Tim Jordan arrested

I don't think that's illegal...I could be wrong but I don't think it should be illegal as I see we will start infringing upon the people's 2nd adm. rights. Is it irresponsible? Yeah but I'm also not really big on gun control laws.
3rd degree felony in Florida. Makes it worse that it was loaded.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Correct me if I'm wrong @lawgator1, but in the state of Florida, he could have the gun in the car, but not on his person, if it was at least a 3 step process to get it firing ready. I.e. in the middle console while in the locked holster. So step 1, open console, step 2, pick it up and step 3, get out of holster. This is if you don't have a CCW.
Negative. Under the age of 21 he's not allowed to have a weapon in the car unless he's on the way to,or coming back from, marksmanship training or competition. Even then it would have to be unloaded and locked in a case in the trunk. Under 21 he is not eligible to purchase ammunition or have a concealed carry permit. The 21 for concealed carry is a Federal law.

We had a BAMA OL caught similarly in Lousisiana a few years ago but his drug was more serious than weed. It went away. This can go away if the will to make it so is there.

I was baffled by the outcome of this case (Cam Robinson of Alabama being one of the two players mentioned). Make sure to read "the main reason" the judge said he dropped the charges.

It proves its possible, but I doubt very seriously that this goes away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-044616.png
    Screenshot_20200531-044616.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 28
He could have possessed a weapon for hunting, or recreational shooting during the activity, but in the car it would have to be unloaded and cased. He's also not a police officer, corrections officer, or military service member. He's really out of options for defending having a loaded pistol in his pocket with drugs and an underage person in the vehicle. Just the way the law is written in Florida. You can thank the Parkland shooter for that change.

Guys, consider the hostile environment that law enforcement is enduring at this moment, and from the sounds of everything...Jordan complied like a sensible dude. Didn't put up a big fuss and become a different type of story...

He knew he was caught. And he told them everything.

Marijuana being illegal still in some states is stupid.
Having a gun with no permit, again NOT smart but nothing prior to prove there was anything malicious to it.
The 17 year old girl. Well that kind of supports that he maybe wasn't off to some drug deal. Maybe...
If he was "involved " with her...he's what 22?
She'll be 18 for sure next year maybe sooner.
Hell, my wife is 8 years younger than me. (Married in my 30's) Not that I'm saying i would have tried to date her at 14 when I was 22. That's just wrong. But 22 and 18 is legal..and who knows how close she is to it. In NC there is a two year law. If it were there and Jordan was 19 its a non-issue. I'm saying overall....this dude does not scream criminal.

He wasn't robbing anyone or stealing anything. Perhaps he was carrying it for protection for himself and his lady companion just for general safety because of the area they were in?

He absolutely does not deserve to be kicked off the team. And i don't even anticipate him to make a big impact anyhow with Gray, Chandler and a very underrated J Small all in the backfield.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Some of these responses are simply hilarious..!!!
"You don't ruin a kids life over..blah..blah..blah)"
HELLO...!!! The "KID" made this choice, nobody else so if there's a ruined life it was HIS choice to do so.
Then there's all the posts about what the charges would be in Tennessee..!!
WHO CARES..???!!! What difference does it make ?? He was caught in FLORIDA. Hell, if he had been caught in Malaysia...he'd be executed.
Florida has made it so easy to get a concealed carry permit you have to be brain-dead to carry a firearm without one.
Florida has ALSO made it so easy to LEGALLY possess and use marijuana, again...gotta be brain dead to get caught with it otherwise.
A scale and baggies..??? I'm SURE there's a perfectly innocent explanation for that.
And...of all places...screwing around with a unlawful carry, dope, baggies, a scale...etc. at 0500...in POLK County...OMFG..!!
Grady Judd is the High Sheriff of Polk County and he don't have NO sense of humor with THUGS, which is what we have here.
This "Dude" screams criminal/ thug at the top of his voice...I hope CJP and Phil Fulmer are listening.
This individual is GONE from Rocky Top or the Board of Reagents needs to re-evaluate the people running the Athletic Department.

