Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

Not crying. He's right. The committee will jump all over Oregon if they finish with only 1 loss. They don't want 2 teams from the SEC in the playoffs. Might not like it, but that's reality.
You’ve been making this dubious and arbitrary assertion in multiple threads. They’ve already put two SEC teams in on two different occasions. It may not fit your narrative, but that’s reality.

If Peyton would stand up for his Alma mater and threaten to quit, they would cut out the crap and start singing a different tune.

Just goes to show that things can change. Your insistence on us getting in over an undefeated TCU just got torpedoed. If TCU and Oregon wins out we are not getting in.

Not really. I said TCU would not get in if Clemson was 13-0 meaning there were two undefeated conference champs outside of the SEC/BigTen champs. I never once said TCU would be left out as the only undefeated conference champ outside the BigTen/SEC. With Clemson’s loss, that means there are only a max 3 conferences that can have an undefeated champ and those 3 would definitely be in.

TCU’s odds of making playoff crew when Clemson lost because 13-0 TCU gets in over 12-1 ACC champ and 12-1 PAC 12 champ. 13-0 TCU would not get in over Clemson 13-0.

Now i did get wrong Clemson going 13-0, obviously.

11-1 Tennessee makes the playoff. With LSU at 7, i hope they run the table to 11-2.

Good night and happy election night. No need to spend another day in the trenches with the Vols when toxicity of politics is raging tonight.

Reactions: Behr
Not really. I said TCU would not get in if Clemson was 13-0 meaning there were two undefeated conference champs outside of the SEC/BigTen champs. I never once said TCU would be left out as the only undefeated conference champ outside the BigTen/SEC. With Clemson’s loss, that means there are only a max 3 conferences that can have an undefeated champ and those 3 would definitely be in.

TCU’s odds of making playoff crew when Clemson lost because 13-0 TCU gets in over 12-1 ACC champ and 12-1 PAC 12 champ. 13-0 TCU would not get in over Clemson 13-0.

Now i did get wrong Clemson going 13-0, obviously.

11-1 Tennessee makes the playoff. With LSU at 7, i hope they run the table to 11-2.

Good night and happy election night. No need to spend another day in the trenches with the Vols when toxicity of politics is raging tonight.

Someone is lying….

Agree with this. I don’t think it’s right because there’s a 0% chance that Oregon has only 1 loss or that TCU is undefeated with UT’s schedule. So, they wouldn’t get the best 4 teams assuming UT wins out as well, but they care more about ratings than getting it right.
Then they’re dumb because no one brings more ratings than the SEC, followed by the Big10.

Reactions: joevol33
Someone is lying….

Show me where I said a 13-0 TCU would be left as the only non SEC/Big10 Undefeated Champ.

I very clearly said and thought Clemson would go 13-0. And since I said and am firm that 11-1 Tennessee is making the playoff, that means TCU wouldn’t make it. Up until the Clemson loss to ND, i very clearly maintained the following playoff:

1- Georgia
2- OSU/Michigan Winner
3- Tennessee 11-1
4- Clemson 13-0
5- TCU 13-0

Sunday morning aka Clemson’s chance of 13-0 eliminated, that means 13-0 TCU is only possibly conference champ that can be undefeated outside the SEC/Big10.

With 3 undefeated conference champs, they go to the playoff. Since Tennessee at 11-1 is going to playoff, that makes 4 teams. TCU benefitted from Clemson’s loss as long as they go undefeated. I’ve literally not changed my stance. When I said 13-0 TCU wasn’t making it, I said why and that was they would not get in over 13-0 Clemson. Pull the receipts if you wish….

Gotta say that if OSU and Michigan have a close game or heaven forbid...Michigan beats OSU, I can see them both in the playoffs. If it's between a 1 loss UT and a 1 loss OSU, I know where my money would go. We would not stand a chance of getting the nod over the buckeyes.
The only hope a BIG team has is going undefeated. Period. They value strength of schedule. According to you, the committee is hell-bent on preventing two SEC teams getting in (despite having put two in on two occasions now) but they’d be fine with letting two teams from a vastly weaker conference in (which they’ve never done)? This is delusional.

You and @BigOrangeTrain are trying to let yourselves down easy when you’re two feet off the ground.

