The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I already have the Disney+ bundle with regular Hulu. I'm afraid if I add Hulu Live it'll be a pain to cancel (Hulu Live) and keep the bundle later?

Plus I've read you can't delay watching live sports while the game/event is still airing? This true?

Just so tired of being an exploited ATM for big business .
I will pay for my services but I ain’t puttin up with this, screw YouTube TV.
Now, any GBO advice about Sling TV?
I think it has a UT connection?
Thanks and GBO for real !!

So it's between Hulu, Sling and Fubo

*and none of them have Bally Sports

**nor did YTTV
…which is why I’m looking into AT&T/DirecTV Stream. It’s the only one that got Bally. What really sucks is that YTTV has clearly the best interface and cloud DVR. Wherever I’m going to move is going to feel clunky.

DirecTV Stream is way more expensive
I have it, and it’s expensive, but I got grandfathered in to $25 off/month, as an original subscriber. I will say that it’s great, except no NFL Network. My only real complaint.

…which is why I’m looking into AT&T/DirecTV Stream. It’s the only one that got Bally. What really sucks is that YTTV has clearly the best interface and cloud DVR. Wherever I’m going to move is going to feel clunky.
Direct TV has unlimited Cloud DVR for $10 more. Looking like it would cost me $99 a month total, I believe.

People going to Hulu Live is exactly what Disney wanted in this. Which is why I'm leaning toward Fubo or Sling.

With the game being canceled today I may give it another week or so to make a decision.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I have the Disney Bundle including ESPN and Hulu but for some reason my Firestick won't let me log in. It keeps asking for a "provider". (I'm a YTTV user). It worked in the past but now I can't get in even though I can on my computer.

Frustrating.

EDIT: Deleted the app and reinstalled. Working now. Hopefully this will get me through until someone clunks the heads of YTTV and Disney together.

Last edited:
FYI I believe YTTV is going to discount 15 bucks and the Disney+ bundle which includes Disney, Hulu and ESPN is 14 bucks.

Why am I paying for the Disney+ bundle if I can't sign in and watch ESPN+ without a streaming service account?

I have it, and it’s expensive, but I got grandfathered in to $25 off/month, as an original subscriber. I will say that it’s great, except no NFL Network. My only real complaint.
Looks like that $25 may be going away from what I read

Why am I paying for the Disney+ bundle if I can't sign in and watch ESPN+ without a streaming service account?
I think You can watch ESPN+ You just can’t stream live content that’s showing on ESPN, 2, U, SEC etc.

Just out of curiosity, what are you guys paying to have Internet and a TV package that you honestly like? I have a Spectrum TV package, Internet and a phone (which I don't care about) and it cost me somewhere around $180/month. It also includes the Spectrum app which supposedly allows me to watch any TV channel on my phone/tablet/Roku/etc. wherever I'm at, but I haven't used it yet. It sure sounds like people are counting pennies and getting shafted and paying nearly as much as regular cable.

Reactions: VolNExile
Just out of curiosity, what are you guys paying to have Internet and a TV package that you honestly like? I have a Spectrum TV package, Internet and a phone (which I don't care about) and it cost me somewhere around $180/month. It also includes the Spectrum app which supposedly allows me to watch any TV channel on my phone/tablet/Roku/etc. wherever I'm at, but I haven't used it yet. It sure sounds like people are counting pennies and getting shafted and paying nearly as much as regular cable.
My DIRECTV Stream is $69.99 / ATT Fiber is $75.33 = $145.32/mo

My DIRECTV Stream is $69.99 / ATT Fiber is $75.33 = $145.32/mo
But do you like it? I can't get past the lag when I try to skip commercials or fast forward. The only thing streaming services did was open the market to 100+ streaming services instead of just one or two cable companies. I suppose the good thing is that cable companies now have to compete and they are holding their prices down.

But do you like it? I can't get past the lag when I try to skip commercials or fast forward. The only thing streaming services did was open the market to 100+ streaming services instead of just one or two cable companies. I suppose the good thing is that cable companies now have to compete and they are holding their prices down.
I've been streaming for about 4-5 years, so I'm honestly used to it now. When I first started, it was so much cheaper, but the prices have slowly increased. I do not like having extra cable boxes

Reactions: volinbham

VN Store

Back