'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

. ZE seems like a pretty quiet, straightforward guy.

You realize this has been possibly the most bizarre recruitment of the last ten years. He has had two physical altercations with his high school coaches. Managed to get sent home and not allowed to play in a state championship game over a cell phone dispute. A cell phone. We'd never heard of such an animal 40 years ago, not to mention that playing in a state championship game is something few of us ever get to experience and d@#n phone would not get in the way. His priorities are, to be generous, questionable.

Not to mention the fact that he signed, yes SIGNED, an LOI and was still turned away after already being told hold off on a public commit earlier in the fall. A number of adjectives come to mind, but "quiet and straightforward" are not among them.

You realize this has been possibly the most bizarre recruitment of the last ten years. He has had two physical altercations with his high school coaches. Managed to get sent home and not allowed to play in a state championship game over a cell phone dispute. A cell phone. We'd never heard of such an animal 40 years ago, not to mention that playing in a state championship game is something few of us ever get to experience and d@#n phone would not get in the way. His priorities are, to be generous, questionable.

Not to mention the fact that he signed, yes SIGNED, an LOI and was still turned away after already being told hold off on a public commit earlier in the fall. A number of adjectives come to mind, but "quiet and straightforward" are not among them.

Didn’t Najee Harris do the same thing? As far as drawing the recruitment out? Not issue wise

Agree. A lot that may change with a change of scenery but quiet and straightforward aren’t the words I would use to describe him

Last name is Evans and no. Most believe he is leaning Florida right now. His latest thing is he wants to see some of the spring games.

None of this says he isn't a quiet and straightforward guy. You've only presented evidence he has had conflicts.

I just think he won't mesh with Mehlen. They seem like polar opposites.

Ya. This guy has "transfer portal" written all over him. There's no way I'm giving this guy the keys to the bentley. As soon as something doesn't go his way he will "Jalen Hurd" the hell out of Knoxville.

Ya. This guy has "transfer portal" written all over him. There's no way I'm giving this guy the keys to the bentley. As soon as something doesn't go his way he will "Jalen Hurd" the hell out of Knoxville.

Not really fair to Jalen Hurd. He played hard for the Vols. He wanted to be here. He and Kamara could have been an incredible and productive running back duo like Cobb-Webb if they had a decent coach.

Not really fair to Jalen Hurd. He played hard for the Vols. He wanted to be here. He and Kamara could have been an incredible and productive running back duo like Cobb-Webb if they had a decent coach.
he wanted to be here til he didn't. but you're correct, that wasn't necessarily all on Hurd. CBJ and some broken promises had a lot to do with it.

in any event, evans and hurd aren't really comparable.

but no one should ever let that get in the way of pushing agendas or narratives.................................................

Why do I get the feeling that Zach Evans and Lane Kiffin were meant for each other? He may be the Ole Miss Nuke Richardson.

@de1conley sorry for the random bump, but is Jabari Small closer to the 177 as listed on Rivals or more towards the 190’s like on 247?

Also, if he is more towards the 190’s I hope he gains 20 or more pounds and becomes a 5’10 210+ bowling ball lol. But like others have said (I think) I feel like he is a Gray type.

I honestly think this kid could be the best back from this class, regardless if Whitehead stays there.

My eye test says 177 and i don't really see him getting to 210 at all. I see him being a jitterbug slot/ jet sweep type similar to how Mechole Hardeman was at UGA. I could be wrong but its just my opinion.

Anyone making a Jalen Hurd negative comment has no and I mean ZERO knowledge of that situation. So let me bring you up to par because my son or a kid i was connected to would've had my approval to leave also. Jalen was talking to Lying Jones and BeDord about more I formation/ pro style plays along with lining up at Wr some with Kamara at Rb vs all the pistol and single back stuff due lack of lead blocking due to concussions and having to work so hard on run plays. Well they promised this and prscticed it but it never manifested on Game Days. Then in the S. Carolina game, IIRC right) he got a concussion and Lying Jones made him go back in and he was having a major headache issue. So after talking to his family he decided enough was enough. The idiot HC who lied about everything twisted the story and fans turned on Hurd. In today's world you have to look out for yourself and your future because all a lot of these new age coaches do is look out for their jobs.

Anyone making a Jalen Hurd negative comment has no and I mean ZERO knowledge of that situation. So let me bring you up to par because my son or a kid i was connected to would've had my approval to leave also. Jalen was talking to Lying Jones and BeDord about more I formation/ pro style plays along with lining up at Wr some with Kamara at Rb vs all the pistol and single back stuff due lack of lead blocking due to concussions and having to work so hard on run plays. Well they promised this and prscticed it but it never manifested on Game Days. Then in the S. Carolina game, IIRC right) he got a concussion and Lying Jones made him go back in and he was having a major headache issue. So after talking to his family he decided enough was enough. The idiot HC who lied about everything twisted the story and fans turned on Hurd. In today's world you have to look out for yourself and your future because all a lot of these new age coaches do is look out for their jobs.
Tell us how you really feel about Coach Jones.

And I always wondered what Hurd’s mom meant about that “it’ll get out someday” comment when people were saying he was the third best running back on the team. I always thought his best position was WR but he did so well at RB. I don’t think anybody thought Kamara was as good as he was because of chronic underuse.

Makes me feel so much better about the current staff and how Coach Graham uses his RBs. Same plays (mostly) but different skill sets.

Butch was a liar and Hurd was a quitter. Both things can be true.

Tell us how you really feel about Coach Jones.

And I always wondered what Hurd’s mom meant about that “it’ll get out someday” comment when people were saying he was the third best running back on the team. I always thought his best position was WR but he did so well at RB. I don’t think anybody thought Kamara was as good as he was because of chronic underuse.

Makes me feel so much better about the current staff and how Coach Graham uses his RBs. Same plays (mostly) but different skill sets.

Man Lying Jones is why Jay left anyways. There are lots of stories i could tell. Hell i could write a book on the Lyle Lying Jones chronicles. That dude was a real true wolf in sheep clothing. Came to my business and blatantly lied to my face to get a recruit then screwed the kid over for 2.5 yrs. Kid is a pro now and said he never saw coaching until his Sr yr and Lying Jones was gone. Kid praised the new staff with CJP for building confidence in the players that were constantly lied on and torn down and got the to the NFL. The players bodies were bad and many had to do things outside the program for speed and weight training. It was an utter embarrassment.

VN Store

Back