Transfer Portal 21-22

Majority of the posters on this forum seriously take their opinion to the extreme. Do you really think you know more than experienced coaches do?
The only thing for certain is nobody on this forum knows exactly who will sign next w/ Tennessee until that player or the staff makes the announcement.
Secondly, I don’t get the point in over analyzing a player when it’s a possibility they might join the team.
Most of you do it every single time nitpicking to the extreme and if you ever decided to look at your posts from another perspective you would see how ridiculous it appears.
Do you expect college athletes to fit a perfect model as a player? This isn’t a video game.. it’s reality.
Of course they’ll need to develop that’s part of any sport and any team. I never seen a group of people that could come together every single time to take a positive situation and turn it into a negative one.
Just support the team and be quiet with all the assumptions, analysis etc.
Wow. Someone has on her/his cranky pants this morning. Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion. And so do others.

Last edited:
Wilson tweeted and Dawn replied. Petty passive aggressive tweets.
The one I posted earlier, or a different one? Those weren't even that bad lol.

The portal makes it easier to pursue instant gratification, even if the player didn't exactly make a strong case for a bigger role with their current team. There's probably a lot of players in the exact same boat who responded the exact same way. In Saniya's case, she probably was poised for a bigger role this coming season, but she wasn't going to start until Cooke/Beal graduated...unless she gave Dawn a compelling reason to start her.

The one I posted earlier, or a different one? Those weren't even that bad lol.

The portal makes it easier to pursue instant gratification, even if the player didn't exactly make a strong case for a bigger role with their current team. There's probably a lot of players in the exact same boat who responded the exact same way. In Saniya's case, she probably was poised for a bigger role this coming season, but she wasn't going to start until Cooke/Beal graduated...unless she gave Dawn a compelling reason to start her.
Agreed. No, I was referring to the “nice” tweets. 😂

Reactions: Amb3096
I agree with your post but let’s not forget Kellie and staff will be developing Wynn’s game as well. I see Wynn as a future star. Both would be nice though.
I like Wynn too and see good things for her as a LV. I think one difference is that it is typically easier and quicker for a good shooter to learn to readjust their shot or nerves to the college game in Rivers case than to initially develop a shot while in college in Wynn's case. Fortunately, I do think Wynn will be extremely helpful in the future for defense and driving to the basket with all her quickness. I think Rivers could be helpful in all departments. Love to have them both.

This might be true. However, I believe we need to look no further than Rae Burrell. Rae's transformation from freshman to sophomore to junior to senior to first round draft pick is Exhibit A. I see a similar progression for Saniya who is undeniably talented. That is the selling point to get Saniya to don an Orange jersey. Saniya will only get better over time in the right system that will allow her to thrive and flourish. GBO.
If you give Kellie lemons she will make new and improved lemonade

Majority of the posters on this forum seriously take their opinion to the extreme. Do you really think you know more than experienced coaches do?
The only thing for certain is nobody on this forum knows exactly who will sign next w/ Tennessee until that player or the staff makes the announcement.
Secondly, I don’t get the point in over analyzing a player when it’s a possibility they might join the team.
Most of you do it every single time nitpicking to the extreme and if you ever decided to look at your posts from another perspective you would see how ridiculous it appears.
Do you expect college athletes to fit a perfect model as a player? This isn’t a video game.. it’s reality.
Of course they’ll need to develop that’s part of any sport and any team. I never seen a group of people that could come together every single time to take a positive situation and turn it into a negative one.
Just support the team and be quiet with all the assumptions,
You take your posts to the extreme

The lil birdies and connies sitting on pens & needles right now with all this good ole LV activity going on via social media. S.Carolina act like they have so much authority after winning Nat’l title number #2👀.
Or on the other hand after reaching a gifted wrapped title game where UConn scored just 49 points lol.
S.Carolina just loss a future star in Saniya Rivers and that’s regardless of where she’s headed.
I’ll point this out while I’m at it, folks too many supposedly LV fans are straddling the fence with fake love… these pretenders on VN & some of the Twitter crew! Gotta stop letting that crap slide.. either you ride with your team or not. There’s no in the middle.
Kissing up to fans from other teams that watch their fan base disrespect yours is weak! Call it cranky or whatever I don’t care. I’m a real one! No fake love in my blood!
Now back to the point, something has Coach Sam pretty excited right now based on her recent activity.. and I love how the true basketball fans as well as parents interact with Coach Sam & Coach Joy. Also Coach KH going to the WNBA draft to support Rae Burrell was not only genuine but a great look for the LV community.
I mean, some of the pretenders on here haven’t even put together a sentence to acknowledge Rae Burrell going #9 to LA 🍊💯!

LOL, have they have already turned on her?

It was pretty much inevitable with these super teams and recruiting star freshmen to play behind successful, established starters. It's like if they don't start right away, then they just pack up and move on. Same thing happened with UConn. It's surprising that this hasn't happened to Stanford as well. Guess that Stanford degree is worth sitting on the bench for...

That's true. While i'm sure it was a part of it I wonder if playing time was the driving reason. You may have a star sit and learn but still feel like they are a part of what is going on. She always looked disengaged on the bench. The thing i will say is some of these adults need to HELP these kids into their decisions better.

Watching some of Rickea's interviews she knows she is going to get pushed her to not only do what she does but be better rebounding and on the defensive end. I am more than certain Jordan and others have told her Kellie will sit you it doesn't matter who you are. She came in knowing how Kellie and her staff roll. I say this to say if Rivers comes here she will know she has to earn her time on the court and it won't be given. If she doesn't know she can ask the upperclassmen about being pulled when they don't do what's right.

