Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

But it doesn't and the numbers prove that out. Two SEC teams playing each other blow out of the water any Pac 12 team on the screen. Viewership goes down when West Coast teams are in the game, not up. There is no increase. If TCU played Oregon the viewer numbers would be terrible compared to any SEC team playing either of them and even worse compared to a Tennessee Georgia rematch, which is the highest viewed college sporting event all year.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. If a PAC 12 team, especially Oregon or USC, is one of the final 4 the viewership will increase. That's the reason ESPN and TV advertisers want a PAC team in.

Last edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. If a PAC 12 team, especially Oregon or USC, is one of the final 4 the viewership will increase. That's the reason ESPN and TV advertisers want a PAC team in.

You can speculate and guess but the numbers are out there. A TCU Oregon match-up would be a ratings nightmare. USC doesn't move the needle either. There's a reason the Pac 12 is a dead league and USC and UCLA left. No one cares for the most part and TV numbers were awful.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
TCU has got a couple games they will have to win to make it in.

Michigan needs to beat OSU.

Oregon needs to lose a game.

Tennessee and Georgia need to win out and both will.
Seems to me that since we dropped out of the top 4 with a loss to the number 1 team, than Michigan or Ohio State will have to drop out with a loss to each other. Both of their resumes are weaker than ours. That puts us right back in the top 4.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
Seems to me that since we dropped out of the top 4 with a loss to the number 1 team, than Michigan or Ohio State will have to drop out with a loss to each other. Both of their resumes are weaker than ours. That puts us right back in the top 4.
I agree. One of them is almost certainty out. I don’t see a way both can stay.

VN Store

Back