Reactions: ButchPlz and Behr
Show me where I said a 13-0 TCU would be left as the only non SEC/Big10 Undefeated Champ.

I very clearly said and thought Clemson would go 13-0. And since I said and am firm that 11-1 Tennessee is making the playoff, that means TCU wouldn’t make it. Up until the Clemson loss to ND, i very clearly maintained the following playoff:

1- Georgia
2- OSU/Michigan Winner
3- Tennessee 11-1
4- Clemson 13-0
5- TCU 13-0

Sunday morning aka Clemson’s chance of 13-0 eliminated, that means 13-0 TCU is only possibly conference champ that can be undefeated outside the SEC/Big10.

With 3 undefeated conference champs, they go to the playoff. Since Tennessee at 11-1 is going to playoff, that makes 4 teams. TCU benefitted from Clemson’s loss as long as they go undefeated. I’ve literally not changed my stance. When I said 13-0 TCU wasn’t making it, I said why and that was they would not get in over 13-0 Clemson. Pull the receipts if you wish….

Guys, hate to break it to you but quit crying about TCU.... They could very well go 13-0 and they aren't getting into the playoff #4 spot if they continue to win in the ugly manner they are.

This is exactly how it works. It is why the committee constantly has forced turnover... There are only 2 guarantees with the committee every year and that is the SEC and Big Ten Champs are in the playoff regardless of record. I think it is laughable that people think 13-0 TCU is certainty to make the playoff just because of their record.... There is a reason they got thrown at #7 in the first rankings... . The committee doesn't value their SOS and how they are winning vs weaker opponents.

TCU going undefeated will not be in the playoff. The committee just made that statement with the first rankings.

As I've been telling you for a few days now....any undefeated power 5 conference champ will always be in unless somehow there's 5 of them. The committee will not favor a 1 loss team over any undefeated power 5 conference champ which is what you were attempting to claim would happen with TCU.

Oregon still has two tough games and then a championship game. They won’t win em all. I’m more worried about tcu winning out and the loser of osu/Michigan not falling out of the top 4.
Both Michigan and OSU have one impressive win against Penn state. The big ten is not strong this year.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
As I've been telling you for a few days now....any undefeated power 5 conference champ will always be in unless somehow there's 5 of them. The committee will not favor a 1 loss team over any undefeated power 5 conference champ which is what you were attempting to claim would happen with TCU.

You are literally saying I’ve lied or changed my tune. I said very clearly why they would not make it if they went 13-0 along with Clemson going 13-0……

Clemson can’t go 13-0 anymore so that means that TCU is the last possible team to go 13-0(outside of the SEC/Big10 champs). They would be in the playoff as the final team.

Tennessee at 11-1 is in the playoff. With a 13-0 Clemson and 13-0 TCU, TCU is left out. No 13-0 Clemson means 13-0 TCU is in.

I’ve literally said nothing different from that. Nice try i guess on trying to twist words on your part?

The CFP says they value schedule strength. TN has as strong a schedule as anyone, but they want Oregon for the west coast audience. While I think we have chance, some things have to happen for us to be guaranteed a. spot. ‘Big 10 champ game needs to have a clear winner. Oregon needs a loss and so does USC. TCU needs to lose. And of course, we have to win out,

This is a lie….. but keep snipping and cherry picking comments.

We are in the 5 spot and ahead of Oregon. If we win out we'll be in .......I just have a hunch at the 4 spot.

The CFP says they value schedule strength. TN has as strong a schedule as anyone, but they want Oregon for the west coast audience. While I think we have chance, some things have to happen for us to be guaranteed a. spot. ‘Big 10 champ game needs to have a clear winner. Oregon needs a loss and so does USC. TCU needs to lose. And of course, we have to win out,
KY, Pitt, and UF winning 8 regular season games would help too.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
This is a lie….. but keep snipping and cherry picking comments.

TCU going undefeated will not be in the playoff. The committee just made that statement with the first rankings.

Nothing snipped. That was your full statement. "TCU going undefeated will not be in the playoff."

You said that right? I'm not editing anything.

So you claimed even if they were undefeated they would not make the playoffs. Man up and admit you were wrong.

VN Store

Back