Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

Of course the uniforms aren't why we lost!!! Duh! But we lose more times then not (and usually get routed) when we do this. I don't see AL, USC, (GA), etc. chasing these trends. And honestly nothing in sports looks as good as us in our traditional hone uniforms anyway

usatsi_15384730.jpg

USATSI_5521158-620x544-610x535.jpg

t_b58631fe1d06455c917ba94e01b3280a_name_6ded0d4ac724475cb19618bb70ae6f9e_scaled.jpg

Stop it! Honestly, what's our record in these things through the years? "Yeah but the players like em and voted for em" So what!? There's lots of things the players, the fans, etc. would vote for. Doesn't mean we do them. We are a traditional powerhouse. We have an incredible amount of history & wins in our traditional uniforms- white pants, road white shirts, orange home shirts. Period. Let the schools with no tradition- Louisville, MS St, etc. play games with their uniforms.
I’m sure the team had input. It’s not why we lost. I do love traditional Orange and White.

Wouldn't have mattered what they wore yesterday. Outclassed and overmatched. I don't get into the checker Neyland Deal or whatever the phenomenon is with black uniforms. Getting ran off your own field in those spiffy uni's doesn't help anything IMO.

The uniforms aren't why we're losing. And you left out orange pants, which are also historical.

Also are they really THAT gimmicky? The Smokey Greys and this year's black uniforms are basically the same uniforms just grey/black. We haven't gone crazy like Oregon and Oklahoma St. where they have a different look almost every game.
How can you say that it is the same uniform, just a different color? Our colors are orange and white and I just don’t understand how anyone can even fathom changing them. I hope all people who would ever consider such a dastardly deed really enjoy themselves rooting for the Big Black !

Reactions: T_Vol376
Stop it! Honestly, what's our record in these things through the years? "Yeah but the players like em and voted for em" So what!? There's lots of things the players, the fans, etc. would vote for. Doesn't mean we do them. We are a traditional powerhouse. We have an incredible amount of history & wins in our traditional uniforms- white pants, road white shirts, orange home shirts. Period. Let the schools with no tradition- Louisville, MS St, etc. play games with their uniforms.
Oh good grief, such a stupid argument. You act like the uniforms make or break the game. Quit worrying so much about what we look like (like a 15 year old girl would) and start caring more about the Jimmys and Joes that make it or break it. Such an old schtick complaint just to have a chance to start a thread.

Very telling that the only LIKE so far is from someone named grandpa 🤣

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Such a stupid argument. Like we’re losing games because of the color of our uniform 😂
Tell me, what’s our record in the past 20 years against the big 3 rivals while wearing Orange and white? Use your brain. If you don’t like them that’s fine, but stop with the brain dead win/loss argument.

I never said it's why we lost. Wake up sleepy.

First off it's not about you a FAN. These boys love them and it's a recruiting ploy. Kids loves it and these are the kids we watch. If you don't like it get over it. Hate to tell you this but IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. It's about the kids!!!!!!!!!! Grow up

Reactions: CSVol and 007Racer

tyttpGWyEbQZHzOflcY.gif

I remember how just a few short years ago we lost 60-0 at home to Alabama while wearing our traditional orange and white. I’ll make sure to alert the equipment managers to burn those, too. They’re cursed!

Orange and White is our brand. Historically powerful schools like Penn State, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc, do not change uniforms on a momentary populist whim. Stick with the brand and build a great football team product: everything will fall in place one that is done.

Sit down and shut the hell up, Karen. It’s just a uniform 🤦🏻‍♂️

I hate to tell you this but we could’ve wore the Alabama uniforms and we would’ve lost 😆. Don’t get wrapped up in that.

seth-meyers-late-night-seth.gif

When the traditional powers of college football (think: Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Southern Cal etc.) begin to b*stardize their unis then I'll relent and say ok to whatever garish combination they come up with for the Vols. Until then Tennessee's colors are Orange (PMS151) and White. That means no grays, no blacks, no baby blues. Unless, of course, you fanboys want to shift our slogan to "Go Big Pastel Blues!"

Last night was the first time we have lost in the black jerseys. The jerseys have nothing to do with it though.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Such a stupid argument. Like we’re losing games because of the color of our uniform 😂
Tell me, what’s our record in the past 20 years against the big 3 rivals while wearing Orange and white? Use your brain. If you don’t like them that’s fine, but stop with the brain dead win/loss argument.
Yes how dumb. The color of our uniforms had nothing to do with our loss. Everybody knows we lost because Peyton was at the game.;)

Shut up, not a single one of these kids knows Tennessee as a powerhouse and uniforms aren't for us as fans. Yeah I prefer Orange and White but it's not about us now is it?

Reactions: CSVol
I think the votes of the players and staff putting in the work and giving their all, just might outweigh your opinion.

They aren't hurting nothing, if anything it helps.

Reactions: CSVol
this was our biggest recruiting weekend.

VN Store

Back