Where is this football program, in your mind?

If you need to ask the question, you already have the answer

The answer is UGLY

We are the Vandy of the 80s and 90s with a huge stadium. Every now and then we sneak up and beat a good team that happens to be struggling. Sad. 11 years of misery and unfortunately we are probably looking at a few more.

If Pruitt doesn’t get the job done, it’s probably another 5 to 6 year set back. Somebody or a group of people are responsible for this and I hope they’re happy. Somehow grossly incompetent people were allowed to make make huge decisions that had no business making.

So we can’t pass them until we beat them? They are the bottom. 2-10 without a conference win.
And they have beat us the last two times we have played them.
Last season they only lost to vandy 45-31
Only lost to lsu by one score

Saying he are better than them is just to make someone feel better. But if that works, roll.with it.

"Dumpster fire" is another misused term, unless your meaning is something like "a lot of smoke and fury signifying nothing."

A fire in a dumpster is contained within a relatively small metal container, burning stuff that's been thrown away, and usually easily extinguished by fire firefighters. Unless it's parked directly next to a wooden structure, it has little chance of spreading. Depending on what's in it, it may produce a lot of smoke but causes little real damage.

Now, a train wreck is a different story.

Last edited:
We're in the second year of a process that's going to take a bare minimum of four years to return us to a perennial top 15 team.

Also, the level we recruited at last year and so far this year is not likely to lead to an SEC championship.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Somebody or a group of people are responsible for this and I hope they’re happy. Somehow grossly incompetent people were allowed to make make huge decisions that had no business making.

That may be true, but some of the earliest mistakes that led to where we are were made by grossly incompetent people who were prompted and swayed by a very loud and idiotic minority of the fanbase. I DON'T hope THEY are happy. They're reaping what they sowed. Unfortunately, so are the rest of us.

Over the hump.

We could have easily regressed further with the Jones players and new Offense and Defensive schemes but instead we showed great promise in knocking off Auburn and Kentucky, playing SCAR and Georgia tough and looking awful in FL, WV, Mizzou and Vandy games.

Injuries still hurt but not nearly as bad as the past few seasons.

Next year will be most favorable schedule we see in years; we will be in year 2 of S&C rebound and have 2 classes of CJPs recruits. We also bring back pretty much every starter on offense unless they get recruited over. Secondary will be a strength next season but LBs and DL will have huge turnover.

8+ wins next season.

Finding some way to develop players and someone to get the OL and offense going is where we are. It may or may not happen in year two. But in the meantime Tennessee basketball just beat number one Gonzaga as Admiral Schofield goes off for five straight threes.

Reactions: Vol Main
I've followed UT since the early 70's. I've seen it rise, fall, rise, and fall again. I've cursed, alot. But, I've endured. Along the way, I've tracked the progress of other programs, as well. In my mind, the program is at the same level as a 1980's Ole Miss or Kentucky, or at the same level it was when Johnny Majors took over, as HC. We haven't fallen to the 80's Vandy level, yet. It took quite a while to get bowl eligible, and even longer to get to a consistently respectable level. Probably 6-7 years, if memory serves me, to being consistently respectable.
We have some talent. But, it wasn't developed, and it is not "The right talent". Depth in the trenches, not there. No game-breakers, at wideout. QB is not a good position on this team, either.

Thoughts?
A poorly flipped cigarette froma dumpster fire.

Worst I've ever seen, last yr and this one. The humiliation by Vandy was unacceptable. I can remember decades where even the revelation of harboring such the thought of such a thing would have one questioned regarding their ability to care for themselves.

Reactions: Vol Main
Got to be one of the worst around haven't had a winning season since 2016 when we went 9 & 4 for 2nd year in a row. Haven't checked but that's probably longest streak ever in SEC.

VN Store

Back