TIFWIW from a source reasonably close to Athletics

I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.
I’ve had insider info before, but not in a long time. I’d like a “cool story bro with whip”

You misinterpreted the post. If Pruitt is fired there is talk of Chadwell being the replacement. If Pruitt is brought back for next year which is more than likely the case then obviously no hire will take place. Not insinuating Tennessee is planning a year in advance. Contingency plans are necessary when no one for sure knows how this investigation will play out. Investigation does not implicate Pruitt then he will be back, if it goes wrong then we are all screwed and no good coach wants to come here and work through sanctions. Chadwell is in discussion for doing that even through any sanctions.
FFS there's no way you could insinuate that....This crap show has over the past 10 years has proven that contingency plans are a 3 week after thought of the Ath Dept, prez and Board.

This is true. What people need to understand is that the sole goal of sports media people is to get clicks or listeners. For the local ones this time of year is the dead zone. By stiring the pot the get more clicks and listeners. Finebaum has made a career out of stoking disgruntaled fan bases and taking pot shots at coaches.
Agreed. If you, I and oh about 20% of this board fully understand this ....well...you know the obvious question that follows!

Reactions: rikberry31
I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.

I’m not sure if your information is accurate or not. However, may God have Mercy on your soul for sharing it. Buckle up!

Lmao... God, please let this be the last one of these...
There are hundreds of UT employees "connected well with athletics". If each of these has several friends like the OP, then I'm afraid this will not be the last of these threads.

At this point, doesn’t it seem like if Pruitt is back, that means all of the dealings behind closed doors went MAJORLY wrong ?

If deals are being done behind closed doors, these are the doors they’re talking about.

Attachments

• 887356F5-9430-4B82-A51C-DC0DAA401D7D.jpeg
    887356F5-9430-4B82-A51C-DC0DAA401D7D.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 5
Lol so if we are too far gone on Pruitt why let him have another year. Tell your source he's FOS
LOL...Caught that too. Would be like telling everyone I caught my wife with another man and we are divorcing but we are staying together for another year just for $hits and giggles.

I love the off season!

Reactions: VolNExile

Too Far Gone!
That’s all I needed to hear, everyone could see it on Saturdays, it’s not top secret info

Did you miss that Pruitt was allowed to hire a coach? Hiring freeze (Freeze) is over. Another year of Pruitt.
You may be right about Pruitt. But that won't stop anything on here. The calls for different coaches will just get louder if he's back. This ends with Pruitt turning things around next year or a new coach.
tenor (5).gif

If you think Pruitt hired Steele then I got some ocean front property in Hancock County I will sell you. This hire was 100% Fulmer.
Where is the proof of that? You're just guessing like everyone else. Pruitt isn't getting fired. Lots of y'all need to get ready for that.

The only scenario in play is Pruitt’s lawyers fighting for every dime of the buyout. Think about it. If Doofus had any head coaching game, he would take a plea at ~$5M ish and walk. Still an up-an-comer, lands next big contract. Doofus is aware that will never happen. (Well at least his lawyers are aware of that). This contract is his lottery, once in a life time. His next gig? I don’t see top tier D Coordinator, ~&750K gig mid major. There’s also the Philip Foolmer icing on the poop cake. And we know, as a matter of medical science, Donde has no balls. Feinbaum says there’s a Game of Thrones happening. Clearly it‘s the Haslams vs consortium of large hitters and Foolmer loyalists. Last time out the Haslams lost. How did that work out? And just to fill you in, they are billionaires, INDIVIDUALLY. LOOK IT UP. New faces soon

Reactions: DuckRiverVol

VN Store

Back