Tim Jordan arrested

Clarification: The reason it is illegal is bc he has an illegal substance in his possession as well... however..weed is just a money maker for the gov. ... unfortunate...we may need him next season.

Setting aside this "incident". If we need him this next season then we have not recruited the running backs we think we have. I know experience. But we have some experience still available and hopefully new guys that should have enough talent to be better as a position group than in the recent past.

I’m all for second chances, but his second chance needs to be at a community college. Cut this guy loose.

Maybe however he doesn't have a prior criminal history which leads me to believe the charges will be dropped

To be dropped after so much who-raw over the arrest, I think it might be difficult for the local law enforcement to "let it go". I think he is in for a tough time over this "mistake". I know it's hard, but UT or if you like pressure from the UT community will have little impact on the state of FLA. Even harder for Tim is the fact that we do have guys who can fill the gap. So I don't expect UT to put up much resistance. I think UT will let things play out on the FLA. front with little or no help from UT.

He should have mentioned he played football. The cops would have assumed he was a Gator and let him off with only a warning.
Maybe he did and that's why they charged him up. If he gets lucky the let him plea the concealed carry charge down to just unlawful possession and he gets away with no jail time. Why do you need scales and gun and baggies for 9 grams? Maybe they were on the way to reup?

Hope the kid gets a good lawyer but his career here is likely over and thats one scholly freed up.

To be dropped after so much who-raw over the arrest, I think it might be difficult for the local law enforcement to "let it go". I think he is in for a tough time over this "mistake". I know it's hard, but UT or if you like pressure from the UT community will have little impact on the state of FLA. Even harder for Tim is the fact that we do have guys who can fill the gap. So I don't expect UT to put up much resistance. I think UT will let things play out on the FLA. front with little or no help from UT.

Its not hard at all, actually. The court system is a lot more graceful for first time offenders than most make it out to be.

Reactions: savannahfan
He's not the one I would have expected this from.

Let's see what CJP does?

He doesn't really need him on the team with current RB depth but he also needs to treat him fairly compared to other players.

He did appear to cooperate with the police.

He could have possessed a weapon for hunting, or recreational shooting during the activity, but in the car it would have to be unloaded and cased. He's also not a police officer, corrections officer, or military service member. He's really out of options for defending having a loaded pistol in his pocket with drugs and an underage person in the vehicle. Just the way the law is written in Florida. You can thank the Parkland shooter for that change.
This is a quote from a law firm site in Florida:

"Florida generally allows a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm within the interior of a private vehicle, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Lawful firearm owners may lawfully carry a long gun anywhere in a private vehicle."

Sounds like the real issue here is that it was in his pocket. I'm no legal expert, but this reads as though a loaded gun is ok if it is securely encased; if it is unloaded, it doesn't have to be encased because it would not be readily accessible for immediate use. Loaded and in his pocket is the real issue IMO.

This is a quote from a law firm site in Florida:

"Florida generally allows a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm within the interior of a private vehicle, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Lawful firearm owners may lawfully carry a long gun anywhere in a private vehicle."

Sounds like the real issue here is that it was in his pocket. I'm no legal expert, but this reads as though a loaded gun is ok if it is securely encased; if it is unloaded, it doesn't have to be encased because it would not be readily accessible for immediate use. Loaded and in his pocket is the real issue IMO.
In Texas there is the Castle Law. One can have a fire arm in your vehicle regardless of possession of a license to carry (LTC).
However all fire arms must be in a holster or some means to cover the trigger mechanism. Even the magnetic kind of devices that secure a pistol to the car are not legal unless it is in a holster of sort. A pistol in your pocket, without a holster is considered a safety hazard. I would think most states have similar laws.

With just weed...probably back soon; with the gun charge...you are exactly right! Strange to me how folks will carry a gun without a permit as easy as permits are to get.
I didn't think you needed a permit if you had it on your property such as your car. Does the fact that he's carrying it instead of merely travelling with it make the difference?

I didn't think you needed a permit if you had it on your property such as your car. Does the fact that he's carrying it instead of merely travelling with it make the difference?
You can travel with it but there are separation rules. Those weren't followed if it was loaded and on his person

Reactions: lukeneyland
Well it won't take long for the rest of the sport sites to run this story for days on end.
My guess with the gun charge he will be gone.
Florida is alot like Texas. You can literally buy guns in a bubblegum machine. In today's world eyes are everywhere, I hate it for him. Idle hands, need to get the guys back to work. Better lifting and running vs partying and gunning. Crazy times, reminds me of 1968.

Florida is alot like Texas. You can literally buy guns in a bubblegum machine. In today's world eyes are everywhere, I hate it for him. Idle hands, need to get the guys back to work. Better lifting and running vs partying and gunning. Crazy times, reminds me of 1968.
Reminds me of 2015-2016;)

VN Store

Back