TIFWIW from a source reasonably close to Athletics

I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.
This was possibly one of the worst insider posts I’ve ever read

Jamey’s name has been floating around for a while as an option and Jimmy Hyams said he would be a guy that would take the job even with the NCAA issues.

I just don’t get how an AD would be able to justify firing Pruitt over NCAA issues, reject Freeze because of past NCAA baggage while welcoming Chadwell with open arms knowing Chadwell got slapped hard by the NCAA when he was at Charleston Southern.

I’m not advocating they do it by any means but if you’re gonna take somebody with NCAA baggage; you might as well get Hugh Freeze.

I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.

I've heard the same scuttlebutt, which means absolutely nothing............

That's not a truth we can all agree on, there is little no proof it is true other than a few guesses by the sports media. It doesn't take a genius to see our 3-7 record and think that Pruitt is likely in trouble but we have no clue if that is true or not. We do know that Fulmer made a statement during the bowl season that Pruitt would be our coach moving forward and that was after our terrible season. People are simply speculating that since there is an investigation then surely it means Pruitt is gone. It is just as likely that this investigation is nothing more than a mere formality
The hiring freeze wasn't speculation. Pruitt's silence about the Steele hire so far (what are we like an hour in) is pretty telling.

The only thing I know for sure is that our program has been a damn joke on and off the field since Kiffin walked out on us in the middle of the night. Nothing has made sense. If the was a way to F$&k things up and do them completely a&s backwards, we did it. The fact that I continue to follow and love this train wreck has made me truly believe I am a masochist. I have no doubt we will completely mess up this hire. And that’s IF we get rid of the dude we already KNOW has and will continue to fail. Coaches leaving. Not allowing the coach to hire anybody. Signing day coming up and everything is in doubt. Something odd going on with Steele. Hired a guy a while back to be our AD that many argue was the beginning of our downfall and had zero experience in the position. That’s after firing the AD while he was on an airplane who went rogue in desperation trying to hire a pirate. Who looking back would have been a godsend. Everybody jumping into the transfer portal. Jesus it’s insane. Bring on Chadwell. 3-4 years of being awful and hire the next garbage coach on the list. I’m a little frustrated with things if you can’t tell. 45 years I’ve been a Vol. Never in my wildest dreams did I think such an iconic program could get to where we are. If anybody needs me I’ll be crying in the bathroom.

The hiring freeze wasn't speculation. Pruitt's silence about the Steele hire so far (what are we like an hour in) is pretty telling.

We are speculating that the hiring freeze is a clear indication that Pruitt isn't being retained but there is no proof that it is connected to his future here. It is also more likely that the freeze is a mere formality until the investigation is completed.

So they “wanted” to keep a coach they hired.

Now they “might” not be able to.

He “might” be the coach next year.

Chadwell is a name being floated around.

Well that clears everything up.

Close to Athletics? Like they stand close to it? Live close? They're good friends?

Please Stop Posting Crap Rumors

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Some more "insider" non-information :rolleyes:
The dude actually said he isn't an insider. He clearly stated that it was some info passed along to him that he had no way to verify, but thought some of us might find it interesting. He also predicted, in true VN tradition, he'd be flamed for it. Maybe it's just another empty rumor, but hey, I found it interesting. Beats another thread slamming Pruitt.

Here is more TIFWIW and a insider friend. But the OP lost me at 5-6 years. One think for sure we have to go through insiders firing process to get to HC hiring thread part 5 where the real insiders comes out.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I know a guy who knows a guy that is a good friend of an ex employee who once worked with a fellow that ..................

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back