Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

You really just like using that “not winning” phrase, huh… what a miserable existence…
People act like the alternate uniforms are a difference maker. They are not. We are 0-2 this year and recruits are not attracted to them. Show me where I am wrong.

You are not winning. Put on our traditional orange and act like you have a program. There is no way the uniforms make a difference on the field but we are not winning by using these gimmicks and it has no effect on recruiting. If black uniforms were a difference maker then Vandy would have a crapload of SEC trophies.
Or wear hot pink and neon orange and score more than the other guys and watch people not give a damn about what color the uniform is...

People act like the alternate uniforms are a difference maker. They are not. We are 0-2 this year and recruits are not attracted to them. Show me where I am wrong.

Well one place you’re wrong is we are 1 & 1 not 0 - 2… we wore them against South Carolina, so there’s that…

Also, most recruits acted like they liked them… so there’s also that.

You do realize we won the first game we played in those right?????? So, I just proved you were wrong....will you just shut the fukup now?

Here’s a thought… & one I think society would do well to hold on to… the world… it don’t revolve around you (or me or any other person walking the face of this earth), so just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean someone else can’t; in fact the world would be a very boring place if we all held the same opinions on everything…

Stop it! Honestly, what's our record in these things through the years? "Yeah but the players like em and voted for em" So what!? There's lots of things the players, the fans, etc. would vote for. Doesn't mean we do them. We are a traditional powerhouse. We have an incredible amount of history & wins in our traditional uniforms- white pants, road white shirts, orange home shirts. Period. Let the schools with no tradition- Louisville, MS St, etc. play games with their uniforms.

The uniforms aren't why we're losing. And you left out orange pants, which are also historical.

Also are they really THAT gimmicky? The Smokey Greys and this year's black uniforms are basically the same uniforms just grey/black. We haven't gone crazy like Oregon and Oklahoma St. where they have a different look almost every game.

Stop it! Honestly, what's our record in these things through the years? "Yeah but the players like em and voted for em" So what!? There's lots of things the players, the fans, etc. would vote for. Doesn't mean we do them. We are a traditional powerhouse. We have an incredible amount of history & wins in our traditional uniforms- white pants, road white shirts, orange home shirts. Period. Let the schools with no tradition- Louisville, MS St, etc. play games with their uniforms.

Such a stupid argument. Like we’re losing games because of the color of our uniform 😂
Tell me, what’s our record in the past 20 years against the big 3 rivals while wearing Orange and white? Use your brain. If you don’t like them that’s fine, but stop with the brain dead win/loss argument.

Personally I like our traditional. But if the kids want to wear them and vote for them I’m cool with it. Face it Georgia was way to deep for us to beat them . I love our team and the direction were headed. The kids play hard for 60 full minutes. Just have to recruit depth.

Such a stupid argument. Like we’re losing games because of the color of our uniform 😂
Tell me, what’s our record in the past 20 years against the big 3 rivals while wearing Orange and white? Use your brain. If you don’t like them that’s fine, but stop with the brain dead win/loss argument.

Lol this.

It's like when people say the orange pants are "cursed" and we always lose in them; I'm like the past 15 years we've primarily worn white pants and lost a ton of games in them so are they "cursed" too?

I wouldn't mind them wearing the traditional orange top and white pants at home with maybe some minor tweaks in the design. Maybe some cool white stripes on the sleeves and how about an orange/white checkboard stripe on the side of the pants.

I wouldn't mind them wearing the traditional orange top and white pants at home with maybe some minor tweaks in the design. Maybe some cool white stripes on the sleeves and how about an orange/white checkboard stripe on the side of the pants.

So basically the Butch Jones uniforms?

No thanks for me, give me the classic double pants stripes.

8826851-ncaa-football-tennessee-at-florida.jpeg

Personally I like our traditional. But if the kids want to wear them and vote for them I’m cool with it. Face it Georgia was way to deep for us to beat them . I love our team and the direction were headed. The kids play hard for 60 full minutes. Just have to recruit depth.
I think this is the problem challenge. To me building lines with good depth is like building a big building or anything heavy, it starts with a good foundation that usually takes nearly as long to accomplish as the usable building does. I feel for us to come close to where we want our lines to be (ref. Ga. Bama, Ohio St., etc.) will take 3-5 years. You can come up with good (not great) skill players in a year or two (by recruiting AND transfers) but to develop (that is the time taker) a team of lineman that fit your needs requires building body strength AND smarts. Not gonna happen over night. But we will get there with patience.

Of course the uniforms aren't why we lost!!! Duh! But we lose more times then not (and usually get routed) when we do this. I don't see AL, USC, (GA), etc. chasing these trends. And honestly nothing in sports looks as good as us in our traditional hone uniforms anyway

I liked 'em. Just wish they'd spring for black helmets and orange face masks. And we do have black in our history....
1636900589137.png

Maybe we have the cart before the horse, maybe make the alternative uniforms a reward. Beat a Georgia or Alabama and you get to wear the “cool” uniform the NEXT week.

Reactions: TennEddie

VN Store

Back