I didn’t think it would take very long for the chicken mooches who post here to start putting her down.

Just to be clear i haven't seen any SC poster on here post anything negative about her. It was on twitter and it was more petty than anything but you could tell where they were going lol

I'm sure every fanbase has them. Hell, we have seen our "fans" on here try to get rid of girls that seem dedicated to be here lol

The lil birdies and connies sitting on pens & needles right now with all this good ole LV activity going on via social media. S.Carolina act like they have so much authority after winning Nat’l title number #2👀.
Or on the other hand after reaching a gifted wrapped title game where UConn scored just 49 points lol.
S.Carolina just loss a future star in Saniya Rivers and that’s regardless of where she’s headed.
I’ll point this out while I’m at it, folks too many supposedly LV fans are straddling the fence with fake love… these pretenders on VN & some of the Twitter crew! Gotta stop letting that crap slide.. either you ride with your team or not. There’s no in the middle.
Kissing up to fans from other teams that watch their fan base disrespect yours is weak! Call it cranky or whatever I don’t care. I’m a real one! No fake love in my blood!
Now back to the point, something has Coach Sam pretty excited right now based on her recent activity.. and I love how the true basketball fans as well as parents interact with Coach Sam & Coach Joy. Also Coach KH going to the WNBA draft to support Rae Burrell was not only genuine but a great look for the LV community.
I mean, some of the pretenders on here haven’t even put together a sentence to acknowledge Rae Burrell going #9 to LA 🍊💯!

Haha, better chill, i said THE SAME THING a couple of days ago in slightly different words and got accused of trying to define what a fan is LOL

The one thing i can say about this fan base is we are a tough bunch and i've seen us ride hard for our LVs through the thick and the thing

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I just don’t see Saniya at Tennessee happening I would love to be proven wrong!!!
I'll be happy if she does become a Lady Vol and just as happy if we find a post player that can dominate inside. I think that player is the major need for next season and Saniya would be a great player for us next season and more so in the future.

That does sound like good news! I actually would love it if it is a major 2023 recruit just as much as a major transfer. We don't want to rely on transfer portals for everything in the future. In either case, I will compulsively checking this site today.
Well, I feel like SOMEthing good has already happened or is about to. Both Samantha and Jordy posted happy "Don't Stop Now" TikToks yesterday, and Jordy also posted another fun little dance-moves vid titled "Today is a good day!!! ... 😎I like"[/QUO

Reactions: travis929 and lvocd
I just don’t see Saniya at Tennessee happening I would love to be proven wrong!!!

Is this like you're thing now? LOL, you said the same thing about Rickea. So i gotta ask (and will ask again because you know me lol) is this your way of reversing what you want so it happens or do you not really see her coming here lol

Haha, better chill, i said THE SAME THING a couple of days ago in slightly different words and got accused of trying to define what a fan is LOL

The one thing i can say about this fan base is we are a tough bunch and i've seen us ride hard for our LVs through the thick and the thing

You right about this fan base haha! Btw, I apologize if I came across as harsh or attacking you the other day. Just wanted to put that out there publicly. I like you and your posts! I know you are passionate, fun on the board, and keep it real 😜

Reactions: Lucy and VA_VOLFAN
You right about this fan base haha! Btw, I apologize if I came across as harsh or attacking you the other day. Just wanted to put that out there publicly. I like you and your posts! I know you are passionate, fun on the board, and keep it real 😜

No harm no foul and i appreciate the post and apology. The exciting thing for all of us is there is such positive news going on in the program! Also, thank you for the compliments!

If Rivers chooses TN, it seems she’d be in a similar situation she would’ve been in going into her soph season at SC — likely coming off the bench while being prepared to play a huge role her Junior year.

We’re really deep at the 2-3 spot. Part of me would like to see us only sign post(s) that we know will contribute right away and focus on developing the guards we already have that are offensively challenged. It also would be hard not to take Rivers. What would that mean for Kaiya? So many questions. Glad I’m not making these decisions.

All in all, it feels great to see that LV basketball is back on the national scene. There’s an energy in Knoxville, and folks are taking notice.

If Rivers chooses TN, it seems she’d be in a similar situation she would’ve been in going into her soph season at SC — likely coming off the bench while being prepared to play a huge role her Junior year.

We’re really deep at the 2-3 spot. Part of me would like to see us only sign post(s) that we know will contribute right away and focus on developing the guards we already have that are offensively challenged. It also would be hard not to take Rivers. What would that mean for Kaiya? So many questions. Glad I’m not making these decisions.

All in all, it feels great to see that LV basketball is back on the national scene. There’s an energy in Knoxville, and folks are taking notice.

I posted earlier.. Pat never shied away from getting the best talent and Kellie learned from her. I think Kaiya would rise to the occasion and carve herself a role. We as fans i think worry about the players probably more than the players worry about themselves lol. I love Kaiya and her love for this program i believe she would find a way to get better and on the court

What has to happen next season you pick your best ten players as we might have 15 and definitely 14 and that is your players. Everyone else just has to do what they have to do because you can't play 15 effectively. Ten is about the amount you can get any effective rotation out of. Some players may have been recruited over. I know some have it is obvious so some will have to take what they can get and look to 2023 when we lose several players or whatever is best for them going forward. Thus far all the portal players we are getting are in the rotation and if Rivers comes I think she is in it too. Plus I still want a post so we could be adding four to four I know will play with them and you have about two spots left to play any meaningful minutes. The other five will have to settle for end of game minutes when game is out of reach. A tough situation for some players already on the roster, but you have to get the best and play the best you can get and that is where were at going into next season. Sc is in the same situation and others are getting there to so thank you portal for helping and also hurting.

VN Store

Back