Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

Gotta say that if OSU and Michigan have a close game or heaven forbid...Michigan beats OSU, I can see them both in the playoffs. If it's between a 1 loss UT and a 1 loss OSU, I know where my money would go. We would not stand a chance of getting the nod over the buckeyes.
This is the only scenario I see where UT has a potential problem:
TCU wins out and MI beats tOSU in a tight game.

tOSU gets respect from the committee like Bama has in the past. If they were #2 with a "good loss" to the #3 Michigan team...... that's very similar to situations where Bama got in despite a loss to a team ranked slightly below them.

We need TCU to lose, even better lose twice. If either MI or tOSU want to do what they sometimes do and lose to a relative nobody, that's a wonderful thing. If not, tOSU needs to destroy MI.

I don't trust the committee not to give tOSU a "legacy" boost.

Don t try and change your BS argument. NO ONE argued that an 11-1 UT would not make the playoff. I believe they will. You repeatedly stated that UT was a LOCK! for the #3 spot and TCU and all others were fighting for the 4th spot. You argued this on multiple thread and stated several times that it was ridiculous that everyone could not see that UT WAS a LOCK! REGARDLESS OF WHAT ELSE HAPPENED. You said there was absolutely NO SCENARIO in which UT did not go to the playoffs. Cleary you were wrong and now you want to run from your previous statements by pretending you were only saying UT would make the playoff. We all saw it.

Tennessee is a lock to make the playoff as long as we go 11-1. I’ve not changed my position on this.

The Pac 12 has a great chance of getting either Oregon, USC, UCLA all of which have one loss. But they also all play each other.

The most likely scenario is probably Uga, Pac-12, BiG winner and Vols.

I say we get in over a one loss BiG team all day, any day.

I literally said Clemson was going 13-0 at a time before the Clemson game kicked off. I also said TCu going 13-0 would not get in the playoff because 13-0 Clemson would get in over them since Tennessee is making the playoff at 11-1.

Since my statement of TCU at 13-0 would not get in over 13-0 Clemson is not longer valid because Clemson can’t go 13-0, I’m not sure why you are having trouble comprehending.

If the reason a 13-0 TCU won’t make the playoff is no longer valid, that means a 13-0 TCU can make the playoff. Once again, I’m not sure what your issue is on this. TCU’s chances to make the playoff at 13-0 drastically improved with the Clemson loss. Which last I checked, did not happen at 7:43 PM on Saturday night……

Clemson losing has nothing to do with this. TCU is ranked behind UT. IDK how you're missing that. TCU was going to be in either way because Michigan and Oh St still have to play

I just wish Utah could still go 11-1. That way, when they don't get in, the Committee will say "they had that loss to a bad Florida team". :p

Clemson losing has nothing to do with this. TCU is ranked behind UT. IDK how you're missing that. TCU was going to be in either way because Michigan and Oh St still have to play

Clemson losing has everything to do with why i said TCU at 13-0 would not make the playoff. The playoff is 4 teams. Since UGA, OSU/Michigan Winner, and 11-1 Tennessee are locks for the playoff, both 13-0 Clemson and 13-0 TCU can’t get in. Clemson would get the nod.

We only need TCU to lose and honestly LSU to win out until SEC title game, AL to win out and KY to win out. And win the 3 remaining games. GA, Big 10, PAC 12, TN

I made it crystal clear….

In the event of 13-0 Clemson and 13-0 TCU, Clemson gets in over TCU for obvious reasons. Since the other 3 playoff spots are UGA, Michigan/OSU, and Tennessee, Clemson and TCU both at 13-0 would battle for the 4th spot because Tennessee at 11-1 is getting into the playoff. I was perfectly clear in my reasoning why a 13-0 TCU would not get in the playoff at kickoff of the Clemson game….

Yet TCU is ranked above UT in the playoff rankings. Meaning........you were wrong. Your reasoning was that the committee does not value their wins. Which is ignorant because the remainder of their schedule is better than ours. So no, the committee was never going to pick a 1 lose UT over an undefeated TCU.

