The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

anyone having lip sync (audio not matching video when people talk) issues with YTTV - happening on all my TVs? I see it running a Firestick and built in app on LG OLED tv.
I’ve had that happen a few times recently as well. Noticed it at halftime of the UGA/Clemson game. I’ve been changing the channel for a fix. A couple of times I had to go in and restart the Firestick.

anyone having lip sync (audio not matching video when people talk) issues with YTTV - happening on all my TVs? I see it running a Firestick and built in app on LG OLED tv.
No issues here (Apple TV/Samsung)

I don't think this is cord cutting related and didn't want to start a thread on it but we have WoW cable/internet. I Googled if they have ESPN+ but not seeing anything pop up. We don't get it with our package and I'm not sure you can even add it to the package as I don't think it's even available.

Ughh how do you get ESPN+ for the game Saturday?

I don't think this is cord cutting related and didn't want to start a thread on it but we have WoW cable/internet. I Googled if they have ESPN+ but not seeing anything pop up. We don't get it with our package and I'm not sure you can even add it to the package as I don't think it's even available.

Ughh how do you get ESPN+ for the game Saturday?
Do you get the sec in your package?

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
If you do, just download the ESPN app, it will ask you to verify your account and you can watch it.
If you have a smart tv or roku even better.

Thanks. After a bit of Googling I found this out. The cable/net is in my aunt's name so of course she doesn't remember her credentials lol. We will call and get it sorted.

Thanks!

Reactions: MAD
Hmm doesn't look like it works.

I verified her credentials. Logged in with them on our internets website no problem.

Tried them on the ESPN App and no dice.
the game is also on SEC+ so if you have the SEC in your package you are good, look for sec+ games not ESPN+ games

Here is a thread in the FF that more people are talking about maybe they can help
TV for Tenn Tech game on Spectrum

Thanks. I got it sorted. Well I hope so anyways.

I first tried the ESPN app on my phone but didn't see anywhere to login with your TV provider on there so I switched over to my Xbox and as soon as it opened there was an option to login with TV provider. Got signed in.

I hope it works because signed in or not the layout and shows look exactly the same.

Reactions: MAD
Thanks. I got it sorted. Well I hope so anyways.

I first tried the ESPN app on my phone but didn't see anywhere to login with your TV provider on there so I switched over to my Xbox and as soon as it opened there was an option to login with TV provider. Got signed in.

I hope it works because signed in or not the layout and shows look exactly the same.
Good luck, maybe you can try out an event that is on SEC+ to test it out at some point before Saturday.

FWIW I'm traveling this week, I got logged into the SECN but ESPN+ kept kicking me out, probably a location thing. Anyway, I skipped the streaming sites and pulled up Kodi and found a 1080p feed for the game which saved a lot of trouble futzing around with the likes of ESPN.

I don't see much talk about Kodi these days which is a shame cause its never been a better solution for people that are sick of all the streaming services. I dropped Prime, Netflix, and Hulu and haven't missed a thing plus you've got access to 4k series and movies that these sites don't carry. You ain't living until you've seen Game of Thrones in 4k. The only catch is you will need a subscription to Real Debrid at $3/mo. You heard me, 3 bucks a month for a vast catalog of movies and TV that are hosted on their servers for immediate streaming. And no, you don't need a VPN for this either. I've heard all the arguments against Kodi and they were never quite accurate but with the introduction of this Debrid service its just made Kodi even more bulletproof.

One more note, a basic Kodi install will only provide links to free providers and in many cases they are limited.... add a premium service like Debrid and the number of links goes up 10x and are of the best quality with no buffering.

War Eagle!

Reactions: VolNExile

Just a heads up on this after seeing this I checked YTTV and they weren't on there but later while looking on my phone where you can customize your YTTV channels they were listed but I had to click to make them visible on my channel guide.

For Youtube TV subscribers...if you DVR a show, do you have to watch the commercials when you are watching the show later? Currently have Hulu Live and think it is BS you have to watch commericals on a recorded show.

Reactions: HarsinVol
For Youtube TV subscribers...if you DVR a show, do you have to watch the commercials when you are watching the show later? Currently have Hulu Live and think it is BS you have to watch commericals on a recorded show.
You can FF through commercials for stuff you've recorded. I think you have to watch them for On Demand stuff.

VN Store

Back