‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

i hope franklin doesn’t get us here
Same. Tate I wanted but this kid we absolutely need for our offense. This kid is fast and big enough to be a pain in the ass to bring down. He can play RB, WR, probably could do some returns as well.

I’ve said in the past I’m not worried about Wrs really with this offense but this guy could do so much in this offense. Get this guy and one or both of Mizell (yeah I know not happening) or Benson and get some talent in the trenches and this is a very good class.

Went from feeling great about recruiting to… uh yeah not great. It is imperative we win 8/9 this year.
Let’s not forget we have the best QB recruit in a couple decades for us committed currently. Troublesome thing about five stars is everyone wants them, just going to have to keep swinging.

They have now defined collectives as boosters. Little Nicki cried foul and now Spyre is out on the recruiting front. Once they are enrolled, it's game on. So all NIL talk in regards to high school recruiting should cease. We're not buying or outbidding anybody for high school recruits.

They have now defined collectives as boosters. Little Nicki cried foul and now Spyre is out on the recruiting front. Once they are enrolled, it's game on. So all NIL talk in regards to high school recruiting should cease. We're not buying or outbidding anybody for high school recruits.
which means we won't be competing with the big boys

Oh man NIL is a game changer. It’s gonna level the playing field. Lol. I knew that was BS from the start. It’s exactly like I thought. The rich will get richer while everyone else picks up the scraps. Just like it always has been.

Oh man NIL is a game changer. It’s gonna level the playing field. Lol. I knew that was BS from the start. It’s exactly like I thought. The rich will get richer while everyone else picks up the scraps. Just like it always has been.
No, it was real. You were right.

But Saban the fraud had the rules changed back to preserve his reign of illegal payments with impunity. Without that Saban can't win and his intervention here amounts to a public admission that he's a fraud. So you were right about NIL but wrong about Saban. Saban has rerigged the game.

No, it was real. You were right.

But Saban the fraud had the rules changed back to preserve his reign of illegal payments with impunity. Without that Saban can't win and his intervention here amounts to a public admission that he's a fraud. So you were right about NIL but wrong about Saban. Saban has rerigged the game.

I guess you are right. Either way it screwed us.

You're speaking too soon.
We still have the best QB this cycle committed to us.
Are we going to go all Texas A&M like in 2022? Nah. But they were able to do that because of timing.
The money is still there to be used...

Think about it like this.
We could actually use that rule against itself. If done properly, this could actually make securing the commits we get from flipping late and getting some in the boat early.

It's a timing thing.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
You're speaking too soon.
We still have the best QB this cycle committed to us.
Are we going to go all Texas A&M like in 2022? Nah. But they were able to do that because of timing.
The money is still there to be used...

Think about it like this.
We could actually use that rule against itself. If done properly, this could actually make securing the commits we get from flipping late and getting some in the boat early.

It's a timing thing.
Right now, the only way to flip it is for recruits to see our current players getting big money, and let the players tell them that's what's waiting for them when they step on campus.

Right now, the only way to flip it is for recruits to see our current players getting big money, and let the players tell them that's what's waiting for them when they step on campus.
Yeah, OSU tweeted out just the other day that their student athletes had received over 1,000 NIL deals. That's pretty crazy. I hate this whole culture, but only when we're losing at it. ;)

Yeah, OSU tweeted out just the other day that their student athletes had received over 1,000 NIL deals. That's pretty crazy. I hate this whole culture, but only when we're losing at it. ;)
I also saw where their QB recently got a Bentley in a NIL deal and traded it in for a Mercedes G Wagon. I hope they fall flat this season, but it's not likely.

Yep. And I was wrong. Wasn’t the first time and won’t be the last.
Tate always wanted to be at OSU. He used us as leverage and OSU came thru. Just the way the game is played these days. It's going to be quite some time before we start recruiting and winning against Bama, UGA and OSU's of the college football world. Need to do more with less. Biggest need is great coaching, great evaluations and great development.

Reactions: valoisvol
the Tate recruitment proves that NIL isn't the ONLY factor. is anyone paying attention? if NIL was THE factor, then he'd of committed here. that he didn't, and gave OSU--the program he originally wanted to go to and has the longest/best relationships with--the opportunity to more or less match us tells you he still valued those relationships. they got close enough to us, and he went where he wanted to begin with.

i'd bet that for about 80% of the prospects out there, that NIL deals will be lucrative enough to really matter, they'll be able to garner deals in and around the same ball park from their top 3-5 programs.

so ultimately when all things are more or less equal, recruiting will come down to the same things it's always come down to....will it negatively affect some programs that simply can't get in to the ball park? sure.

but i have learned one things so far...........we're in the ball park. and that's a good place to start.

I also saw where their QB recently got a Bentley in a NIL deal and traded it in for a Mercedes G Wagon. I hope they fall flat this season, but it's not likely.
SI had an article this weekend saying Hartline picked up WR recruits in a Lamborghini.

I think Hartline looks was somewhat exposed in this ordeal. He did think someone else could put dude in the league, but he seemed to doubt his only abilities in the event that he might have to "coach up" the next man up. I was mildly amused by his panic.

Correction: It was in a homer site called "Buckeyes Now."

Last edited:
Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back