Toney Williams

Doubtful. TW will be our big back. He has to much athleticism and talent to be limited to the FB role in a system that doesn't really utilize FB's. He may move to LB though if RB doesn't work out.

When they showed everyone film at the recruiting celebration, they had him listed as a Fullback. That doesn't mean he won't run the ball in short yardage or goal line situations. That just means what position he will be listed under the depth chart as. They told us that's what he would do.

Honestly, I don't see TW playing FB or TB. I think he ends up on Defense. JMO.

I think those days are pretty much over of going back and forth between D and O. Monte and Lane are too set on what they want on each side of the ball to start doing that. Plus, we aren't going to take a guy just to take him anymore. That should limit if not completely eliminate the switching. They know what they want, and it's a breath of fresh air the fact we can sell that to recruits.

I think those days are pretty much over of going back and forth between D and O. Monte and Lane are too set on what they want on each side of the ball to start doing that. Plus, we aren't going to take a guy just to take him anymore. That should limit if not completely eliminate the switching. They know what they want, and it's a breath of fresh air the fact we can sell that to recruits.

I could be completely wrong, but I just think that TW's best chance of seeing the field is at another position besides TB or FB.

Agreed. All of the coaches sounded like they knew what they were doing with each of these guys. Maybe the second coming of Lendale White....

When Kiffin was recruiting this kid didnt he promise him that he would play TB? because i remember reading somewhere that was one of Williams main concerns was not being able to play TB.

VN Store

Back