Transfer Portal 21-22

If UK blows up after the season, I would like to take Maddie Scherr. Might have to be as a grad transfer since she's already transferred once.

Yeah nice player and a really good defender. I don’t see her leaving Kentucky though. Even if they have a coaching change I’d bet anything she stays. She’s poised to be their go to player no matter what next season and she’s a Kentucky girl.

Yeah nice player and a really good defender. I don’t see her leaving Kentucky though. Even if they have a coaching change I’d bet anything she stays. She’s poised to be their go to player no matter what next season and she’s a Kentucky girl.

Yeah, she was a McD AA out of Kentucky. But I'm thinking why flounder on a team that sucks with no talent around you when you could be a LV and still be the go-to player.

It's unlikely to happen but it's a possibility that would make a lot of sense.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The portal will be interesting in about another month.

Just a couple weeks I’m sure. Portal opens March 13th. It will be game on until it closes in May.

I do think we will see the number of transfers trend down over the next few seasons. 2020 and COVID everyone wanted to move. Not just basketball players lol

Plus with the 2 time transfers rules firmly in place and the sheer number of transfers the last two seasons a lot of players would have to sit out if they transfer again.

Just a couple weeks I’m sure. Portal opens March 13th. It will be game on until it closes in May.

I do think we will see the number of transfers trend down over the next few seasons. 2020 and COVID everyone wanted to move. Not just basketball players lol

Plus with the 2 time transfers rules firmly in place and the sheer number of transfers the last two seasons a lot of players would have to sit out if they transfer again.

The 5th Covid year eligibility will expire pretty soon too. Last year, The Gamecocks had three gals who went to the Portal. Two of the three (not Rivers) were senior who were going to play for the fifth year at another school. I think the 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes are the only ones who qualify.

I think the portal will continue to have lots of movement every year but the Numbers won’t be as significant as it was recently as the last of the 5th year seniors is around the corner

There will still be a lot of talent on the table. It will be interesting to see WHO ends up in it. There are surprises every single year.

I think the portal will continue to have lots of movement every year but the Numbers won’t be as significant as it was recently as the last of the 5th year seniors is around the corner

There will still be a lot of talent on the table. It will be interesting to see WHO ends up in it. There are surprises every single year.

Morgan Jones Louisville transfer from FSU has been reduce to coming off the bench and palying time cut to less then 10mins a game now. So the portal can be a hit or miss

Morgan Jones Louisville transfer from FSU has been reduce to coming off the bench and palying time cut to less then 10mins a game now. So the portal can be a hit or miss

I think that’s a coaching issue/error imo. Walz wasn’t willing to take any shots from Van Lith to give to Jones and she didn’t perform well. Van Lith is taking wayyyy too many shots for them to be successful though. You just can’t beat teams consistently with one mid-range jump shooter. Van Lith just not athletic enough to score with more variety.

I think that’s a coaching issue/error imo. Walz wasn’t willing to take any shots from Van Lith to give to Jones and she didn’t perform well. Van Lith is taking wayyyy too many shots for them to be successful though. You just can’t beat teams consistently with one mid-range jump shooter. Van Lith just not athletic enough to score with more variety.

100% correct about Van Lith

Reactions: travis929

VN Store

Back