We were out-coached...

For those of you in despair, take heart! Guys like this have no idea what they are talking about. We are seriously short of athletes at QB, WR, and OL. Kiffin had to play the cards he was dealt (by Fulmer). Brighter days are ahead, I assure you.

Brighter days are ahead. And as soon as we hire a championship caliber coach, the sooner they'll be here.

Kiffin won't be here in 4 years.

I don't have to love Obama to love the U.S.A.
I don't have to support Obama to support the U.S.A.

Get it?

Kiffin is out of his league. He played an inferior team, at home, and got out coached. His play calling in the red zone showed he has absolutely no imagination. Having no imagination might work against powerhouses like WKU, but it won't work against average teams, especially in this conference. Kiffin was not ready, is not ready, and will not be ready. I knew it was going to be bad, but it is even worse than I predicted.

Fulmer gave plenty of imagination against wyoming. You fulmerites are in denial the leftover crap fulmer left for his successor.

Fulmer gave plenty of imagination against wyoming. You fulmerites are in denial the leftover crap fulmer left for his successor.

I didn't see you praising Fulmer for the win last week.

Fulmer is gone....get over it. We replaced a bad coach with a bad coach.

Kiffin won't be here in 4 years.

I don't have to love Obama to love the U.S.A.
I don't have to support Obama to support the U.S.A.

Get it?

Kiffin is out of his league. He played an inferior team, at home, and got out coached. His play calling in the red zone showed he has absolutely no imagination. Having no imagination might work against powerhouses like WKU, but it won't work against average teams, especially in this conference. Kiffin was not ready, is not ready, and will not be ready. I knew it was going to be bad, but it is even worse than I predicted.

How in the hell can you be a Vols fan and feel that way? In order to support your country you need to support your president. In order to support your team you need to support your coach. Kiffin is just getting started. His qb didnt exactly play well. without a qb what can you expect? Hes just getting started. Look for the Vols to improve over the season. Kiffin has brought in a great recruiting class and coaching staff, and is in the process of bringing in another great recruiting class. Give him some time.

How in the hell can you be a Vols fan and feel that way? In order to support your country you need to support your president. In order to support your team you need to support your coach. Kiffin is just getting started. His qb didnt exactly play well. without a qb what can you expect? Hes just getting started. Look for the Vols to improve over the season. Kiffin has brought in a great recruiting class and coaching staff, and is in the process of bringing in another great recruiting class. Give him some time.

Some people just love being miserable. It is a form of attention.

I didn't see you praising Fulmer for the win last week.

Fulmer is gone....get over it. We replaced a bad coach with a bad coach.

Western Kentucky was the worst opponent i have witnessed in Neyland in the last 25 years. There is no praising fulmer or kiff for that scrimmage. We will be competitive in 2 years.

Isn't that above average for the raiders?

Maybe. I just would've thought that the U of T would've hired someone with a thicker resume.........and a little bit better coaching record than 5-15.

Maybe if we can replace our SEC schedule with Sunbelt Conf teams Kiffin can reach his 5 wins every two seasons here.

i wanted fulmer fired after 02 season. We agree to disagree. I like the hire of kiff but the jury is still out for some.

Our QB played like absolute garbage. Vince Lombardi could not have coached crapton to win, yet people feel that our coach is garbage and will never succeed based on this one game that we were a yard away from winning despite mistakes. Why don't all you fulmerites just go to bed and realize the sun will rise tomorrow, and our coaching staff who has coached TWO GAMES can't be judged for their careers based on ONE game.

All,

I watched your game today against UCLA and the only thing I saw that I didn't like was your QB, but I have seen that guy play before and nothing has changed.

Now, I am the outside looking in and I am not a huge fan of Kiffin. This guy came into the SEC talking trash to proven SEC coaches, ie Meyer, Spurrier, Saban, etc. I just don't think a person should do that. It is one to be confident in your skills, but he needs some humility. He is asking for humilation from those schools if they get a chance. Now I'm sure he is saying those things to get interest back into the program, but if Tennessee is not careful, this guy will get you guys on probation faster than you can blink your eye. The Univeristy can only turn in so many self-violations before the SEC takes a closer look. This guy is playing on the edge and I would hate to see a storied program like the Vols fall into bad hands.

For your sake, and I mean all UT fans, he does more good than bad but what has he done as a head coach? Nothing...he is living off the success of Pete Carroll.

Taking time to form opinions is way too overrated for some of us. It makes no sense to judge Kiffin as quickly as we can based SOLELY upon his performance in TWO GAMES in which he was forced to use UNDERDEVELOPED players from the PREVIOUS COACHING STAFF.

All,

I watched your game today against UCLA and the only thing I saw that I didn't like was your QB, but I have seen that guy play before and nothing has changed.

Now, I am the outside looking in and I am not a huge fan of Kiffin. This guy came into the SEC talking trash to proven SEC coaches, ie Meyer, Spurrier, Saban, etc. I just don't think a person should do that. It is one to be confident in your skills, but he needs some humility. He is asking for humilation from those schools if they get a chance. Now I'm sure he is saying those things to get interest back into the program, but if Tennessee is not careful, this guy will get you guys on probation faster than you can blink your eye. The Univeristy can only turn in so many self-violations before the SEC takes a closer look. This guy is playing on the edge and I would hate to see a storied program like the Vols fall into bad hands.

For your sake, and I mean all UT fans, he does more good than bad but what has he done as a head coach? Nothing...he is living off the success of Pete Carroll.

He's already put together a great coaching staff and gotten some awesome recruits. But I'm sure you'll ignore all that meaningless drivel.

Just remember that when you're waiting 6 months to see a physican.[

Im not getting into politics, but how can you be so against Kiffin when he is the coach of this team? You should hope he succeeds cause if he does then the vols succeed. I dont understand why your so determined to see him fail.

Just remember that when you're waiting 6 months to see a physican.[

Im not getting into politics, but how can you be so against Kiffin when he is the coach of this team? You should hope he succeeds cause if he does then the vols succeed. I dont understand why your so determined to see him fail.

Put him on ignore, along with Posivol, your life on VN will be filled with much more intelligent conversation.

He's already put together a great coaching staff and gotten some awesome recruits. But I'm sure you'll ignore all that meaningless drivel.

Buddy, there is no doubt he has assembled a great coaching staff on paper. But to me the only really proven person is his dad Monte. The recruits, I would give him credit for that as well but all the talent in the world cannot win you games. And like I said, hopefully this guy will not get that program put on probation because of his mouth. There may be some validity as to why Al Davis fired him.

Buddy, there is no doubt he has assembled a great coaching staff on paper. But to me the only really proven person is his dad Monte. The recruits, I would give him credit for that as well but all the talent in the world cannot win you games. And like I said, hopefully this guy will not get that program put on probation because of his mouth. There may be some validity as to why Al Davis fired him.

LOL This is what you said:

"but what has he done as a head coach? Nothing"

I gave you two firm things he's done as a head coach. Don't change the subject. Admit you were wrong!

LOL This is what you said:

"but what has he done as a head coach? Nothing"

I gave you two firm things he's done as a head coach. Don't change the subject. Admit you were wrong!

I meant before coming to UT. But the stuff he has done at UT, until he turns them into wins, is still nothing in my opinion.

I meant before coming to UT. But the stuff he has done at UT, until he turns them into wins, is still nothing in my opinion.

Fair enough, and you're right, the W is most important. I honestly believe he can do it, but it won't be this year. He needs to recruit a QB who has confidence and can play his system (see: Tyler Bray). It looks as if neither Crompton nor Stephens got any development at the QB position under the previous staff.

VN Store

Back