Transfer Portal 21-22

The South Carolina fans understand why she is transferring. The thing is.....if she can crack a line up in any program, then she is going to a team with less talent than South Carolina. The talent above her is what she saw. Dawn knew this and Saniya, Russell, and Wesolek all participated in the championship parade. South Carolina fans wish her the best and understand the stacked talent above her and the incoming players that could effect her time on the court. She has potential but she is not there yet. Gift wrapped title.....wow.....no...they did their work so you need to give credit where credit is due.
Dawn held Saniya out of the first three games of the natty tournament: coach's decision. I think Saniya transferring is more involved than not getting enough playing time.

The South Carolina fans understand why she is transferring. The thing is.....if she can crack a line up in any program, then she is going to a team with less talent than South Carolina. The talent above her is what she saw. Dawn knew this and Saniya, Russell, and Wesolek all participated in the championship parade. South Carolina fans wish her the best and understand the stacked talent above her and the incoming players that could effect her time on the court. She has potential but she is not there yet. Gift wrapped title.....wow.....no...they did their work so you need to give credit where credit is due.

Yeah don’t think Dawn is worried much especially with Cooper coming in. I think Cooper has the same athletic abilities Rivers has and she’s a legit shooter. I even got the chance to watch them play against each other and Cooper is very impressive. I wouldn’t be surprised if she got 15+ minutes if they don’t land Blackwell.

That’s your perspective of S. Carolina. As for her going to a team with less talent to crack the lineup obviously she played last year at SC decent minutes for a freshman. She was playing this year had she stayed at SC. If she comes to Tennessee, she is still competing for minutes. SC doesn’t have any big guard or forward as talented as Horston or Jackson. Maybe she just wasn’t feeling SC and wants a fresh start..
You also posted a perspective on the player just pointing that out cause you don't know why she entered the portal

Yeah don’t think Dawn is worried much especially with Cooper coming in. I think Cooper has the same athletic abilities Rivers has and she’s a legit shooter. I even got the chance to watch them play against each other and Cooper is very impressive. I wouldn’t be surprised if she got 15+ minutes if they don’t land Blackwell.
Blackwell and Cooper don't play the same position. Not sure how Blackwell coming or not coming would affect her. Raven Johnson on the other hand probably will.

As it should be. I know that the notion of "recruiting over player" rubs people the wrong way, but let them compete. That's the only way to field the best team possible.

Recruiting over is fine. But it's when you promise the moon and the stars to get players on campus and don't do jack with those promises while wasting talent that peeves me off

As it should be. I know that the notion of "recruiting over player" rubs people the wrong way, but let them compete. That's the only way to field the best team possible.

Recruiting over is fine. But it's when you promise the moon and the stars to get players on campus and don't do jack with those promises while wasting talent that peeves me off

I agree we need to give credit where credits due they kept them to those 49 points but let's also be honest SOME SC fans wish her the best while others are going for her!

Also like you i still say she is uber talented but the fit wasn't right for whatever reason which can impact play.

Was Rivers a decent shooter in high school? Her percentages at SC this past year are low to say the least. Three pointers 3%, field goals excluding three pointers 34%, free throws 50%. But those that have seen her play are impressed with her natural ability.

Was Rivers a decent shooter in high school? Her percentages at SC this past year are low to say the least. Three pointers 3%, field goals excluding three pointers 34%, free throws 50%. But those that have seen her play are impressed with her natural ability.

She led the nation in scoring while shooting over 50% from the field.

Reactions: LV renaissance

Seemed to me she lacked confidence in her shot, so she was trying too hard to aim it into the basket instead of trusting her movements. The best way to gain confidence is shooting A LOT on her own time until she’s making such a high percentage she no longer has “hope it goes in” because she will know it’s going in.

Once she gets her confidence back she’s going to be able to score almost at will. It’s up to Saniyah.

Article on Rivers’s decision to leave.

Saniya Rivers speaks on leaving South Carolina women's basketball

“I was not the piece of the puzzle they were looking for and the piece of the puzzle they wanted me to be,” Saniya Rivers said. “I know I’m good enough to play there, but the fit wasn’t what I thought it would be coming into my freshman year.”

“I was not the piece of the puzzle they were looking for and the piece of the puzzle they wanted me to be,” Saniya Rivers said. “I know I’m good enough to play there, but the fit wasn’t what I thought it would be coming into my freshman year.”

Think we all could feel this with dawn now grant it i think she is excellent and to be honest what she has done in building a no name university in womens basketball into a powerhouse is commendable, but i think someone said earlier in the chat shes basically playing devils advocate of keeping talent stock, over recruiting keeping talent away from other teams case in point its no reason for them to technically be pursuing asia blackwell like why it makes no sense but the point is i can see some false recruitment of players not being honest with them. and being the hot commodity they are right now alot of kids will buy it

Think we all could feel this with dawn now grant it i think she is excellent and to be honest what she has done in building a no name university in womens basketball into a powerhouse is commendable, but i think someone said earlier in the chat shes basically playing devils advocate of keeping talent stock, over recruiting keeping talent away from other teams case in point its no reason for them to technically be pursuing asia blackwell like why it makes no sense but the point is i can see some false recruitment of players not being honest with them. and being the hot commodity they are right now alot of kids will buy it

That could be said for any coach. You always want to recruit talent equal to or better than you have already. I don’t blame Dawn for this, players have to understand the days of coming in and being a superstar freshman on a team that wins it all is great and far between. And that’s ok if the fit isn’t right because of your personal goals

I guess Dawn told her Blackwell is a better fit.Smh this is what I mean when I say I don’t see Kelli recruiting a player in H.S. to replace her with a transfer.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Expect the chicken fans to put all the blame on her and try to deflect. Frankly, who would want to play on a team where you are not allowed to play to your strengths? I wish her the best as she tries to find the right fit for her.
You can't "play to your strengths" if the players in front of you are better. These analogies are way off base. You would expect Kellie to play a less talented player so she could "play to her strengths" ? Not happening at Tennessee either. That's not how you win a national title.

You can't "play to your strengths" if the players in front of you are better. These analogies are way off base. You would expect Kellie to play a less talented player so she could "play to her strengths" ? Not happening at Tennessee either. That's not how you win a national title.

Salty much?

Thought you vowed never to post here again?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back