We still have a small chance to sneak into playoffs

Zero shot at playoff spot. Zero. The only two loss team with a shot is LSU and that requires them to win the SEC and win it big probably.

There will be 2-3 teams undefeated in two weeks and then there are plenty of one loss teams who can ease in.

We will have a decent bowl. It should be a winnable bowl at that.

All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head
I like your optimism, but drunk posting isn’t necessarily a good thing.

All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...if I am CJH, I remind the players we still have alot to play for. As seen this past weekend all the top teams are vulnerable. Michigan could get blown out next week, TCU can still lose in their conference championship, USC still has some tough games, Clemson can lose to a much improved USCjr....that leaves Alabama and LSU ahead of us for the final playoff spot...We would get voted in ahead of them since we beat them head to head

No, we don't. Beat Vandy and get a New Year's bowl game is the ceiling now.

OGC.890b20915ba6e6bd768940a6e7001abb

OP reminds me of a joke about engineers and statisticians...

2 engineers and a stats guy fo duck hunting.
First bird in the air, engineer fires - "Dang just over it".
Second bird in the air, second engineer fires - "Dang just under it".
Stats guy jumps up out of the blind and screams "WE GOT ONE!"

Statistically we have a chance of still making the CFP, I say this as I'm driving to cash in my billion dollar lottery ticket...😒

Reactions: 65YearsAVol
I don't think enough folks recognize what a huge game Vandy is. It will literally be the difference between a tremendous season and a tremendously disappointing season.

Losing to Vandy would suck a lot of the life out of this revival of the program.

These guys, especially in the secondary, better grow a set and at least try to act like they have some pride.

It's over.
Just hoping for a win this weekend to get to 10-2.
Just remember this has been a great year beating Alabama in the 2nd year I hope Milton can finish but Hooker took us and accomplished alot this year. I hate there is drama in the locker room with so mutch to play for just can't believe how all they did and played like crap and it's the drama.

There was only 1 other P5 team without 2 losses that year. That was Oregon and they were like 7th so not a threat at all. We would need major chaos and I mean major. It’s about a 0.0000001% chance and, frankly, we don’t belong. We’re not there, not yet. Soon my Vol brothers and sisters! Soon!
Michigan can only lose 1 so they .. I am not doing this. This is how a Jenks happens.

Reactions: hUTch2002
All is not lost with the loss to USCjr...

la.gif

No, just no.

Don't get me wrong, that Vol offense put on an absolute show this season... BUT

A two-loss team, not in their conference championships game, and just got violently assaulted by SC on national television.

Just thank CJH for getting you into playoff contention faster than anyone thought possible.

Reactions: BreatheUT
That’s why the loss to USCjr was so painful. Next year won’t be the yr with Bama and FL on the rd.

2024- TN will have a redshirt freshman or sophomore QB (Nico) making his first start.

2025- Bama and FL on the road unless SEC changes the schedule due to expansion.

SEC will take two top records for the SEC
Championship game. The winner and most likely the one loss runner up will make the 12 team playoff. I guess the committee could take a third SEC team.

We were so close this yr as everyone unfolded perfectly, including the schedule with FL being down, LSU @ 11am, and the awesome win Vs Bama.

Anyway, time to move forward so Go Vols!

I commend your optimism I’m not gonna beat down someone that believes keep it up

Reactions: VolGirl05
If we get steam rolled by Vandy, someone next monday would post" we still got a chance" and cite some sports person or website. Sheesh,....just let it go.

Thanks for the laugh. We don't even have a chance of getting into the Sugar Bowl let alone the Playoffs.
Yes we do, either Bama loses to auburn and LSU get whipped for a 3rd loss. And we beat Vandy. Or Bama wins out and TCU, USC and Michigan lose and they make it into playoff. We could make orange or sugar if we got help either by Bama losing or getting into playoffs and or LSU losing a 3rd game that would almost for sure put them below us if we win. GBO

dude....no it wouldn't.

tcu and clemson would have to lose both next week and its conference title game for us to get in along with the pac-12 winner having 2 losses.

that would leave us as the best 2 loss team along with winner and loser of ohio st- mich and uga.

That loss put us close to the bottom of the 2 loss P5 teams. We may have the best win of the 2 loss teams but we also have the worst loss. The committee doesn’t just look at box scores, they watch the games. They just watched the most embarrassing defensive performance of a top 5 team in CFB history.

VN Store

Back