Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

Oregon won't get in over us...Our resume is better.
Currently. Arguable if Oregon finishes with 3 wins against ranked opponents including a likely 8th ranked USC in the PAC 12 championship. All while we beat SC, Mizz and Vandy, and sit at home on championship weekend while they are primetime.

Reactions: vol94
Gotta say that if OSU and Michigan have a close game or heaven forbid...Michigan beats OSU, I can see them both in the playoffs. If it's between a 1 loss UT and a 1 loss OSU, I know where my money would go. We would not stand a chance of getting the nod over the buckeyes.

Oregon plays at Utah. Utah is getting no love among the PAC10 discussion even though they too only have 1 loss in the conference. Everyone is overlooking them as not being a factor in that conference.

Utah could be the spoiler for those 3 teams that are getting all the attention.

Utah is who beat USC.
Oregon plays both Washington and Utah at home but they play Oregon State away (45 miles from Eugene). Eugene is a tough place for a visiting team to play.

Nothing snipped. That was your full statement. "TCU going undefeated will not be in the playoff."

You said that right? I'm not editing anything.

So you claimed even if they were undefeated they would not make the playoffs. Man up and admit you were wrong.

Lol. Look at time stamps. 7:43 PM. I do believe a game of significance was still going on very early and hadn’t even kicked off yet. What game was that by chance? Oh yeah, undefeated Clemson kicking off…

So either you are stupid or you are being ingenious. I don’t think you’re stupid.

But considering the only other P5 conference with an undefeated team was just kicking off, my point was very valid. You are literally cherry picking comments before the week was even over. And yes, THE ONLY TIME I SAID TCU WOULD NOT MAKE PLAYOFF WAS WITH A 13-0 CLEMSON.

and since the Clemson game had just kicked off and was no where close to being over, yes I made the statement. And guess what, I was wrong about Clemson. TCU’s playoff chances at 13-0 improves since Clemson lost.

A 13-0 Clemson gets in the playoff over a 13-0 TCU. And since Tennessee is gonna go to the playoff at 11-1, that means TCU gets left out in the other two spots because UGA and OSU or Michigan get the other.

But guess what, when Clemson lost, TCU going 13-0 means they are in the playoff now that Clemson can’t go 13-0….. it’s almost like you are purposely quoting comments without also quoting the time stamps. Like I said, I don’t think you’re stupid. But very disingenuous, most likely.

Somehow the committee now believes that OSU is actually better than Tenn now.

Must've been that dominating performance over Northwestern.
Didn’t you hear. They “took the air out of the ball” only the best of the best unbeatable teams do that

Has he been drinking all week cause the endless BS he has been spewing has not stopped.

Bless your heart. I’m sorry you’re getting worked up over Tennessee somehow not making the playoff when we are a lock at 11-1. Don’t worry, you’ll be healed of your BVS in about 4 more weeks.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Lol. Look at time stamps. 7:43 PM. I do believe a game of significance was still going on very early and hadn’t even kicked off yet. What game was that by chance? Oh yeah, undefeated Clemson kicking off…

So either you are stupid or you are being ingenious. I don’t think you’re stupid.

But considering the only other P5 conference with an undefeated team was just kicking off, my point was very valid. You are literally cherry picking comments before the week was even over. And yes, THE ONLY TIME I SAID TCU WOULD NOT MAKE PLAYOFF WAS WITH A 13-0 CLEMSON.

and since the Clemson game had just kicked off and was no where close to being over, yes I made the statement. And guess what, I was wrong about Clemson. TCU’s playoff chances at 13-0 improves since Clemson lost.

A 13-0 Clemson gets in the playoff over a 13-0 TCU. And since Tennessee is gonna go to the playoff at 11-1, that means TCU gets left out in the other two spots because UGA and OSU or Michigan get the other.

But guess what, when Clemson lost, TCU going 13-0 means they are in the playoff now that Clemson can’t go 13-0….. it’s almost like you are purposely quoting comments without also quoting the time stamps. Like I said, I don’t think you’re stupid. But very disingenuous, most likely.
Is this a damn novel?

Reactions: Vol8188
So we were #1 and lost to #3 on the road and drop to 5. If it was Bama in the same situation. They would have dropped to 3. 4 at the furthest. Oh well if we take care of business we'll be alright. GBO

So to be clear you said this?

