Transfer Portal 21-22

The thing players need to keep in mind is that, these days, it seems injuries to teammates are inevitable, and those "next woman up" opportunities are almost always going to be there.

Several years ago I remember there was one player, Faith Dupree, who transferred to UTC because she was convinced she wasn't going to get any pt, only for it to have become obvious that she would have gotten plenty after an injury to another player -- IF she had stayed.

Some of you may be thinking, "Faith Dupree? Never heard of her."

Exactly. She prematurely gave up her #LVFL status to go play in front of hundreds of fans and her career stalled completely.

Is this like you're thing now? LOL, you said the same thing about Rickea. So i gotta ask (and will ask again because you know me lol) is this your way of reversing what you want so it happens or do you not really see her coming here lol
I’m just saying this from a 1. 2022-2023 Roster perspective and 2. The WER account is never right 😂 I honestly don’t remember saying anything about Rickea and yes I am saying it won’t happen so I can see it happen lol 😆

The lil birdies and connies sitting on pens & needles right now with all this good ole LV activity going on via social media. S.Carolina act like they have so much authority after winning Nat’l title number #2👀.
Or on the other hand after reaching a gifted wrapped title game where UConn scored just 49 points lol.
S.Carolina just loss a future star in Saniya Rivers and that’s regardless of where she’s headed.
I’ll point this out while I’m at it, folks too many supposedly LV fans are straddling the fence with fake love… these pretenders on VN & some of the Twitter crew! Gotta stop letting that crap slide.. either you ride with your team or not. There’s no in the middle.
Kissing up to fans from other teams that watch their fan base disrespect yours is weak! Call it cranky or whatever I don’t care. I’m a real one! No fake love in my blood!
Now back to the point, something has Coach Sam pretty excited right now based on her recent activity.. and I love how the true basketball fans as well as parents interact with Coach Sam & Coach Joy. Also Coach KH going to the WNBA draft to support Rae Burrell was not only genuine but a great look for the LV community.
I mean, some of the pretenders on here haven’t even put together a sentence to acknowledge Rae Burrell going #9 to LA 🍊💯!
🗣🗣🗣ALL OF THIS!!!

Something makes me wonder whether the announcement (prediction) is legit or whether someone is trolling the LV fan base just to get their jollies off. It sure is getting posts whether it is true or not. Just wondering what Kellie's plan is.

It's the offseason. What ELSE are we gonna do with our time if not obsess over any tidbit of real or imagined LV intel? 🤣

Something makes me wonder whether the announcement (prediction) is legit or whether someone is trolling the LV fan base just to get their jollies off. It sure is getting posts whether it is true or not. Just wondering what Kellie's plan is.
It's all speculative until the player/school announces. Raoul seems to be the one first out of the gate with the breaking news, with the official announcement following shortly. WER...not so much. I'd put more stock into it if he was the one who posted something, but anything can happen.

On a side note, Maryland signed Abby Meyers from Princeton today...hoping to recapture the Katie Benzan Ivy League Magic In A Bottle from the last two years.

Maryland shaping up to be yet another team full of guards and wings, but no post players...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I posted earlier.. Pat never shied away from getting the best talent and Kellie learned from her. I think Kaiya would rise to the occasion and carve herself a role. We as fans i think worry about the players probably more than the players worry about themselves lol. I love Kaiya and her love for this program i believe she would find a way to get better and on the court
I agree. And Kellie, like Pat, encourages healthy competition between her players to get the best out of them.

Any insiders hear if Saniya has been shopping in Knoxville? She'd set them up nicely in the post Horston/Jackson/Key era! She didn't show it this year, but she's gonna be a star.
We have the coaching staff to make it happen! Horston is now what we all expected her to be and for some reason I don’t think she’s done climbing. I also expect Key to be on that level next season. If there’s an opportunity for Rivers I’d say we take it…

She has that part of PAT and that's y recruits are falling in. The whole world saw how she fought every big team with 4 key players injured.
A good bit of the basketball world also saw the joy after Freshman Sara’s big 3 which helped us get to the Sweet Sixteen, and the joy that was shared not just with teammates, but with a huge hug with Coach Kellie. Kellie’s trip to New York to support Rae also showed a Coach who cares about her players. If I were a recruit, I’d feel really lucky to get to come be a part of what’s happening on Rocky Top.

