Westbrook Comits to UCONN

Please do your homework on Geno outcoaching, outrecruting,,,, Pat canceled the series for a reason. Connecticut was not invited to join the ACC for a reason and Geno is one of the reasons. Yes, he is a good coach, with questionable integrity and character.
Football is the only reason UConn did not get an ACC invite.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I would amend that I wish her the best but as a Tennessee Fan first and foremost, I hope she has the worst night of her college career each and every time she plays against us. Nothing personal, just saying. I do hope Geno is able to correct her decision making and she has a long great career just not against us though

Westbrook chooses UCONN so we could play against her next year if she can be granted eligibility. I wish her all the best.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I hope she goes scoreless, commits double-digit turnovers, and fouls out when we play them.

There is a lot to take in on this subject. If this has been a done deal for a good while,as has been mentioned,was there tampering involved? Maybe ONS can shed some light on this for us with his insight. The posters who say that this is a literal slap in the face to the Lady Vols are correct,and,in my opinion,this was purposeful. Once again,maybe someone can tell us where this all came from. Fan discourse can be detrimental,but shouldn't have this big an effect on individual players. For two years Westbrook has exhibited,in my opinion, an example of the "me" attitude that infects a lot of the sports world today. She would rather "take her ball and go home" than do what she stated to bring Tennessee's Lady Vols back to the top of women's basketball.
Despite what ucon trollers on here would have us believe,we all know that geeno is not a class act. There are many who know what went on to cause Pat Summitt to cancel the series with ucon and do not air what those circumstances were. I am not privy to those facts,but Summitt doing so when she was trying to elevate women's basketball,is enough for me to know that Thera was a skunk in the woodpile.
Now,for those of you wishing EW the best,why don't you save the "best" wishes for Lady Vols? Maybe she should be wished well,as I do,but never "the best". Maybe she will set the basketball world afire and maybe she won't,and either is okay. However,in order to do so,her attitude must undergo a change from "me" to "team".
Final thought for those saying EW wanted a coach who would teach her and make her better,Holly's resume was there and she still signed on with her. That leads me to believe EW wanted to run the ship.
All this is done,so Go Lady Vols!

Both times.

EW was “mailing it in” in the last half of the season, some of her turnovers were, I really don’t care and can’t wait to leave, turnovers. She’ll play better at our very hated rival Uconn, not just because of coaching, but because her attitude will be so much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan

While I agree with much/most of whar Benionsopinion stated, just wanted to point out that he/she accidentally inserted his longer remarks within my quoted post. The first and last sentences are mine; the rest is Benion.

Credit where it's due.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
While I agree with much/most of whar Benionsopinion stated, just wanted to point out that he/she accidentally inserted his longer remarks within my quoted post. The first and last sentences are mine; the rest is Benion.

Credit where it's due.

Thanks,CD,from a novice poster! Sometimes my fingers go faster than my brain!

Reactions: creekdipper
Reviewed my post. No I was not one of the many.

That might have been me. I wrote early on that I didn't think Auriemma would take Evina, not necessarily because of what she said at the end of the year but more because of some of her mom's actions the last two years.

One of the great things about board's like VN and Boneyard is that you can get a lot of different perspectives on the same issue, and over time, my thoughts regarding Evina's mom has changed. So while I'm still a bit surprised that UConn is welcoming her, it's not as strong a surprise as it would have been a few weeks ago.

A bit off track here but I have been very impressed with Harper thus far - her staff hires, how she's interviewed, how she's comported herself - all seem spot on. I think your program is going to resume its place among WCBB's elite quite soon, maybe even as early as this next season. I'm looking forward to see how things unfold.

What a load of Rudy poo candy a** monkey crap. Leave UT and go to UCONN? Good riddance to uncompetitive players like that. We don't need em and won't win with em.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
That and ACADEMICS ... UConn was put on probation for its habitual low gpas at the time for its sports teams.
Good lord, academics was certainly not the reason, are you kidding? With all the shenanigans that have gone down at other power 5 schools?

It wasn't about football either. It's well known that UConn was barred ACC entry by Boston College because BC wanted to be "the New England team" in the ACC, and also over an old vendetta stemming from BC's defection from the Big East.

Boston College AD: No UConn In ACC; It's A Matter Of "Turf"

Please do your homework on Geno outcoaching, outrecruting,,,, Pat canceled the series for a reason. Connecticut was not invited to join the ACC for a reason and Geno is one of the reasons. Yes, he is a good coach, with questionable integrity and character.

Hahahahaha women’s basketball is an after thought in realignment. As long as the possibility exists (regardless how small that percent is) that Notre Dame and Texas could be in the ACC, the ACC isn’t inviting anyone to be #15 or #16.

Some of you all get your realignment news from the Onion.

Hahahahaha women’s basketball is an after thought in realignment. As long as the possibility exists (regardless how small that percent is) that Notre Dame and Texas could be in the ACC, the ACC isn’t inviting anyone to be #15 or #16.

Some of you all get your realignment news from the Onion.
People are absolutely bonkers if they think WCBB had anything to do with the realignment. Calling it an "afterthought" is probably generous.

Can't be. I thought she sucked? If she sucks, why would Geno take her?

Our idiotic fans that have been thrashing her have egg on their faces yet again.
Well he has Megan Walker and she’s been less than impressive thus far. I’m not an Evina hater, I see her potential...I’m just over her and anyone else who doesn’t want to be at Tennessee.

Well he has Megan Walker and she’s been less than impressive thus far. I’m not an Evina hater, I see her potential...I’m just over her and anyone else who doesn’t want to be at Tennessee.
Megan had a solid sophomore season.

Time to move on from Evina...I just unfollowed her on Twitter and time for the rest of us to do so, too.

Looking forward to seeing what the real LVFL’s will do next year with Kellie and her staff.

I was behind EW from the git go but she has joined the most hated coach of many LVs. I do not see how she can be eligible off the bat but since he gets his way about everything he has promised her that she will I would bet. She don't need me and I sure don't need her. JMHO as always!

Yep..

I was one that thought that Auriemma would have nothing to do with EW. I was wrong and all I can say is that maybe the helicopter mom stuff was overstated. In any case I'll wait to see how she does. One thing I know is that she will be a better player if she buys into what the UConn staff is selling. Maybe she'll even learn how not to make so many turnovers. :D

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back