TCU going undefeated will not be in the playoff. The committee just made that statement with the first rankings.

You didn’t say “they won’t be in the playoffs unless Clemson loses”. Just “they won’t be in the playoffs”.

And the obvious answer has always been that any undefeated power 5 team will be in unless there’s 5

Prelude…….

Answer this. If Clemson were undefeated and TCU undefeated, why would TCU not be in?

Georgia
Winner of Michigan/Oh St
TCU
Clemson

Right? Why does Clemson losing change your claim that TCU doesn’t matter and won’t make the playoffs?

Don’t think so. You are sleeping on Oregon. If they win out they are in. We are likely screwed.

The Pac 12 has a great chance of getting either Oregon, USC, UCLA or maybe even Utah, all of which have one loss. But they also all play each other.

The most likely scenario is probably Uga, Pac-12, BiG winner and Vols.

I say we get in over a one loss BiG team all day, any day.

This is my prediction once it all pans out!
#1 Ga vs #4 Oregon!

#2 Ohio St vs #3 Tennessee!

#1 Ga vs #2 Tennessee in California for NC!
I agree with this. Assuming TCU drops a game. Honestly though, I think if TN wins out they are in even if TCU doesn’t lose. A 1 loss B1G team isn’t getting in over a 1 loss TN. Yes it was an ugly loss but they are only gonna look at the score. The optics of a two score loss to GA aren’t that bad, especially if GA wins out.

And yes Oregon looks good and might win out and be PAC champions. Oregon isn’t getting put ahead of a 1 loss TN. Conference Champ or no, they lost to the same team, and a two score loss always trumps a 46 point loss. Yes, it was the first game and they are a much better team now. But 46 points! Not even these a$$ clowns on the committee will overlook that.

So to be clear you said this?

You didn’t say “they won’t be in the playoffs unless Clemson loses”. Just “they won’t be in the playoffs”.

And the obvious answer has always been that any undefeated power 5 team will be in unless there’s 5

I literally said Clemson was going 13-0 at a time before the Clemson game kicked off. I also said TCu going 13-0 would not get in the playoff because 13-0 Clemson would get in over them since Tennessee is making the playoff at 11-1.

Since my statement of TCU at 13-0 would not get in over 13-0 Clemson is not longer valid because Clemson can’t go 13-0, I’m not sure why you are having trouble comprehending.

If the reason a 13-0 TCU won’t make the playoff is no longer valid, that means a 13-0 TCU can make the playoff. Once again, I’m not sure what your issue is on this. TCU’s chances to make the playoff at 13-0 drastically improved with the Clemson loss. Which last I checked, did not happen at 7:43 PM on Saturday night……

I don't think Oregon will lose again. Their 2 tough games on their schedule are at home. Really need TCU to lose, which I think they will.

Bless your heart. I’m sorry you’re getting worked up over Tennessee somehow not making the playoff when we are a lock at 11-1. Don’t worry, you’ll be healed of your BVS in about 4 more weeks.
Don t try and change your BS argument. NO ONE argued that an 11-1 UT would not make the playoff. I believe they will. You repeatedly stated that UT was a LOCK! for the #3 spot and TCU and all others were fighting for the 4th spot. You argued this on multiple thread and stated several times that it was ridiculous that everyone could not see that UT WAS a LOCK! REGARDLESS OF WHAT ELSE HAPPENED. You said there was absolutely NO SCENARIO in which UT did not go to the playoffs. Cleary you were wrong and now you want to run from your previous statements by pretending you were only saying UT would make the playoff. We all saw it.

Reactions: SockeyeVol
Answer this. If Clemson were undefeated and TCU undefeated, why would TCU not be in?

Georgia
Winner of Michigan/Oh St
TCU
Clemson

Right? Why does Clemson losing change your claim that TCU doesn’t matter and won’t make the playoffs?

I made it crystal clear….

In the event of 13-0 Clemson and 13-0 TCU, Clemson gets in over TCU for obvious reasons. Since the other 3 playoff spots are UGA, Michigan/OSU, and Tennessee, Clemson and TCU both at 13-0 would battle for the 4th spot because Tennessee at 11-1 is getting into the playoff. I was perfectly clear in my reasoning why a 13-0 TCU would not get in the playoff at kickoff of the Clemson game….

VN Store

Back