We still have a small chance to sneak into playoffs

Per 538 playoff predictor, slim chance with a bunch of 2 loss teams. Would take Iowa winning the Big 10, UNC the ACC, Kansas St in the Big 12 and other crazy things.

All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head

Attachments

• 81CACE60-FDAA-4A25-8706-B2782197E6C0.png
    81CACE60-FDAA-4A25-8706-B2782197E6C0.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 19
Exactly. We blew our chance going into a game in which we were a 21 favorite, and we lost by 25. Lets put the playoff talk on hold until next year, and focus on beating Vandy to get to 10-2.
Who knows what next year brings but I seriously doubt we are in this same position. Me missed a huge opportunity and I don't think we will be in that position next year.

View attachment 516762

No, just no.

Don't get me wrong, that Vol offense put on an absolute show this season... BUT

A two-loss team, not in their conference championships game, and just got violently assaulted by SC on national television.

Just thank CJH for getting you into playoff contention faster than anyone thought possible.
Did it really look like we needed your help with this?

Reactions: rocytop2624
View attachment 516762

No, just no.

Don't get me wrong, that Vol offense put on an absolute show this season... BUT

A two-loss team, not in their conference championships game, and just got violently assaulted by SC on national television.

Just thank CJH for getting you into playoff contention faster than anyone thought possible.
I don't like this from you! I don't like your team an I don't like were you come from. You can take your team and go! I don't like none of you!

Michigan getting blown out by Ohio State for their only loss would be worse than us with two losses and getting curb stomped by South Carolina? You'll have to explain that one to me.
And before the season you didn’t think we did this year either. Tennessee isn’t going back to the bottom of the sec. We will continue to get better. GBO

I mean I don't think most of this would happen. However mathematically there is a small percentage to what OP is pointing to.
Screenshot_20221120-231400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: VolGirl05
All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head
STOP!!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
They would be crazy to put us in at this point. QB1 is out … and we have no reliable defense. Could it be we are NOT as good as we were prior to Georgia ??? Did that loss take something out of this team ???

None of this crap matters right now. Take care of our business at Vandy is all that resonates. GBO!!!

Nuts!

Reactions: FirstAndGoal
10-2 disappointing? Cotton bowl? When is the last time we made it to a NY6 bowl?

Talking about the matchup. No offense to Tulane, but If we barely make it out of Nashville on Saturday with a win and actually go, it’s a rather uninspiring matchup, imo. A loss would make it that much worse.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Who knows what next year brings but I seriously doubt we are in this same position. Me missed a huge opportunity and I don't think we will be in that position next year.
12 team playoff starts in 2024, so teams like TN will have a chance every year. As long as we win 9 or 10 games every year, we can make it.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Not going to happen. Odds are astronomical, plus they will look at the fact we don't have Hooker. For this to happen, you would be looking for the committee to put in 3 SEC teams. It's the only way, because Bama, a 2 OT road loss to two top 10 teams is getting in before us even if we barely beat them at home, again in OT with a different QB. So you would be looking at OSU most likely, Georgia, Bama and who? For this scenario to be even a conversation, you would have to see the Big 12, Pac 10 and ACC champs drop to 3 losses, because a 2 loss conference champ is also most likely getting the nod.

That would require Oregon, Washington and USC to lose their next game and USC to lose the title game. That would also have to be TCU losing the next two games, making them a 2 loss non champ. Leaving a 3 loss KSU Big 12 champ out and a whoever PAC champ out. They still might get the nod. Then you come over to the ACC. Clemson would have to be stomped by SC at home. That would be big for the Vols. But then UNC would have to lose to NC State and then beat Clemson in the ACC championship. That means the ACC champ has 3 losses. But then you have a one loss Michigan. If they got destroyed by OSU, possibly? But they would have to be completely dismantled and OSU doesn't seem up for it. Still, I see them putting a 1 loss Michigan in before a 2 loss TN who has as a bad loss. But for that to be a conversation the argument would be a 3 loss conference champ, a 1 loss Michigan runner up in their division with one decent win against Penn St., Or a one + one BAD (2) loss sec east division runner up. So unless, Penn St. also loses to Michigan St this week, and Ohio St. loses to Iowa in the Big 10 Championship, I see them sliding in 1 loss Michigan team in.

If I'm Heupel, I'm thinking Vandy. We need to destroy them anyways, but we thought we would do that to SC.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back