Westbrook Comits to UCONN

Evina wants to work hard and improve as a player. She also wants to play in final fours. She chose the school that she thought would give her the best opportunity to achieve those goals. Good luck Evina.

This news would make Pat sick.
Not the news of the transfer as much as any Lady Vol fan wishing luck to anyone associated with Geno or his program.
This, more than anything else, shows how our program has fallen.
Those of you with any respect or admiration for Geno and his program do not know the damage that Geno purposely inflicted upon our program and our coaching staff including our beloved Pat.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to love Pat and her memory without having total disdain for Geno.
He wanted to ruin her and our program.
Of course, the cruelty of Alzheimer’s did his dirty work for him.

Geno “ruined” UT by outcoaching, outrecruiting, and outplaying UT. And the tragedy of Pat’s illness had nothing to do with Geno. (You’re giving him way too much credit.) I hope your new coach can get the Lady Vols going again. BTW, the game next season will be Crystal Dangerfield’s honecoming. (She’s from Murfreesboro.)

Well, I personally think there is a lot of poison in this decision. I also think this will be Geno’s last couple of years, before he retires. I wish her the best, if that’s truly what she desired to do, but if not, just remember, karma always comes back around.

If her intentions with her choice are to take digs at the UT fanbase or Coach Harper...

Grow up and go discreetly.

I would bet the farm that her decisions to leave and where she was going had absolutely nothing to do with Coach Harper. She’d likely already made up her mind to leave way back when her mother hinted on social media that she wasn’t going to be here much longer. She likely even personally liked Kellie — but the Orange Ship had already sailed before she’d even met her.

As for expecting her to “grow up and go discreetly,” I think it’s quite fair that she’s making a public spectacle of her dissatisfaction withthe UT fanship, as the UT fanship certainly never showed any discretion in their dissatisfaction with her. After nearly every loss there were very public negative critiques of her game, and many times (and especially at the end) therewere personal insults.

I honestly don’t think she needs to worry about our feelings. Many fans sure didn’t worry about hers.

I also believe that Pat had found the grace to move on and had forgiven the whole lot up north. While I am still obviously not quite ready to completely let all that stuff go, I admit that I am trying to work on it. For me, there’s a lot of power in forgiveness. But then, the bigger problem for me (and many other fans like me) is the “forget” part. lol

GO LADY VOLS!!! Can’t wait to see our team this year!

Geno “ruined” UT by outcoaching, outrecruiting, and outplaying UT. And the tragedy of Pat’s illness had nothing to do with Geno. (You’re giving him way too much credit.) I hope your new coach can get the Lady Vols going again. BTW, the game next season will be Crystal Dangerfield’s honecoming. (She’s from Murfreesboro.)

You have no idea what happened between Geno and Pat before her diagnosis. You don’t know what lengths he stooped to hurt the LV program. Many here know but if they told you I’m sure you would never believe it anyway.
Civil, classy people would never discuss what happened on a message board.

But just think of this, if it wasn’t really really bad, would WCBB greateast ambassador Pat Summitt cancel the sports best rivalry? Over just a normal recruiting squabble or situation? No way.

Geno is a great coach and a horrible person.
That’s just how it is.
But Pat is not here any longer to defend herself (and she wouldn’t and didn’t anyway).
As always, she put the sport of WCBB ahead of her own personal and professional interests.
Her close friends and family, for many good reasons, decided not to take the gloves off in this situation and not bring out the truth.
So neither will I.
It is in no way my place to do so.
So, publically, Geno got by with it.
I’m sure he sleeps well at night.
Now go back into your comfortable shell dreaming that somehow Geno is a good person.
He isn’t.

I was behind EW from the git go but she has joined the most hated coach of many LVs. I do not see how she can be eligible off the bat but since he gets his way about everything he has promised her that she will I would bet. She don't need me and I sure don't need her. JMHO as always!

Evina wants to work hard and improve as a player. She also wants to play in final fours. She chose the school that she thought would give her the best opportunity to achieve those goals. Good luck Evina.
You are so right...I hate that she chose Uconn, but it is what it is [her choice]...LVs have to get tougher & better, starting this coming season..."Winter is definitely coming"...🌬🌨❄🧡🏀

Reactions: mcannon1
Well, F***. The one school I was hoping she wouldn't end up. That basically addresses UConn's dilemma of who will be the 5th starter, assuming her waiver is approved. She will start at the wing and then as backup PG if Dangerfield needs to come off the court.

They will have one of the (if not THE) best starting fives in the country. Having said that, I agree with the other poster who said that their bigger concern is post depth. If Yoko doesn't make a huge improvement, or has to come off the court for any reason, they have no legit size to replace her with. The other transfer they got doesn't have the size to play against some big, burly 6'4+ players. They will be a favorite to reach the FF, but not the odds on favorite to win it all. If her goal was to win the NC, she would have a better chance at Oregon. Maybe UConn was a hedge in case her waiver is not approved. She'd still be part of a very good team instead of a gutted roster once Ionescu, Hebard and Boley move on.

I liked Tennessee's chances in the matchup before Evina's transfer. Yoko and Walker are not that impressive a frontcourt, and Tennessee could match them in the backcourt. This swings things in the opposite direction. I don't think Tennessee has the firepower to beat them, so I'll have to take solace in the fact that UConn will likely fall short of the NC again and Crystal will be their first recruit in God-knows-how-long that will graduate without a NC.

I do think Evina will finish her career as an excellent player and will likely be an AA her senior year. Good luck to her. 👌

Reactions: olddog
Be interesting to see how she responds to Geno's coaching. He is a hard guy to play for and Evina was treated with kid gloves by Holly. I bet Geno was real nice to her in recruiting. That's all going change at the first practice when she turns the ball over the first 4 times she touches it. I bet they play her at the 2 spot where she should have been from the start. Not sure if Holly wanted her to play there or Evina did and Holly just let her. Geno wont be doing any of that.

Be interesting to see how she responds to Geno's coaching. He is a hard guy to play for and Evina was treated with kid gloves by Holly. I bet Geno was real nice to her in recruiting. That's all going change at the first practice when she turns the ball over the first 4 times she touches it. I bet they play her at the 2 spot where she should have been from the start. Not sure if Holly wanted her to play there or Evina did and Holly just let her. Geno wont be doing any of that.
My guess is that she will welcome the opportunity to play for a coach who isn't clueless and will be the player everyone expected her to be coming out of college. She will probably end up being the best player in her class, along with Chennedy Carter.

Would not be surprised by that at all. I'm sure she knows how Geno is. Everyone knew how Pat was to but not all could handle it. Not trashing her, just will be interesting to see if she can handle the rough style of coaching. If she can I believe you will be correct.

VN Store

Back