'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Anyone making a Jalen Hurd negative comment has no and I mean ZERO knowledge of that situation. So let me bring you up to par because my son or a kid i was connected to would've had my approval to leave also. Jalen was talking to Lying Jones and BeDord about more I formation/ pro style plays along with lining up at Wr some with Kamara at Rb vs all the pistol and single back stuff due lack of lead blocking due to concussions and having to work so hard on run plays. Well they promised this and prscticed it but it never manifested on Game Days. Then in the S. Carolina game, IIRC right) he got a concussion and Lying Jones made him go back in and he was having a major headache issue. So after talking to his family he decided enough was enough. The idiot HC who lied about everything twisted the story and fans turned on Hurd. In today's world you have to look out for yourself and your future because all a lot of these new age coaches do is look out for their jobs.
Concussion occurred against UGA and the offset I deal is something I’ve believed and stated since before the 16 season...THE major reason DeBord “retired” before taking the Indiana OC position after Butch reneged.

Anyone making a Jalen Hurd negative comment has no and I mean ZERO knowledge of that situation. So let me bring you up to par because my son or a kid i was connected to would've had my approval to leave also. Jalen was talking to Lying Jones and BeDord about more I formation/ pro style plays along with lining up at Wr some with Kamara at Rb vs all the pistol and single back stuff due lack of lead blocking due to concussions and having to work so hard on run plays. Well they promised this and prscticed it but it never manifested on Game Days. Then in the S. Carolina game, IIRC right) he got a concussion and Lying Jones made him go back in and he was having a major headache issue. So after talking to his family he decided enough was enough. The idiot HC who lied about everything twisted the story and fans turned on Hurd. In today's world you have to look out for yourself and your future because all a lot of these new age coaches do is look out for their jobs.
He didnt travel to USCjr. You're thinking about UGA where he was loafing and got popped in the mouth. That wasnt a concussion from running, it was from him jogging to the endzone without knowing his surroundings after the catch.

He didnt travel to USCjr. You're thinking about UGA where he was loafing and got popped in the mouth. That wasnt a concussion from running, it was from him jogging to the endzone without knowing his surroundings after the catch.
He shows stats that game. Wasn't he sidelined and either JK or CFA had to come in for him and he fumbled?

Edit: it was CFA. AK was already out that game. JK started taking more of the carries. He needed a breather and Hurd wouldn't go back in. CFA came in and knocked the ball out of Joshua's hand as he was trying to pass.

Lines up with deconley's post.

Last edited:
Man Lying Jones is why Jay left anyways. There are lots of stories i could tell. Hell i could write a book on the Lyle Lying Jones chronicles. That dude was a real true wolf in sheep clothing. Came to my business and blatantly lied to my face to get a recruit then screwed the kid over for 2.5 yrs. Kid is a pro now and said he never saw coaching until his Sr yr and Lying Jones was gone. Kid praised the new staff with CJP for building confidence in the players that were constantly lied on and torn down and got the to the NFL. The players bodies were bad and many had to do things outside the program for speed and weight training. It was an utter embarrassment.
I always wonder what CJP could’ve done with jalen Hurd.

He didn't travel to aTm....which was the game after UGA.....he played against USCjr...
He played after fumbling from failing to see the guy on his blind side in the UGA game....other guys have made similar mistakes in their careers....
Danielson talked about it during the game quite a lot...and gave Hurd some slack.

Hurd started the 2nd half and scored a TD on a pass from Dobbs in the 3rd QTR if memory serves....and his teammates surrounded him with congratulations after than score...some time later in the 3rd he hit his head on the ground and didn't play again until Berry's KO return right before the Dobb-Nail boot.

You can check it all out on youtube video of the complete game.....Danielson even made it a point during the broadcast to identify the play where he thought Hurd got hurt with a concussion in the 3rd QTR...

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Fair, but considering the way I felt about Butch, it's hard for me to hate on a 21 yr old pursuing happiness/health elsewhere.
Sure, that’s certainly your prerogative. But understand it was Hurd’s ego, and Butch’s fear of hurting it, that largely resulted in an NFL All-Pro holding a clipboard on the sideline.

Maybe people should just stop bringing him up?

