We were out-coached...

It all starts with the o-line. They were *****ified the entire game by the ucla d-line. They just shoved them out of the way like they were 7 yr. olds. And we all know if Crompton gets any kind of pressure he will just throw the ball to get rid of it. he isn't even looking for receivers. So it's the same 20 yds over their heads or 10 yds in the dirt.

There were a couple of weird play calls (first play of second half & play on the goal line for 4th down), but this was not on the coaches. When your QB plays bad, you have a ton of other issues that pop up. You can't run the ball ... You can't control the line ... etc.... this is not on the coaches.

I agree totally!!!! With that pitiful excuse or a quarterback he could not carry out a junior high game plan. The game plan was there he missed the post pass, he missed the crossing patterns, heck I belived he missed the waterboy in warm ups.

If you don't have a qb to carry out a simple game plan that could have won the game then have nothing absolutely nothing and that what crapton gives our Vols no chance to win a decent game.

Defense AWESOME!! But again Crapton has failed us again we cannot sit here and let this go on for 2 or 3 more weeks when receivers do not have a chance to make plays.

Kiffin I think had an elementary game plan that would have beat chow but he got out executed and our QB or excuse for one, let him down!!!!!

Its all up to your players. Your coach wont help you. Maybe Crompton could audible more out of those bad plays. It only gets worse from hear folks.

We we're not out coached. If we switch our QB's, we win. Our team is just not very good.

I think our team outside the QB is very good, look at the Alabama teams never had an outstanding QB just one who could carry out the game plan and not hit the numbers of the DB's on the other team.

Crompton makes Horrible decisions, unsure throws and just pure out stinks. He could not win a division 2 game. We have good receivers that have not had a chance to show what they have since Meachem (sorry for the spelling) left.
We have not had a consistent QB since Casey Clausen and he was good for one pic but we had a chance to win the game in the end.

I hate watching this Crompton kid every throw just looks horrible no chance to win or show case talent you have when there are 7 in the box. Kills the running game the screen game and limits your play calling because deep down as the head coach coming from USC he knows he Sucks!!!

I hate to be so harsh towards a kid but somewhere deep down he has to see he is hurting the others around him and needs to step back himself and let the TEAM try to move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiffin won't be here in 4 years.

I don't have to love Obama to love the U.S.A.
I don't have to support Obama to support the U.S.A.

Get it?

Kiffin is out of his league. He played an inferior team, at home, and got out coached. His play calling in the red zone showed he has absolutely no imagination. Having no imagination might work against powerhouses like WKU, but it won't work against average teams, especially in this conference. Kiffin was not ready, is not ready, and will not be ready. I knew it was going to be bad, but it is even worse than I predicted.

How many INT's did Kiffin throw yesterday?

Let me say up front I didn't get to see the game due to a family function, but I do find it odd that so many made the comment that CPF had a lot of talent but sucked at coaching... That was said when he was let go, and then it was said a lot last week.. Now all of the sudden our talent is to blame.. so which one is it??? On paper it would appear we were out coached as thier talent can't be very much better than ours.. At best it is the same level...

Give me a break....it was only game 2. A game we should have won. But he took responsibility for it and let's move on. He has done everything he has said he would do. Build excitement....get top recruits here....get the best coaching staff. He owned up to it....now let's lay off and see what happens. I am still on the Lane Train. Go Vols.

I believe in this staff, i believe this staff is one of if not the best in the country just go down each persons resume. BUT with that said these next few years dont look to bright either, yes we will have Kiffins recruits & better players but just go look @ the schedule for the next 2-3 years. All those recruits will be Freshmen & Sophomores in '10-'11. Its hard for a team full of Freshmen & Sophomores to succeed against experienced teams in the SEC. Im pulling for this team & this coaching staff, but im not getting my hopes up for a major turn around. We very well could average 8 wins @ best the next 2-3 years.

I'm not getting down on Coach Kiffin because of the loss to UCLA,he is having to play with what Coach Fulmer left him which isnt much!!The defense is great again to go with the horrible QB play!Fulmer should have been recruiting some QB's before Eric Ainges senior season.I truly believe when Kiffin has recruited for 2 years that Tennessee will be winning 8 or 9 games a season!!

everyone is ragging the CLK for play calling but what is he suppose to do different? you have two options on offense, throw or run. if you cant throw (which we couldn't) you run the ball, and how creative can one really be running the ball? and its not like he was asking a lot of crompton with the plays he called, #8 just wasnt on his game and couldn't complete simple hitches and outs and made bad decisions, but is that on CLK? no. we did a good job moving the football on the ground in the 4th quarter when the UCLA defense knew what was coming. (kudos to Montario Hardesty who played like a champ yesterday) i think the offensive staff did the best with what they had on saturday

Its all up to your players. Your coach wont help you. Maybe Crompton could audible more out of those bad plays. It only gets worse from hear folks.

Thanks for your great insight. Maybe you should go concentrate on your pathetic team.

I was thinking the same thing. He did develop Drew Brees who is a top 3 NFL QB. I hope Kiffin isn't so cocky as to not recognize the fact that Chaney might be better at the play call than he is. Anyone wonder if Little Kiff would ever get on to Monte if the D messed up? I bet Monte would ground him. LOL

monte did his job and put us in the position to win.

Let me say up front I didn't get to see the game due to a family function, but I do find it odd that so many made the comment that CPF had a lot of talent but sucked at coaching... That was said when he was let go, and then it was said a lot last week.. Now all of the sudden our talent is to blame.. so which one is it??? On paper it would appear we were out coached as thier talent can't be very much better than ours.. At best it is the same level...

unfortunatly since ive been on this site,your post is dead on :hi:

There were a couple of weird play calls (first play of second half & play on the goal line for 4th down), but this was not on the coaches. When your QB plays bad, you have a ton of other issues that pop up. You can't run the ball ... You can't control the line ... etc.... this is not on the coaches.
agree

I dont think we were out coached. I am fine with the direction of this program. I like the intensity and risk taking. The players on the field couldnt execute the plays. We will lose a few more games but will be fine in the long run. Patience grasshopper

Let’s say we were outcoached. (Despite the limited play calling ability due to Crompton’s incompetence, I did not understand all the runs to the left in the 4th quarter)Fulmer had a decade of sucktitude. This is CLK’s first game (with Fulmer’s players no less). I will give him a pass this time.

VN Store

Back