White Targeting "Offensive Minded" Coach

For those of you who are clamoring for a coach with experience, donā€™t act ugly when itā€™s Napier, Chadwell or Healy. They all have HC experience and theyā€™re all a significant upgrade over Pruitt.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Wait... so we hire an AD that is on a career long hot streak for choosing winners and we've already wiped that from our memory banks based on some speculation?

If White hires a coordinator with no HC experience I hope there are all of two fans in the stands for the first home game in September. Because the administration will deserve it, and that's the only way we will ever break out of this nonsense.

I was encouraged yesterday to see that for a change we seemed to have hired a real AD with a proven track record. And then I read this foolishness that said AD might want to hire a coordinator.

There's only so much incompetence one fan base can take. I second what another poster in this thread suggested: if Elliott, or any coordinator, gets hired, there needs to be a clear message from fans: we're done until you idiots decide to get it right.

this is exactly right. Let this guy go to a place like Mississippi state or Vandy first to prove he can do it before bringing him here to Knoxville.
. I wouldā€™ve hired Mike Bobo over Pruitt I mean it couldnā€™t have gone any worse and at least Bobo had previous HC experience at CSU for three seasons.

And going WAY out on a limb. This AtlantaVol you speak of either has brass ones or he definitely knows something.

AtlantaVol is for sure connected but like all connected folks, they are sometimes misled. Unfortunately, when the connected folks are wrong they are crucified by many here and are reluctant to share information in the future.

If White hires a coordinator with no HC experience I hope there are all of two fans in the stands for the first home game in September. Because the administration will deserve it, and that's the only way we will ever break out of this nonsense.

I was encouraged yesterday to see that for a change we seemed to have hired a real AD with a proven track record. And then I read this foolishness that said AD might want to hire a coordinator.

There's only so much incompetence one fan base can take. I second what another poster in this thread suggested: if Elliott, or any coordinator, gets hired, there needs to be a clear message from fans: we're done until you idiots decide to get it right.

Iā€™ll be there as long as youā€™re not one of the two fans.

At this point coaching experience doesnā€™t mean **** if u still canā€™t win or bring us back to the national championship šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

If he hires this Elliot bum then we revolt like we did with Schiano and we get another AD. This is the last chance for UT football we got to get this coaching hire right this time.
While our frustrations are at a high level, it is not in our best interest to bad mouth coaches we don't want in hopes of having a miracle hire. Dabo Sweeney would not have a "bum" on his side I don't believe. While I am 100% behind having someone with HC experience, preferably from the SEC, I would not say Elliott or any assistant coach is below standards. They are just not what we need right now. Give each man his due.

If we go after Tony Elliot, we might as well give up on football. This would be the dumbest decision outside of choosing Pruitt. Actually, it'd be even dumber since we literally just fired a guy who came in here with no experience. I'm excited about Danny White, but if he trots out a coordinator, I'll lose all respect.

Why do we act like coaches don't start as coordinators?

I'm not advocating for one but the delusion on this board is strong

White himself couldā€™ve floated Elliotā€™s name to gauge the reaction of the fan base. Heā€™s a smart guy, he knows the fans need to be on board

Why do we act like coaches don't start as coordinators?

I'm not advocating for one but the delusion on this board is strong
That's not the issue and it's not a delusion. You're right, they do start out as coordinators, but not at Power-5 programs that just fired a coach with no experience and dealing with a NCAA investigation and probable sanctions that could create even more instability. It's not delusion to say we need someone with experience to steer the ship.

Iā€™m staying on the side of ā€œthis is not a guy that White wants because itā€™s a bad decisionā€. But obviously if heā€™s hired I hope Iā€™m wrong on all accounts. I just see too many parallels between he and Pruitt. Give me a Kendal Briles over Elliott who has at least had to coach lesser talent and still made a name for himself.
Agreed 100%

Whoever is hired the last thing we need is another "revolt" and message board barrage. I've been one of the biggest negavols regarding Beldar but I had first hand exposure to him. Even so I only started using the avatar after his pitiful start and removed it for a while last year. Regardless, I'm not going to be negative about any hire we make right out of the gate.

I hope some aren't being unrealistic about their expectations. We likely have limitations on who we can hire with violations hanging over our head. Some coaches won't want to deal with the situation and that's ok. I'll support whoever the AD hires and won't be disappointed if it's not the proverbial "Home Run" because we might not be in a position to secure that hire at this time. If we don't end up with a long term home run guy now I'd be happy to get a guy that can respectably navigating us through the penalty phase and hope he becomes the home run type other schools would love to have.

AD White is rumored to have really liked Paul Johnson from GaTech. He has SEC wins over Uga, Vandy and Auburn with a less talented roster (vs uga and au), and led Navy over Notre Dame. He is an offensive guru that has put guys in the NFL. He won the ACC Championship, multiple I-AA national championships, and has been a national coach of the year.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back