The lil birdies and connies sitting on pens & needles right now with all this good ole LV activity going on via social media. S.Carolina act like they have so much authority after winning Nat’l title number #2👀.
Or on the other hand after reaching a gifted wrapped title game where UConn scored just 49 points lol.
S.Carolina just loss a future star in Saniya Rivers and that’s regardless of where she’s headed.
I’ll point this out while I’m at it, folks too many supposedly LV fans are straddling the fence with fake love… these pretenders on VN & some of the Twitter crew! Gotta stop letting that crap slide.. either you ride with your team or not. There’s no in the middle.
Kissing up to fans from other teams that watch their fan base disrespect yours is weak! Call it cranky or whatever I don’t care. I’m a real one! No fake love in my blood!
Now back to the point, something has Coach Sam pretty excited right now based on her recent activity.. and I love how the true basketball fans as well as parents interact with Coach Sam & Coach Joy. Also Coach KH going to the WNBA draft to support Rae Burrell was not only genuine but a great look for the LV community.
I mean, some of the pretenders on here haven’t even put together a sentence to acknowledge Rae Burrell going #9 to LA 🍊💯!
The South Carolina fans understand why she is transferring. The thing is.....if she can crack a line up in any program, then she is going to a team with less talent than South Carolina. The talent above her is what she saw. Dawn knew this and Saniya, Russell, and Wesolek all participated in the championship parade. South Carolina fans wish her the best and understand the stacked talent above her and the incoming players that could effect her time on the court. She has potential but she is not there yet. Gift wrapped title.....wow.....no...they did their work so you need to give credit where credit is due.

A good bit of the basketball world also saw the joy after Freshman Sara’s big 3 which helped us get to the Sweet Sixteen, and the joy that was shared not just with teammates, but with a huge hug with Coach Kellie. Kellie’s trip to New York to support Rae also showed a Coach who cares about her players. If I were a recruit, I’d feel really lucky to get to come be a part of what’s happening on Rocky Top.
I really wonder what SR is looking for? Is it more playing time, more development, a fresh start, a program with a family atmosphere? She seems like a nice kid, whatever it is I hope she finds it. If it is at UT that would be great. I’ll be happy for her wherever she goes (except UConn of course).

Certainly didn't live up to her number three ranking in the 2021 class to this point.
Do you honestly think that this player was given the opportunity to play enough throughout the season to get into a rhythm and play to her strengths? I don't. Some coaches force their players to conform to the limitations they have set within their program and then some coaches, i.e., Kellie will play to her players strength and work them into the system where they have the best opportunity to succeed. South Carolina wanted the ball to go to Boston no matter what and if not, it was Zia Cook or Henney taking a majority of the outside shots. Rivers could be very successful at Tennessee with how Kellie plays her players.

Her game is mid-range get to the basket same as Horston. She needs to give up the three it is not a shot she should be taking at this time. Her comparison to Horston is really right on.
I will take a second Jordon Horston on our team. Imagine trying to stop that on both sides of the court and keep them off the glass.

The South Carolina fans understand why she is transferring. The thing is.....if she can crack a line up in any program, then she is going to a team with less talent than South Carolina. The talent above her is what she saw. Dawn knew this and Saniya, Russell, and Wesolek all participated in the championship parade. South Carolina fans wish her the best and understand the stacked talent above her and the incoming players that could effect her time on the court. She has potential but she is not there yet. Gift wrapped title.....wow.....no...they did their work so you need to give credit where credit is due.

That’s your perspective of S. Carolina. As for her going to a team with less talent to crack the lineup obviously she played last year at SC decent minutes for a freshman. She was playing this year had she stayed at SC. If she comes to Tennessee, she is still competing for minutes. SC doesn’t have any big guard or forward as talented as Horston or Jackson. Maybe she just wasn’t feeling SC and wants a fresh start..

That’s your perspective of S. Carolina. As for her going to a team with less talent to crack the lineup obviously she played last year at SC decent minutes for a freshman. She was playing this year had she stayed at SC. If she comes to Tennessee, she is still competing for minutes. SC doesn’t have any big guard or forward as talented as Horston or Jackson. Maybe she just wasn’t feeling SC and wants a fresh start..
She saw the talent there and coming in. She didn't play a lot of minutes. Dawn set her for reasons that she would not divulge. We had a 6'4" guard with Amihere and our forwards won the National Title this year so win it next year and then tell me Tennessee forwards and guards are better. ....lol....Dawn loves her players even when they leave the program so no hard feeling there I am sure. Dawn has proven many times that it's about WBB in general...not about her. The South Carolina team will be just fine.....but thanks anyway.

Expect the chicken fans to put all the blame on her and try to deflect. Frankly, who would want to play on a team where you are not allowed to play to your strengths? I wish her the best as she tries to find the right fit for her.

She saw the talent there and coming in. She didn't play a lot of minutes. Dawn set her for reasons that she would not divulge. We had a 6'4" guard with Amihere and our forwards won the National Title this year so win it next year and then tell me Tennessee forwards and guards are better. ....lol....Dawn loves her players even when they leave the program so no hard feeling there I am sure. Dawn has proven many times that it's about WBB in general...not about her. The South Carolina team will be just fine.....but thanks anyway.

Lil birdie that sounds good for S.Carolina.
Rocky Top is the move right now🍊. Good luck wherever this player lands.
We have plenty options.
🏆🏆 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

VN Store

Back