We still have a small chance to sneak into playoffs

GBOplayer

All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head

All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head
Michigan is undefeated...

No.

soyouretellingmetheresachance-8.gif

Then Elvis and Michael Jackson could come back from the dead....Elvis could shoot him like a tv for fn his daughter. Id eat a snickers bar and we are IN DAMN IT....?????????????????

The team that is now right back in the thick of it is Alabama, which makes me sick. In fact, if TCU loses, I think they'll sneak into the top 4. I'm doing a 180 from the previous two weeks and am now a huge Horned Frogs fan.

This thread is just stupid. A chance at the CFP my a$$. It’s over. Wake up to the reality that an unranked inferior opponent just laid down 63 points on the once upon a time 5th ranked Vols. After the defensive performance on Saturday night the Vols don’t deserve a shot at the CFP. Stop the dreaming BS. It’s over. The team pissed it all away.

At the risk of triggering those with small children.....

Sorry, brother.

I do appreciate the optimism. I really do.

But no 2-loss team has ever gotten into the playoffs. And I don't think this year will be an exception. undefeateds and one-loss only.

Now, the outside, maybe just tiny itty bitty possibility of an exception to that rule is a 2-loss SEC champion. Yep, I mean LSU. But (a) they're not gonna beat UGa, and (b) even if they were to, I don't think they have much chance of sliding into the playoffs. TCU would have to lose twice (one regular season game and their conference championship), Clemson lose another, and USCw lose. All that on top of LSU beating UGa. Just don't see all those stars aligning.

Far more likely, UGa plus both the winner and maybe loser of OSU/Michigan (the loser taking the path we wanted to take, of sitting out their conference CG and getting invited at 11-1), plus some combination of B12 champ TCU, ACC champ Clemson, and PAC champ USCw will fill all the four spots. That's six viable teams for four spots. Probably four of them will still be -0 or -1 in their win/loss record.

Our Vols, definitely not getting in with 2 losses and no conference championship. Simply won't happen.

Hoping Sugar or Peach Bowl!

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Now now hear me out here......

Maybe this makeup for 2001.

In 2001, Nebraska got d-punched by Colorado 62-36 (very close to 63-38). Due to the chaos of the next week, and you know what I'm talking about *cough* SEC CHAMPIONSHIP * cough* and they ended up in the National Championship game.

Maybe...JUST MAYBE, we can have chaos in the next 2 weeks and we slide into #4. Add to the weirdness. that was Colorado that beat Nebraska in 2001 and we just got spanked by Colorado in basketball in an upset; which.....has nothing to do with anything other than both teams were Colorado so just go with it.

Book it baby (in pencil).

Slim to none. Just enjoy the season for what it is. I personally love all the talking we have gotten. The hate is even better!

VN Store

Back