Where is this football program, in your mind?

Your opinion. Others (such as myself) would say that the man that broke the program is now given the keys to try and fix it. He had more than enough chances when he was here to do that.

Prepare for more mediocrity.

The calming opinion is subjective but it’s fact that Hamilton hurt Fulmer with limited funds. I don’t think Fulmer would limit Pruitt’s money for assistants but can we attract the talent to this cesspool?

About mediocrity, I agree. That Vandy game made me lose all hope with Pruitt.

Dooley, Jones, Pruitt. All felt/feel the same.

Nothing really matters until the end of next season and the UF game. It’ll be important to see how we start conference play and how we finish the season.

Until then I’m willing to give CJP the benefit of the doubt. What do I know anyway. I’m just some jack wad on a forum typing while I poop.

Dooley, Jones, Pruitt. All felt/feel the same.

Nothing really matters until the end of next season and the UF game. It’ll be important to see how we start conference play and how we finish the season.

Until then I’m willing to give CJP the benefit of the doubt. What do I know anyway. I’m just some jack wad on a forum typing while I poop.
Poop runs downhill. Learned a long time ago, in an hierarchy, your relationship with your superior can be no more functional than their relationship with their boss. Everybody's got a boss and Fulmer isn't the 'big boss'.

UT's donor scenario has been worse than subversive for the football program.

"Dumpster fire" is another misused term, unless your meaning is something like "a lot of smoke and fury signifying nothing."

A fire in a dumpster is contained within a relatively small metal container, burning stuff that's been thrown away, and usually easily extinguished by fire firefighters. Unless it's parked directly next to a wooden structure, it has little chance of spreading. Depending on what's in it, it may produce a lot of smoke but causes little real damage.

Now, a train wreck is a different story.

Dont think this football program s spreading too much damage either. Much like a dumpster fire it seems to be contained unto itself. Also like a dumpster fire just when you think the fire is out the smoldering embers turn itno another flaming bag of ****.

So IMO dumpster fire is a perfectly fine analogy.

Mentally weak. The football Vols cannot enforce their will at all. I like the way CJP puts it...."everyone wants to win, but as the game goes on, the other team changes your mind"

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
We are relatively where we were in 1977 when Majors took over. Slow and steady improvements to the point of winning seasons, then bowl games each season ( in 1977 a winning record didn't guarantee a bowl game) then the Sugar Bowl happened and we got national attention. Then some SEC Championships, the signed high school All Americans.
We need to demand improvements but we need to be patient at the same time
When Hal Momma took over Kentucky, in the late 1980's they were bad and they gradually improved to a top 15 team that they are now

Hmmm. We are dead last in the Eastern Division behind Vandy and Mizzou. We did do one win better than last year. We have shed a MAC coach for an SEC coach. We got two solid wins over Auburn and Kentucky. But, I would say we are three years away. Hopefully Saban will retire by then. With fairly young coaches winning at most other SEC schools, I predict it is going to take a lot of good luck to dig ourselves out of this hole.

Once Saban retires, it is very likely that Clemson's coach will take over for Bama.
Last year, we won zero SEC games at 4 - 8. This year, we improved to 5 - 7, with 2 SEC wins over top #25 teams.
Next year, we improve a little more and go 6 - 6 and make a bowl game.

It’s weird, we definitely made progress from last year in wins, SEC record, wins vs ranked teams, but it doesn’t feel like we are on upswing.

Just meh.....

Reactions: MaTaLa
Once Saban retires, it is very likely that Clemson's coach will take over for Bama.
Last year, we won zero SEC games at 4 - 8. This year, we improved to 5 - 7, with 2 SEC wins over top #25 teams.
Next year, we improve a little more and go 6 - 6 and make a bowl game.

Actually it’s highly unlikely Dabo leaves Clemson for Bama.

Bama offers him zero incentives that Clemson can’t give him. Dabo isn’t following and living in someone’s shadow. He’s his own man and has built a program on his own

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol and Zues1
Got to be one of the worst around haven't had a winning season since 2016 when we went 9 & 4 for 2nd year in a row. Haven't checked but that's probably longest streak ever in SEC.
Yeah, we went 9-4 two years in a row, but we've had only 4 winning seasons in the last 11, with the other 2 winning seasons being 7-6 campaigns.

Definition of submission is when you're hoping your overlords (Saban) are gone.
I guess we've accepted our place in the pecking order.

Think I just threw up in the back of my throat a bit

Actually it’s highly unlikely Dabo leaves Clemson for Bama.

Bama offers him zero incentives that Clemson can’t give him. Dabo isn’t following and living in someone’s shadow. He’s his own man and has built a program on his own

FYP

It took Bama and UGA a year to compete for a National Championship. Now, I fully admit that our situation is drastically different and more difficult. But telling ourselves that there are no “quick fixes” ignores that this “rebuild” is a decade old. And we can’t even do the basics, like hire a staff member without a controversy.
I wish someone would have told Mullen at Florida there were no quick fixes damnit!! From 4-7 last year to ending his first year there in the top 10. Someone really needs to go explain to him that it’s supposed to take at least 5 to 6 years just to get back to respectable.

I think this off season is the biggest off season in our history. I believe if we have a losing season this next year then we will be on the bottom half for many years to come. I think Pruitt is smart enough and determined to make sure that doesn't happen.

The team Vandy marks on its schedule each year as an automatic win to make them bowl eligible.

Still one of the best places in the nation to work for. Look at Davenport, Currie, Butch, Dooley, etc, etc.

We pay people millions to go away.

VN Store

Back