Some of these responses are simply hilarious..!!!
"You don't ruin a kids life over..blah..blah..blah)"
HELLO...!!! The "KID" made this choice, nobody else so if there's a ruined life it was HIS choice to do so.
Then there's all the posts about what the charges would be in Tennessee..!!
WHO CARES..???!!! What difference does it make ?? He was caught in FLORIDA. Hell, if he had been caught in Malaysia...he'd be executed.
Florida has made it so easy to get a concealed carry permit you have to be brain-dead to carry a firearm without one.
Florida has ALSO made it so easy to LEGALLY possess and use marijuana, again...gotta be brain dead to get caught with it otherwise.
A scale and baggies..??? I'm SURE there's a perfectly innocent explanation for that.
And...of all places...screwing around with a unlawful carry, dope, baggies, a scale...etc. at 0500...in POLK County...OMFG..!!
Grady Judd is the High Sheriff of Polk County and he don't have NO sense of humor with THUGS, which is what we have here.
This "Dude" screams criminal/ thug at the top of his voice...I hope CJP and Phil Fulmer are listening.
This individual is GONE from Rocky Top or the Board of Reagents needs to re-evaluate the people running the Athletic Department.

Harsh.

I agree, I mean come on if it was just the bud who really cares i mean it's just a plant 😀
But the gun that's tough, I don't know Floridas gun carry laws but in Tennessee it's now indeed easier than ever to get a permit
You have to have a permit in Florida. Easy to get.

Nothing worse than people having their lives ruined by a facist government that wants to limit our clear cut 2nd amd rights.

Part time drug dealer during covid. If only these athletes got paid this would never happen!

Reactions: Behr
No. As it looks right now, he should no longer be on the team. We’ll see what the full story is. I’ll trust Pruitt to make the right decision.
I agree.

Im just running my mouth on a message board and have no influence on anything. I'm not gonna lose any sleep either way, but I'm saying if it were me with the limited info I have, he'd be done. If the charges are dropped? That mean it really didn't happen?

I think I'm fair with my opinions about most everything when it comes to these players getting in trouble, but I do draw a line, and loaded guns are across the line. Jmho.

Strange to me how folks will carry a gun without a permit as easy as permits are to get.

Not to get too political but some constitutional purists would argue that being required to pay to be “legal” is an infringement of the right to bear arms as defined by the 2nd amendment.

I agree.

Im just running my mouth on a message board and have no influence on anything. I'm not gonna lose any sleep either way, but I'm saying if it were me with the limited info I have, he'd be done. If the charges are dropped? That mean it really didn't happen?

I think I'm fair with my opinions about most everything when it comes to these players getting in trouble, but I do draw a line, and loaded guns are across the line. Jmho.

Without context it’s I think it’s irresponsible of us to say in an absolute way that he’s done. However, like you said with the limited info and just on the surface I don’t see how he sticks around, especially with a gun charge. Maybe, but doesn’t seem likely.

I think when this whole COVID stuff started I posted that this kind of stuff was one of my main concerns with all of these kids going home. I hate that he apparently made these stupid choices, but I’m proud of our other guys who have seemed to be doing the right things by not getting in trouble.

On a side note, I hope that the coaches and support staff are really maintaining an open dialogue with the team during these riots. It’s clearly an emotional time and it would be easy for young guys to wrapped up into this and possibly make some bad decisions.

Without context it’s I think it’s irresponsible of us to say in an absolute way that he’s done. However, like you said with the limited info and just on the surface I don’t see how he sticks around, especially with a gun charge. Maybe, but doesn’t seem likely.

I think when this whole COVID stuff started I posted that this kind of stuff was one of my main concerns with all of these kids going home. I hate that he apparently made these stupid choices, but I’m proud of our other guys who have seemed to be doing the right things by not getting in trouble.

On a side note, I hope that the coaches and support staff are really maintaining an open dialogue with the team during these riots. It’s clearly an emotional time and it would be easy for young guys to wrapped up into this and possibly make some bad decisions.

I understand but, like I said...its a message board and I said if it were me, as in my decision based on the limited info I have he would be done. Not he is done.. I'm being very responsible. :)

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back