We still have a small chance to sneak into playoffs

Only until Saturday.

Not taking a two loss non conf champion who got blown out on national tv, and gave up 9 TDs with only one defensive stop for entire game. I love TN but we don’t deserve a playoff berth.

There was more than bad play on the field Saturday. The body language was poor and those who went to the game said the TN sideline looked different from the “get go.” I wasn’t there but believe it as the play was deplorable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
Maybe if tcu loses there next two, usc loses again, Alabama loses to auburn, clemson loses there next two, lsu loses too Georgia, very unrealistic but a small chance at that lol

Reactions: lexkyvol
It would have been nice to seize the moment and get in, even though we would have probably lost. I think that's a done deal at this point. All that isn't going to happen.

Now now hear me out here......

Maybe this makeup for 2001.

In 2001, Nebraska got d-punched by Colorado 62-36 (very close to 63-38). Due to the chaos of the next week, and you know what I'm talking about *cough* SEC CHAMPIONSHIP * cough* and they ended up in the National Championship game.

Maybe...JUST MAYBE, we can have chaos in the next 2 weeks and we slide into #4. Add to the weirdness. that was Colorado that beat Nebraska in 2001 and we just got spanked by Colorado in basketball in an upset; which.....has nothing to do with anything other than both teams were Colorado so just go with it.

Book it baby (in pencil).
There was only 1 other P5 team without 2 losses that year. That was Oregon and they were like 7th so not a threat at all. We would need major chaos and I mean major. It’s about a 0.0000001% chance and, frankly, we don’t belong. We’re not there, not yet. Soon my Vol brothers and sisters! Soon!

Reactions: VolGirl05 and 08Vol
We just gave up 63 points to South Carolina we aren't going to any playoffs and don't deserve to. Why do you fans do this BS
BVS. I wanted it to happen too. Should have known better than to get my hopes up.. That crap is over, and you could tell Herby and Fowler couldn't have been more happy about it.

All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head

Give it up man.

Not taking a two loss non conf champion who got blown out on national tv, and gave up 9 TDs with only one defensive stop for entire game. I love TN but we don’t deserve a playoff birth.

There was more than bad play on the field Friday. The body language was poor and those who went to the game said the TB sideline looked different from the “get go.” I wasn’t there but believe it as the play was deplorable.
I've seen a few things in my life.

A "playoff birth" would get my attention, however.

Reactions: vol94
All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head
dude....no it wouldn't.

tcu and clemson would have to lose both next week and its conference title game for us to get in along with the pac-12 winner having 2 losses.

that would leave us as the best 2 loss team along with winner and loser of ohio st- mich and uga.

Yea if somehow USC loses twice
TCU loses twice
Clemson loses twice or loses championship
And probably Bama loses
and LSU loses

Love Tennessee however they don’t belong.

You let a team like SC hang 63 on you…….you got no business in the playoff.

This thread is just stupid. A chance at the CFP my a$$. It’s over. Wake up to the reality that an unranked inferior opponent just laid down 63 points on the once upon a time 5th ranked Vols. After the defensive performance on Saturday night the Vols don’t deserve a shot at the CFP. Stop the dreaming BS. It’s over. The team pissed it all away.
Negvol not a true fan probably one of thos3 bandwagon fan that jumped on after Bama.

On TEN continents we don’t have a chance of getting in the playoffs. Even though the method to a championship has changed in recent years, the catalyst has not. Don’t LOSE late in the season.

1669074225505.gif

Put the pipe/bottle down. We're done. Hopefully the Sugar is in play, but the good money is on the Orange bowl. If we go to the Citrus Bowl, that is a 45 minute drive for me, and I would be happy on a personal level, but I am hoping for a NY6.

Toooooo much ground to even come close to think about making up. We will be lucky to remain in the top 10 tomorrow night after that crapshow we put on the field Saturday night. Not to mention it’s only two rankings to go and one is the final ranking, I thought we were done talking about playoffs.

Toooooo much ground to even come close to think about making up. We will be lucky to remain in the top 10 tomorrow night after that crapshow we put on the field Saturday night. Not to mention it’s only two rankings to go and one is the final ranking, I thought we were done talking about playoffs.
we are

Reactions: tennesseepride84

VN Store

Back