Transfer Portal 21-22

See……stuff like this has my eyebrows raised when talking about AZ. What a crappy culture right now this is their 8th transfer. She totally wasted a bunch of transfers time last season and will likely do the same this year.

Chavez just got recruited over again and she’s a pretty tough player. She’ll now have to sit a year very likely as she missed the deadline to transfer without penalty unless she submitted her stuff to NCAA before May 1.
I had heard May 3 was technically the deadline because schools had two business days/ 48 hours to submit a player's name before the deadline and May 1 was on a Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09
Any news on Treasure Hunt? IMO, if she’s smart, she would withdraw her name from the portal and stay at Kentucky.

They lost a really talented player in Howard, but I think Kyra has actually picked up a better TEAM so far this off season.

Hunt would be a great complimentary piece with Adeyeye and Petty she would definitely play more on the wing and not be needed as much in the post. Scherr and Russel would both be really fun to play with.

Those 5 there could be a really tough squad, but Blair Green coming back and Walker running the point. She has 7 legit players now where she really only had 2 last season…

Does the original team have any legal requirements to continue a player on scholarships if they entered the transfer portal and did not find a new home. The statistic of 40 percent not taken, does that actually translate in 40 percent lost their existing scholarships.

As an aside Hamilton Heights High School super five that this board 5 & 4 recruitment years ago spent many hundreds of discussion items on and ultimately disappointment - all five have transferred from their original schools and two have transferred twice. The portal was created just in time for them.

Any news on Treasure Hunt? IMO, if she’s smart, she would withdraw her name from the portal and stay at Kentucky.

They lost a really talented player in Howard, but I think Kyra has actually picked up a better TEAM so far this off season.

Hunt would be a great complimentary piece with Adeyeye and Petty she would definitely play more on the wing and not be needed as much in the post. Scherr and Russel would both be really fun to play with.

Those 5 there could be a really tough squad, but Blair Green coming back and Walker running the point. She has 7 legit players now where she really only had 2 last season…

Elzy has already completed a 15 member roster this off-season after the recent addition of Maddie Scherr. Everyone is on scholarship so Hunt has to go elsewhere regardless… Replacing Howard and Edwards production will be a bit of a challenge, but I do agree that on paper this roster is better overall than the one she just won an SEC title with. Depends on getting them all to gel together though.

Elzy has already completed a 15 member roster this off-season after the recent addition of Maddie Scherr. Everyone is on scholarship so Hunt has to go elsewhere regardless… Replacing Howard and Edwards production will be a bit of a challenge, but I do agree that on paper this roster is better overall than the one she just won an SEC title with. Depends on getting them all to gel together though.

Can Chattanooga be in her future? They really could use her.

Once a player enters the transfer portal the original team is no longer required to provide the player a scholarship should the player not transfer. Of course the original team may choose to offer the player a scholarship should they return.

Brenda Frese oversharing on why Mimi Collins left Maryland. Never liked Frese and never surprised by any exodus that occurs out of that program.

Pitiful. She always never accepts any responsibility for all the players leaving in recent years , its always due to the players' limitations. Well if they were such a prima donna or academically limited, she shouldn't have recruited them in the first place. Her comment about Mimi was especially uncalled for. This will probably be good recruiting fodder for competing coaches in the future.

Pitiful. She always never accepts any responsibility for all the players leaving in recent years , its always due to the players' limitations. Well if they were such a prima donna or academically limited, she shouldn't have recruited them in the first place. Her comment about Mimi was especially uncalled for. This will probably be good recruiting fodder for competing coaches in the future.

If one person has a problem with you, it may be them
If many have a problem with you, it may be you

Narcissistic personality traits for certain. I used to really like Brenda back in the day. Before they won their national championship and she was an up and comer.

The last five or so seasons here I just get on board with her nastiness. The things she says about players and other people in the industry are shocking to me. Surprised she’s still able to recruit as well as she does. Suspect that will taper off over the next year or two. When you let your ego lead and your teams aren’t winning anymore you’re doomed. She is headed for Sheri Coale status, a once prominent head coach who fades into the sunset after 10-15 years of nothing burger seasons.

She hasn't fallen off of a cliff yet....she reloaded with quality players after the recent exodus. She is still competing for and winning conference level championships while making some NCAA runs the past 5 years. " Rumors of Maryland's death are greatly exaggerated".

Conference tournament champions 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 Conference regular season champions 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021

She hasn't fallen off of a cliff yet....she reloaded with quality players after the recent exodus. She is still competing for and winning conference level championships while making some NCAA runs the past 5 years. " Rumors of Maryland's death are greatly exaggerated".

Conference tournament champions 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 Conference regular season champions 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021

The players she picked up are nowhere near what she lost and anyone trying to say they are is sorely confused.

Losing Miller, Reese, Owusu and Benzan is extremely hard to replace. Nothing they picked up even comes close.

VN Store

Back