Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

Oregon still has two tough games and then a championship game. They won’t win em all. I’m more worried about tcu winning out and the loser of osu/Michigan not falling out of the top 4.

Oregon plays at Utah. Utah is getting no love among the PAC10 discussion even though they too only have 1 loss in the conference. Everyone is overlooking them as not being a factor in that conference.

Utah could be the spoiler for those 3 teams that are getting all the attention.

Utah is who beat USC.

Oregon plays at Utah. Utah is getting no love among the PAC10 discussion even though they too only have 1 loss in the conference. Everyone is overlooking them as not being a factor in that conference.

Utah could be the spoiler for those 3 teams that are getting all the attention.
Sadly that game is at utah

I seem to think that if TCU wins out and Oregon wins out, then Tennessee wont make the CFP. Add in LSU too.

Think Tn need TCU or Oregon to lose 1, and UGA to win out.

No way they loser of OSU/Michigan stays in the top 4. Even if it’s a 1 point game. Neither of them have the strength of schedule to justify a top 4 ranking with a loss. The loser of that will drop out of the top 4.

Also Clemson is out, even if they win out and win the ACC.

TCU will have a loss and be out. They could surprise me here, but I’m 99% sure they will not go 13-0.

Oregon is the only one who might jump over us if they win out and win the Pac12. Their loss to UGA was much worse than ours, but it was in Week 1. Ours was more recent.

EVEN IF Oregon finishes 12-1 and jumps over us, that would put them at 3 and us at 4.

*This is all assuming Georgia beats LSU in Atlanta. If they don’t…we’re out. They’ll put LSU over us if they win the SEC, and Georgia will still be in. Who knows who the 4th team might be, but they won’t put 3 SEC teams in.
Oregon shouldn’t jump us unless they win out and also win the PAC 12. Punishing us because the loss to UGA happened later in the schedule (schedule is out of a team’s control) is absurd imo. Plus they lost by 4 scores at a neutral field, TN by 14 AWAY, and TN blew out the likely SEC west champs on their home field. But what do I know.

When is JMS going to show up and tell us that TCU can’t pass UT? It took all of one week.

Reactions: Behr
I seem to think that if TCU wins out and Oregon wins out, then Tennessee wont make the CFP. Add in LSU too.

Think Tn need TCU or Oregon to lose 1, and UGA to win out.
Agree with this. I don’t think it’s right because there’s a 0% chance that Oregon has only 1 loss or that TCU is undefeated with UT’s schedule. So, they wouldn’t get the best 4 teams assuming UT wins out as well, but they care more about ratings than getting it right.

Both have to first make it to their conference championship games. Both of those conferences have games over the next 3 weeks that will decide who makes it. Oregon has to win out or they may not make as there are three other teams with 1 loss. TCU is 2 ahead but play the two teams tied for 2nd on the road in the next 2 weeks.
That is why we are in a perfect spot. I don't think Oregon will win out since they have two top 25 teams in the next two weeks and Bo Nix is well Bo Nix. TCU I'm not sure sure about but they will be playing for their conference as everyone else has 2 losses and Texas is the only team that could beat them. It is just if everyone wins out that is ahead of us. USC or Oregon are the only ones behind us that could jump if they win out. The only other scenario I could see is if they pull a B1G homer move and put the loser of Ohio Suck and Michigan over us and a one loss conference champion.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
You are sleeping on Oregon. If they win out they are in. We are likely screwed.
Nope.

What's likely is, (a) TCU loses one of its next 4 games, and drops out ... as well as (b) the loser of OSU - Michigan drops to the #5 or #6 spot and has NO time left to climb back up because their match comes the last weekend of the regular season.

In all likelihood, we are the #3 seed and Oregon (unless they lose, which they very well might with games vs Washington, Utah, and the PAC CG still ahead) is #4.

We're in by far the best spot right now of all the one-loss teams.

When is JMS going to show up and tell us that TCU can’t pass UT? It took all of one week.

I’m currently watching more important votes happening tonight.

Figured I’d stop by to take my lashings as I’ve earned them.

While it may come across as an excuse, Boo (and the committee at that) made zero sense or consistency from last week.

Last week from Boo: Quality of wins matter 7-1 Bama ahead of 8-0 TCU

This week from Boo: Losing to the #1 team by 14 is much more important than beating a 4-5 Texas Tech by 10 points.

Regardless, Tennessee at 11-1 will make the playoff.

Godspeed and God Bless the USA!

#Vote

Reactions: hUTch2002
Nope.

What's likely is, (a) TCU loses one of its next 4 games, and drops out ... as well as (b) the loser of OSU - Michigan drops to the #5 or #6 spot and has NO time left to climb back up because their match comes the last weekend of the regular season.

In all likelihood, we are the #3 seed and Oregon (unless they lose, which they very well might with games vs Washington, Utah, and the PAC CG still ahead) is #4.

We're in by far the best spot right now of all the one-loss teams.
Gotta say that if OSU and Michigan have a close game or heaven forbid...Michigan beats OSU, I can see them both in the playoffs. If it's between a 1 loss UT and a 1 loss OSU, I know where my money would go. We would not stand a chance of getting the nod over the buckeyes.

If Boo says quality of wins matter last week, not sure what happened or changed this week after seeing this data point:

Just goes to show that things can change. Your insistence on us getting in over an undefeated TCU just got torpedoed. If TCU and Oregon wins out we are not getting in.

I hope somebody has enough sense to know that a 14 point loss at UGA is much better than a 46 point loss on a neutral field.
Plus 2 wins over Top 10 teams for UT.
Only way I see Oregon jumping Tennessee if both win out is because of some shenanigans geared towards getting a PAC 12 team in

Hope someone knows losing week1 is alot different than getting took to school when your the hottest looking team . 14 only because Kirby killed tge clock 2nd half .Kirby could of picked the score if he wanted to. If OR wins out they're in over us .

Gotta say that if OSU and Michigan have a close game or heaven forbid...Michigan beats OSU, I can see them both in the playoffs. If it's between a 1 loss UT and a 1 loss OSU, I know where my money would go. We would not stand a chance of getting the nod over the buckeyes.
See, I don't see any team losing and not dropping. Georgia would've dropped out of the top 4 if we'd beaten them Saturday. And they're the reigning national champs. We dropped out. Michigan would drop out. Ohio State, even, would drop to #5 or lower.

There's just this stigma that comes with losing. And it demands a price be paid, even if you can recover from it later.

Ohio State and Michigan's only problem is, their game comes so late there's no time to recover. The loser is, I'd bet money, out.

VN Store

Back