has ever made, let them decide.

So yes I trust his judgement to stop letting his judgement hinder the team. He is so emotional during the game it's a hinder. He seems to really dislike officials, he gets so mad at them.

D4H you gotta slow your roll if you want to be a Tn fan. Do me a favor, and stop being negative, your better than that. Let the trolls do the trolling, We are family, stop bugging your brother.

Claim something other than being a fair weather fan, that's embarrassing.

Se you in Tampa.

Do you have other teams that you go for? For example, if I would've visited an Auburn board 5 years ago would there have been a poster with the handle "Newton 4 Heisman"?

Yes you are pretty open about the fact that you aren't actually a fan. You are the typical person that I truly dislike when it comes to sports. Someone who doesn't really have an allegiance and just wants to be apart of the local flavor of the day.

It's like in 2004 when my Red Sox broke the curse and then all of a sudden a bunch of fans came out of the woodwork claiming to have always loved and followed them but can't tell me the first thing about the Red Sox farm system or any of their HOF players from decades prior.

tl;dr No one wants you claiming to have any sort of association with Tennessee since you'll inevitably go running for the fences once we have a few mediocre years again in the distant future.

Must be a generational thing. I actually think that if you're gonna talk ish you better back it up.....that if you're gonna talk ish, have something you can point to that makes it valid. Otherwise you're a chicken ish blowhard that nobody should take seriously.

If I may. Do me a favor, just don't post anything nice about our opponents. There are enough trolls on this board to defend them. Tell the truth, just not the whole truth.
Example: Bama, I don't know how many real NC they have, but now they gotta deal with Vols again, and we are about to put the NC on lockdown.

It's an insult to Bama to claim Florida as our biggest rival. Truth be told it's so much worse to lose to Vandy or Memphis, thanks to Spurier and Bear Bryant, Bama and Florida are better than those two, and we have Neyland to thank for that. Florida can't even win a state championship.

See you in Tampa.

Yes you are pretty open about the fact that you aren't actually a fan. You are the typical person that I truly dislike when it comes to sports. Someone who doesn't really have an allegiance and just wants to be apart of the local flavor of the day.

It's like in 2004 when my Red Sox broke the curse and then all of a sudden a bunch of fans came out of the woodwork claiming to have always loved and followed them but can't tell me the first thing about the Red Sox farm system or any of their HOF players from decades prior.

tl;dr No one wants you claiming to have any sort of association with Tennessee since you'll inevitably go running for the fences once we have a few mediocre years again in the distant future.

Get ready for the flood gates to open, our "fan base" is going to increase due to us being better. We need to accept the "I only watch winners" crowd. They have no choice but to watch, and support. We are about to win it all, and the wagon will be over flowing with fans.

I don't have a clear understanding how it happens or how it works, but there are lots of them out there, and they are about to start buying lots and lots of things that are Orange.

See you in Tampa.

Double digit over Florida:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:Hell I watched last year's game yesterday, and with a 27-14 lead with under 5 minutes remaining , not only could we not maintain the double digit lead, we could not even pull out the victory. You could see it in the Florida fans and players, despite the UT lead, they just knew they were going to win....It's mental now.:cray: I'll be happy if we can just win...even by a point.

Ditto. Best post yet.

"Greg McElroy says he's leaning towards Florida in the East because he doesn't think Tennessee has the mentality to win big games."

"Booger McFarland just picked Tennessee in the East."

-Houston Kress

"Greg McElroy says he's leaning towards Florida in the East because he doesn't think Tennessee has the mentality to win big games."

"Booger McFarland just picked Tennessee in the East."

-Houston Kress

i'm with McElroy. i wish there were more like him.:blink:

How can you say you don't trust Butch? He has turned the team over to the 4 Captains, best decision he has ever made, let them decide.

So yes I trust his judgement to stop letting his judgement hinder the team. He is so emotional during the game it's a hinder. He seems to really dislike officials, he gets so mad at them.

D4H you gotta slow your roll if you want to be a Tn fan. Do me a favor, and stop being negative, your better than that. Let the trolls do the trolling, We are family, stop bugging your brother.

Claim something other than being a fair weather fan, that's embarrassing.

Se you in Tampa.

I still don't know what people mean when they say "he has turned the team over to the captains". I mean we had captains last year and I'm sure these same guys rotated into those roles at some point. DeBord will still be calling the plays with approval from Butch. Butch will still decide the game plan and make the call on tempo and critical downs.

Do you have other teams that you go for? For example, if I would've visited an Auburn board 5 years ago would there have been a poster with the handle "Newton 4 Heisman"?

No. I did enjoy watching Cam and rooted for him to win the heisman that year.

But nah. Never an auburn fan.

This.

Reactions: 1 person
Vols will win by double digits. They're just better everywhere than Florida. Offense isn't even close, Vols have the advantage on defense, especially with the addition of Shoop, and Vols will dominate the running game. I don't think the game will be close. Jancek isn't there to call a QB spy on 4th and 14 this year.

Vols will win by double digits. They're just better everywhere than Florida. Offense isn't even close, Vols have the advantage on defense, especially with the addition of Shoop, and Vols will dominate the running game. I don't think the game will be close. Jancek isn't there to call a QB spy on 4th and 14 this year.

Yep! I can't think of one spot.....with the exception of maybe db's... where Florida is better than Tennessee. The Vols will win this game convincingly because they are a better team, and playing at home.

Dobbs can't throw the ball. Your WRs are trash.

Last year you had to resort to trick plays to stay in the game. That's not going to work again.

Correction, they resorted to trick plays to take control of the game.

Then Jones gave it back.

I'm sorry that there are Gator fans like Homer out there. I quite enjoy your level headed and fair responses to some of our local VN idiots.

And yeah, Jones decision making in that game was very poor. Too many dumb timeouts that allowed a Florida team that was punting or kicking a FG rethink their decisions.

VN Store

Back