Transfer Portal 21-22

Terrells Bay88

See……stuff like this has my eyebrows raised when talking about AZ. What a crappy culture right now this is their 8th transfer. She totally wasted a bunch of transfers time last season and will likely do the same this year.

Chavez just got recruited over again and she’s a pretty tough player. She’ll now have to sit a year very likely as she missed the deadline to transfer without penalty unless she submitted her stuff to NCAA before May 1.
I had heard May 3 was technically the deadline because schools had two business days/ 48 hours to submit a player's name before the deadline and May 1 was on a Sunday.

Last edited:

dtnvol

I think it's more like Mulkey changed her mind because of Reese.
🤔 Idk about that...you REALLY need players in order to match up against SEC competition...Mulkey needef Martinez AND Reese...with that, she would still struggle against the top tier teams...Go LVs and J. Franklin 😉

VolBall09

Any news on Treasure Hunt? IMO, if she’s smart, she would withdraw her name from the portal and stay at Kentucky.

They lost a really talented player in Howard, but I think Kyra has actually picked up a better TEAM so far this off season.

Hunt would be a great complimentary piece with Adeyeye and Petty she would definitely play more on the wing and not be needed as much in the post. Scherr and Russel would both be really fun to play with.

Those 5 there could be a really tough squad, but Blair Green coming back and Walker running the point. She has 7 legit players now where she really only had 2 last season…

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
Does the original team have any legal requirements to continue a player on scholarships if they entered the transfer portal and did not find a new home. The statistic of 40 percent not taken, does that actually translate in 40 percent lost their existing scholarships.

As an aside Hamilton Heights High School super five that this board 5 & 4 recruitment years ago spent many hundreds of discussion items on and ultimately disappointment - all five have transferred from their original schools and two have transferred twice. The portal was created just in time for them.

JayQueUK

Any news on Treasure Hunt? IMO, if she’s smart, she would withdraw her name from the portal and stay at Kentucky.

They lost a really talented player in Howard, but I think Kyra has actually picked up a better TEAM so far this off season.

Hunt would be a great complimentary piece with Adeyeye and Petty she would definitely play more on the wing and not be needed as much in the post. Scherr and Russel would both be really fun to play with.

Those 5 there could be a really tough squad, but Blair Green coming back and Walker running the point. She has 7 legit players now where she really only had 2 last season…
Elzy has already completed a 15 member roster this off-season after the recent addition of Maddie Scherr. Everyone is on scholarship so Hunt has to go elsewhere regardless… Replacing Howard and Edwards production will be a bit of a challenge, but I do agree that on paper this roster is better overall than the one she just won an SEC title with. Depends on getting them all to gel together though.

lvocd

Elzy has already completed a 15 member roster this off-season after the recent addition of Maddie Scherr. Everyone is on scholarship so Hunt has to go elsewhere regardless… Replacing Howard and Edwards production will be a bit of a challenge, but I do agree that on paper this roster is better overall than the one she just won an SEC title with. Depends on getting them all to gel together though.
Can Chattanooga be in her future? They really could use her.

VN Store