Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

I don’t understand the white helmet with our black uniforms. Why not make the whole outfit uniform and go with black helmet orange power T. I think a matte black helmet would look smooth.

Reactions: bigeasy
Not that he needs any added credibility around these parts, but can confirm DP's statements on the uniforms this year. Barring supply chain issues, we should see a few new pieces on the field this season.

Order's been placed to Riddell for black helmets to go with the "Dark Mode" unis, as well as for a brand-new alternate helmet. Smokey Gray's also returning as an option. Unsure if different from previous Smokey Gray's, but do know that Gemini will be doing some sort of decoration on them (same group who did LSU's purple/gold color changing helmets a few years ago)

I freely admit I'm now a grumpy old cuss that no longer recognizes the world, so it will be no surprise that I don't want to see black or grey uniforms. And if it was up to me there'd be no water breaks at practice. Just give 'em salt tablets and tell 'em not to be pussies.

Not that he needs any added credibility around these parts, but can confirm DP's statements on the uniforms this year. Barring supply chain issues, we should see a few new pieces on the field this season.

Order's been placed to Riddell for black helmets to go with the "Dark Mode" unis, as well as for a brand-new alternate helmet. Smokey Gray's also returning as an option. Unsure if different from previous Smokey Gray's, but do know that Gemini will be doing some sort of decoration on them (same group who did LSU's purple/gold color changing helmets a few years ago)
I was looking at the online Volshop yesterday and noticed that most of the newly released Nike pullovers and shirts have the old Vol Star logo and the interlocking UT logo. I’m really hoping that we do an alternate throwback or Faux back . Really like the idea that the same people who work on LSU’s alternate unis are helping w/ ours. LSU’s alternates have all been good.

I don’t understand the white helmet with our black uniforms. Why not make the whole outfit uniform and go with black helmet orange power T. I think a matte black helmet would look smooth.
Everyone does the matte helmet with black unis, almost overdone now. I actually like the white helmet with black, gives a cool old school new school mix up... there you have it, that's my worthless 2 cents 🤙

Okay so we'll have two alternate uniforms. Really great that we got the black helmet to go with the dark mode because the white helmet with that was an abomination.

I also hope we don't see the unis more than twice. Don't like the idea of us always wearing alternates in big games.

Okay so we'll have two alternate uniforms. Really great that we got the black helmet to go with the dark mode because the white helmet with that was an abomination.

I also hope we don't see the unis more than twice. Don't like the idea of us always wearing alternates in big games.

As long as we see every combo at least once, I'm fine, but I'll admit seeing the all orange 3 times last year was pretty awesome. I don't want to see the black or grey uniforms more than 1 game. I thought the black uniforms twice was too much.

So the brand-new alternate helmet has to be a orange base color or a 2 tone combo am I right? We already have a white, black, and smokey grey base color. That's pretty much the only thing it could be? Unless you are referring to new decals sets to go on existing helmets. I have seen DP refer to this as well and the only base color we don't currently have is orange unless they go way out of the box and come up with a color that's not traditional to UT.

Reactions: SickEmSmokey14
As long as we see every combo at least once, I'm fine, but I'll admit seeing the all orange 3 times last year was pretty awesome. I don't want to see the black or grey uniforms more than 1 game. I thought the black uniforms twice was too much.
I don’t think we should ever wear black or Gray versus Florida, UGA or Bama. We should definitely not have worn an alternate for UGA. I’m a big advocate of the orange pants for our biggest rivals. Home or away.

I was looking at the online Volshop yesterday and noticed that most of the newly released Nike pullovers and shirts have the old Vol Star logo and the interlocking UT logo. I’m really hoping that we do an alternate throwback or Faux back . Really like the idea that the same people who work on LSU’s alternate unis are helping w/ ours. LSU’s alternates have all been good.

That is their custom line with classic logos. All of the actual sideline gear will only feature the Power T or the "Tennessee" wordmark.

We’ve also had a tendency to get our a** handed to us in the orange and white for the past 15 years.

Lol reminds me of the posts that come out when we talk about orange pants and people say they are cursed because we lost some games in them; as if white pants have had a great track record the past 15-20 years either.

Reactions: 615vols
Does anyone else think the front of the jersey is too cluttered? I wish it was just orange jersey, numbers, and stripes on sleeves. No Nike, No SEC just pure Tennessee

VN Store

Back