Toney Williams

I see him as at least a goal line back. Its awful hard to stop 240 lbs that has a running start from going forward a yard.

No. Doesn't have that kind of speed. Much closer to being a LenDale than a Jamal. That's no knock on the kid at all, he'll still be a heck of a recruit.

I watched his video...he does remind me a lot of Jamal Lewis.

He does look more like LenDale than Jamal. Jamal was definitely faster but Toney has great vision and can really run b/t the tackles. Jamal running style is more "stiff" while it seems Toney's is more fluid.

Either way I am glad we got him on board!!! Hopefully he will have the opportunity to run over our SEC foes in the next few years! :dance2:

Nobody has the kind of speed Jamal had at that size. He was a special kind of back in the college game.

Love the attitude this young man displays. I think he is wise beyond his years, and I for one am honored he is a Tennessee Volunteer!!!

That was one of the best articles I've read about a player. I love when kids are where they want to be, and you cannot beat a true Vol. Love it.

John Brice from Volquest said Toney Williams was a good pickup for the vols. He said he was a hard tough runner. He said he personally thought he was under rated.

The article I read on Williams said that Kiffin told him he was recruiting him as a RB. I think other schools were wanting to convert him to LB.

VN Store

Back