It’s part of our history, like it or not. He is going to come up from time to time. We are still digging out of the mess he had a big part in making.

I get the desire to move on, and we should, but to expect Lyle to suddenly become a forgotten topic is a little premature.

It’s part of our history, like it or not. He is going to come up from time to time. We are still digging out of the mess he had a big part in making.

I get the desire to move on, and we should, but to expect Lyle to suddenly become a forgotten topic is a little premature.
There are no new takes on it so yeah it's time to move on.

I think most of the anger about Jones is the failure of the promise. He was dazzling us with recruiting ratings and we loved his enthusiasm, but in the end he was all flash and no substance. He didn't develop the players and he didn't really have a "process", a methodology that he could fall back on. He didn't have a blueprint for what he wanted to build.

He also got lucky with a miracle worker in Josh Dobbs. I've been following Tennessee football for over 50 yers now and I've seen some great QBs. ( I've personally believed T.Rob was the best of them all. He could run, could throw and could read a defense.as well as Peyton with the difference that Peyton would audible a running play to a different hole when he saw a blitz while T.Rob always went for the home run.) But now I believe that Josh was the greatest in doing something with nothing. Josh hid Jones's faults.

Back to Jones, when we realized that he didn't really know how to run a team, the bitterness and disappointment was overwhelming. He had the facilities, he had the buzz, he just didn't know how to build a team. And then he does the worst thing he could have done, get his buyout and take a position with Bama. Classless, especially the postgame with the cigar showing up the very kids he recruited. He doesn't realize it ,but he's probably ruined his chances at another decent job because no AD wants a repeat of that.

I understand the pain and the anger, but you know, it just lets him be relevant when he's done nothing to earn it.

Sure, that’s certainly your prerogative. But understand it was Hurd’s ego, and Butch’s fear of hurting it, that largely resulted in an NFL All-Pro holding a clipboard on the sideline.
What a terrible take on the situation. CBJ was paid $millions to manage the football program. He had 2 future NFL players at RB and couldn’t figure out a way to consistently get them both on the field at the same time and get the most out of their collective talent. The blame is 100% on the highly paid coach. He’s paid to lead these young men and develop those individuals into a team and he failed miserably.

Butch raised Jalen? Honestly, at 18, you're your own man. Jalen was resp for how he handled things. Ultimately what happened happened and he was right.

Butch is a b****.

Reactions: rgvol
I think most of the anger about Jones is the failure of the promise. He was dazzling us with recruiting ratings and we loved his enthusiasm, but in the end he was all flash and no substance. He didn't develop the players and he didn't really have a "process", a methodology that he could fall back on. He didn't have a blueprint for what he wanted to build.

He also got lucky with a miracle worker in Josh Dobbs. I've been following Tennessee football for over 50 yers now and I've seen some great QBs. ( I've personally believed T.Rob was the best of them all. He could run, could throw and could read a defense.as well as Peyton with the difference that Peyton would audible a running play to a different hole when he saw a blitz while T.Rob always went for the home run.) But now I believe that Josh was the greatest in doing something with nothing. Josh hid Jones's faults.

Back to Jones, when we realized that he didn't really know how to run a team, the bitterness and disappointment was overwhelming. He had the facilities, he had the buzz, he just didn't know how to build a team. And then he does the worst thing he could have done, get his buyout and take a position with Bama. Classless, especially the postgame with the cigar showing up the very kids he recruited. He doesn't realize it ,but he's probably ruined his chances at another decent job because no AD wants a repeat of that.

I understand the pain and the anger, but you know, it just lets him be relevant when he's done nothing to earn it.
Good post. The reason that other programs are not going to be interested in him is the altercation with Mac Crowder and the Title IX issues the university had to make huge payouts for. He also intentionally tanked the program at the end and the program lost 8 games in a season for the first time. I see him as a sad little person and nothing more.

What a terrible take on the situation. CBJ was paid $millions to manage the football program. He had 2 future NFL players at RB and couldn’t figure out a way to consistently get them both on the field at the same time and get the most out of their collective talent. The blame is 100% on the highly paid coach. He’s paid to lead these young men and develop those individuals into a team and he failed miserably.
Butch Jones was a disaster and Hurd a diva. You may not like it, but that’s reality.

VN Store

Back