TIFWIW from a source reasonably close to Athletics

Why in the world would a one year wonder with a offense that none of our players are recruited to play in, even be on our potential hiring list. He has not been at a major college and never hired a power 5 coaching staff. My guess is he’s not on any list for a position that is not yet open. 👎

Cause that’s how they do things around here. Our people look at Alabama and say “we wanna be them”. Well, ok, did Bama get there hiring a 1 year mid major wonder? Hell, no. They got there hiring a proven product, gave him the support and got TFO of the way.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
I have a source that says that Chadwells wife is a smoke show.
Wait..... is your source Leroy the mailman who runs the route there around W.F. Park?? Mine is and he told me the same . His inside info has never once let me down . He told me both times that #GRUDENTOTHEHILL wasn’t going to happen.

He also told me that Pruitt loves cornbread & that water is wet .

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
If you think Pruitt hired Steele then I got some ocean front property in Hancock County I will sell you. This hire was 100% Fulmer.
“Kevin is someone I have respected and admired for a long time on and off the field,” Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said, “I had the opportunity to learn and work with him during our time at Alabama and our friendship grew from there. He has outstanding knowledge of the game and understands what it takes to be successful in this conference. Having coached under the great Johnny Majors, he has a sincere appreciation for what it means to be a Tennessee Volunteer. We are thrilled to welcome Kevin and Linda back to Rocky Top.”

Reactions: bpalmer28
Booster just told me its neidemeyer or however you spell his name.

Pruitt is in the clear as far as he knows.

It's just neids.

Steele will replace him.

Guess we will see.....

Wait..... is your source Leroy the mailman who runs the route there around W.F. Park?? Mine is and he told me the same . His inside info has never once let me down . He told me both times that #GRUDENTOTHEHILL wasn’t going to happen.

He also told me that Pruitt loves cornbread & that water is wet .
Funny one.

Why in the world would a one year wonder with a offense that none of our players are recruited to play in, even be on our potential hiring list. He has not been at a major college and never hired a power 5 coaching staff. My guess is he’s not on any list for a position that is not yet open. 👎
What offense was our players recruited for? Didn’t know we ran an offense

Reactions: Sammy Joe
I do not call myself an insider, but as someone who is familiar with Jamey and still speak on occasion through a situation we shared in Greenville I can confirm that he has not been been in contact and is not interested at this time from moving or pursuing employment out side of coastal. “Just trying trying my hand at the rumor mill” :D:D

Last edited:
I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.

Here, catch

1610511051839.png

Chadwell seems to be riding the coattails of a great QB. Same thing happened with Scott Frost. I’d like to see Chadwell do it with another QB. If he can produce with a different QB like we’ve seen people like Mullen and Freeze do then it could be a great hire... not sold yet tho.

Reactions: igotworms
I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.

OK, bud. I am gonna be real generous with the odds. I will give you a VERY generous percentage that this is true of 20%.

And IF this is true? You have just betrayed a confidence. If you actually a friend of someone employed at the university, common sense says it was meant to be a confidential conversation between friends. So, you very well could be a real POS for posting this.

But if it is true, and you are posting this as a favor? This is exactly why Tennessee needs to clean house. Because there is more back stabbing twits over there than you can shake a stick at.

But I will go with the 80% chance that you are posting your fantasies, and desperately need an enema.

VN Store

Back