Reactions: TNBV
I hope somebody has enough sense to know that a 14 point loss at UGA is much better than a 46 point loss on a neutral field.
Plus 2 wins over Top 10 teams for UT.
Only way I see Oregon jumping Tennessee if both win out is because of some shenanigans geared towards getting a PAC 12 team in
If Oregon wins out they will likely have 2 top 10 wins too...

So not only are you full of it, you are dishonest as well. Good to know.

you said I’m running from my position that “Tennessee is a lock for the playoff”…. Show me where I’ve changed my position….

SEC gets two teams in...this is the way. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TCU being ranked in the top 4 is an embarrassment to the CFP. They have one game against an opponent in the top 25, Kansas State, who is at #19 and they only won by 10.

If TCU played any top 25 team in the SEC I'd bet on the SEC team by double digits.

We only need TCU to lose and honestly LSU to win out until SEC title game, AL to win out and KY to win out. And win the 3 remaining games. GA, Big 10, PAC 12, TN

Would love to see the Oh St/Michigan loser to find a 2nd lose on their schedule (idk their schedule well enough to know how possible that is) and for the PAC X (idk how many they have now, 10? 12?) to beat up on each other. Although it may not matter.

Yet TCU is ranked above UT in the playoff rankings. Meaning........you were wrong. You reasoning was that the committee does not value their wins. Which is ignorant because the remainder of their schedule is better than ours. So no, the committee was never going to pick a 1 lose UT over an undefeated TCU.

Wait the playoff starts today? Regular season is over? That’s odd… i wonder if the teams know?

I’m currently watching more important votes happening tonight.

Figured I’d stop by to take my lashings as I’ve earned them.

While it may come across as an excuse, Boo (and the committee at that) made zero sense or consistency from last week.

Last week from Boo: Quality of wins matter 7-1 Bama ahead of 8-0 TCU

This week from Boo: Losing to the #1 team by 14 is much more important than beating a 4-5 Texas Tech by 10 points.

Regardless, Tennessee at 11-1 will make the playoff.

Godspeed and God Bless the USA!

#Vote
Ha! You’re a good sport JMS. Totally agree on the more important votes and you’re certainly right that last week’s handling of TCU doesn’t at all jive with this week. I also agree we’re in a great spot. God Bless you too Vol brother!

Reactions: Behr
Ha! You’re a good sport JMS. Totally agree on the more important votes and you’re certainly right that last week’s handling of TCU doesn’t at all jive with this week. I also agree we’re in a great spot. God Bless you too Vol brother!

Cmon man, I’m not gonna disappear. Be bold! Too long our fan base and admin and AD refused to be Bold!

Then Tony V and Deacon Barnes and now White Boy Hype rolled into 2022 and erupted.

I agree with this. Assuming TCU drops a game. Honestly though, I think if TN wins out they are in even if TCU doesn’t lose. A 1 loss B1G team isn’t getting in over a 1 loss TN. Yes it was an ugly loss but they are only gonna look at the score. The optics of a two score loss to GA aren’t that bad, especially if GA wins out.

And yes Oregon looks good and might win out and be PAC champions. Oregon isn’t getting put ahead of a 1 loss TN. Conference Champ or no, they lost to the same team, and a two score loss always trumps a 46 point loss. Yes, it was the first game and they are a much better team now. But 46 points! Not even these a$$ clowns on the committee will overlook that.
Just go beat LSU’s ass please. They’re already starting the “we’ll do what TN couldn’t bs” 🙄

Georgia curb stomped Oregon by 46 POINTS ON A NEUTRAL FIELD. even in Atlanta tickets were to Oregon. The same criteria that got is to number one should keep us ahead of Oregon

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

Also if I’m gonna get dragged, better by Vols than some other Jack ass fan base

VN Store

Back