Transfer Portal 21-22

But we need to think about the future too @mtsuraider06 , she has one year of championship experience and could be the perfect successor to Jordan Horston

Exactly! I suspect Jordy will head for the W after next season, her senior season, so having Rivers to take her place would be awesome.

For Blackwell or Rivers? I saw one that said Blackwell was down to SC, Ole Miss and I think Baylor. If so, I can see why Rivers decided to pack up.
Another source said Blackwell was down to SC and one other school did not name that school. It wasn't World Exposure someone with a lot better accuracy to their record.

Certainly didn't live up to her number three ranking in the 2021 class to this point.
The SC situation that was rife with great experienced players returning from a near undefeated season was not the best test for an elite Freshman. She never really got the minutes there to work through Freshmen nerves and to improve much given the talent overload there. We will have a huge need in two years for her and she would likely get more minutes with us next year than she would at SC, which would help her further development. There are not any youngsters on our team that were renown in high school for having the complete combo of shooting, being able to create own shot, and being supremely athletic. I am not convinced we are getting her, but if we have an opportunity I would take her in a snap

But there are scholarships available for both. It's not an either/or situation. Hopefully there are some good post players interested, but I can't imagine saying no to someone like Saniya if she wants to come to Tennessee.
Amb, idk what’s going on but we have been agreeing on everything lately. Saniya would be a player you don’t say no to. You can’t . A year of learning under Jordan and Rickea, playing meaningful minutes all season…she’d be in a prime spot to be the face of the LVs in 2023-24.

She is an elite guard, but wonder how she gets to play next season very much? Were in need of post players much more.
I think what we saw in several games is, when a team is smaller, we struggled offensively and defensively with TK in the game. Having taller athletic guard/forward combos allows us to match up better with teams who play 5 out.

As much as I like Rivers her shooting skills didn't materialize this year and it wasn't because she wasn't afforded the opportunities.
This might be true. However, I believe we need to look no further than Rae Burrell. Rae's transformation from freshman to sophomore to junior to senior to first round draft pick is Exhibit A. I see a similar progression for Saniya who is undeniably talented. That is the selling point to get Saniya to don an Orange jersey. Saniya will only get better over time in the right system that will allow her to thrive and flourish. GBO.

Amb, idk what’s going on but we have been agreeing on everything lately. Saniya would be a player you don’t say no to. You can’t . A year of learning under Jordan and Rickea, playing meaningful minutes all season…she’d be in a prime spot to be the face of the LVs in 2023-24.
I'm so glad you've seen the light ;)

The next decision for her should be the right one because another transfer means sitting out so I hope if it is Tennessee she is totally bought in. You have to earn playing time with Kellie and she will give you plenty of chances to do it. She would be like getting another top ten player in the 2022 class and suddenly that class would have evolved to probably the top class considering players like Jackson and Powell and probably a post player as additions.

Her game is mid-range get to the basket same as Horston. She needs to give up the three it is not a shot she should be taking at this time. Her comparison to Horston is really right on.
She hit her 1st 3 pt shot attempt in her first game...and then missed the next 30. And in the games I watched where she was attempting threes, they were basically assists to Boston or Saxton who promptly snatched up the airball and hit a layup.

Majority of the posters on this forum seriously take their opinion to the extreme. Do you really think you know more than experienced coaches do?
The only thing for certain is nobody on this forum knows exactly who will sign next w/ Tennessee until that player or the staff makes the announcement.
Secondly, I don’t get the point in over analyzing a player when it’s a possibility they might join the team.
Most of you do it every single time nitpicking to the extreme and if you ever decided to look at your posts from another perspective you would see how ridiculous it appears.
Do you expect college athletes to fit a perfect model as a player? This isn’t a video game.. it’s reality.
Of course they’ll need to develop that’s part of any sport and any team. I never seen a group of people that could come together every single time to take a positive situation and turn it into a negative one.
Just support the team and be quiet with all the assumptions, analysis etc.

You are being WAY nicer than some of the other gamecock fans' responses LOL 😂
LOL, have they have already turned on her?

It was pretty much inevitable with these super teams and recruiting star freshmen to play behind successful, established starters. It's like if they don't start right away, then they just pack up and move on. Same thing happened with UConn. It's surprising that this hasn't happened to Stanford as well. Guess that Stanford degree is worth sitting on the bench for...

This might be true. However, I believe we need to look no further than Rae Burrell. Rae's transformation from freshman to sophomore to junior to senior to first round draft pick is Exhibit A. I see a similar progression for Saniya who is undeniably talented. That is the selling point to get Saniya to don an Orange jersey. Saniya will only get better over time in the right system that will allow her to thrive and flourish. GBO.
I agree with your post but let’s not forget Kellie and staff will be developing Wynn’s game as well. I see Wynn as a future star. Both would be nice though.

LOL, have they have already turned on her?

It was pretty much inevitable with these super teams and recruiting star freshmen to play behind successful, established starters. It's like if they don't start right away, then they just pack up and move on. Same thing happened with UConn. It's surprising that this hasn't happened to Stanford as well. Guess that Stanford degree is worth sitting on the bench for...
Wilson tweeted and Dawn replied. Petty passive aggressive tweets.

VN Store

Back