Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

Last night, one of my little kids asked if teams would be allowed to wear jerseys with vertical black and white stripes.

Maybe that could be UT's silent editorial comment on SEC officiating next time we play Alabama.

Football recruits, basketball recruits, baseball recruits, all kinds of recruits

Were losing all the recruits on our own.. I doubt us taking away gimmicks is going to make it worse. On the bright side at least vandy will keep us from being dead last. Its really hard to lose recruits when you dont have any lol

Stop it! Honestly, what's our record in these things through the years? "Yeah but the players like em and voted for em" So what!? There's lots of things the players, the fans, etc. would vote for. Doesn't mean we do them. We are a traditional powerhouse. We have an incredible amount of history & wins in our traditional uniforms- white pants, road white shirts, orange home shirts. Period. Let the schools with no tradition- Louisville, MS St, etc. play games with their uniforms.

Who cares… outcome the same regardless

Basketball hasn't worn an alternate since the ugly ass gray ones in 2015. They have zero issue getting recruits.

I thought getting embarrassed on national tv with cute uniforms on while playing in a cute checkered stadium was the key to recruiting. Make sure bama, uga, clemson etc dont find out. Id hate for us to lose our magical edge in recruiting haha

I like the traditional look as well.
However if the kids like the black / gray etc have one alternate. Wear them one game per year.

Let the team vote what game to wear them ( one game). Don't put so much emphasis on it.
Spend more time scheming to win verses looking at alternative uniform designs.

If the players like it, let’s do it. I still prefer the home Orange jerseys with White pants.

Stop it! Honestly, what's our record in these things through the years? "Yeah but the players like em and voted for em" So what!? There's lots of things the players, the fans, etc. would vote for. Doesn't mean we do them. We are a traditional powerhouse. We have an incredible amount of history & wins in our traditional uniforms- white pants, road white shirts, orange home shirts. Period. Let the schools with no tradition- Louisville, MS St, etc. play games with their uniforms.
We don't win or lose games because of uniforms.

Reactions: NEO
Not your call.

So because we used to be good we should never change seems to be your argument. Innovation is the key to advancement and either move with it or get left behind.

Yeah, who cares what the players want. You know, the ones who actually play the game. SMDH

Crazy idea 1: The game isn't about us.
Crazy idea 2: Things change over time.

There are immutable, unchangeable parts of being a Volunteer. Uniform color isn't one of them.

Black and Orange is a good look.

They have been making black hats and ties for decades so I don’t see the issue.

The players love the uni's......

Give it a rest. My God!
A lot on here don’t think the players are people, they are just here for fans’ entertainment. If a player doesn’t contribute to the football team in the way these fans want, these pos fans attack the player.

‘Who cares if the players like the uniform?!??! I’m a fat toothless hillbilly that never went to UT and I like “tradition”!!!!!’

You can’t talk to these people.

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back